News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to remove Charger seats?

Started by Supercharged Riot, January 28, 2012, 02:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supercharged Riot

I'm trying to remove the carpet in my Charger, but I gotta remove the seats first.
When I finally looked, it wasn't as obvious as my Honda civic.
Anyone know how to get these things off? The seats seem to be held down by bolts you just can throw a socket wrench on.
Lemme know if any of you guys got any pointers. Sorry, I'm a beginner still learning.

Here's the pic I took showing the bolt:

Fred

Each bucket seat has 4 studs which go through the floor pan.  You need to get underneath the car to remove the nuts from the studs.
Then simply pull the seats up and out.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Dino

While you're under the car, get the nut that holds the gas pedal down as well.  It goes through the carpet.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

Rear seat might be tougher for you to figure out.

You need to push back on the bottom cushion towards the rear of the car while pulling upward. They can be tough. I've had some cars where they come right out & others that put up a fight.
The top cushion then lifts up & out real easy.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Supercharged Riot

Hey thanks for the quick response guys. I'll check it out and keep you posted

FLG

Ive got a method of hip checking the rear bottom cushion...keep your front seats in as it makes it easier if you want to get the rears bottom out as you can use them as a brace...i crouch sideways and hip check the bottom cushion in and up using the front seat as a brace.