News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 383 4spd on ebay

Started by bakerhillpins, January 18, 2012, 10:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

All

Just a heads up.. This 68 383 on ebay sold from Cary NC last summer. His description leads one to believe he has owned it for several years. (or at least that is how I read it.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Dodge-Charger-383-4-Speed-Manual-Factory-A-C-Numbers-Matching-/120845451426?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c22f340a2

BTW - It sold for 20k as a BIN. I almost pulled the trigger on that car.  I have several more pics of the car if anyone is interested just send me a PM.

One of these days I will get a 4 spd.  :yesnod:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bull

So when will the "4spd cars never had A/C" fight begin?

John_Kunkel

Damn, that's my dream car and it's close enough to go pick up. Never have the cash when needed quick.

Lots of 383, 4-speed, A/C cars documented....it's the 440 and Hemi that's not A/C with 4-speed.

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Dans 68

Bull, aka Mr. :stirthepot:   ;)  Yep, this one was for sale a while ago.

Sure is a strange looking letter "G" on the vin, though.  :P

Dan

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

moparstuart

Quote from: Dans 68 on January 18, 2012, 04:08:06 PM
Bull, aka Mr. :stirthepot:   ;)  Yep, this one was for sale a while ago.

Sure is a strange looking letter "G" on the vin, though.  :P

Dan

most st louis cars thats the way the G looks like a C .    alot of titles come back with C on them like my 69 charger the inspection station typo   :yesnod:

my 69 runners vin
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

they did a better job stamping my 70 converts
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Yea, the 'G' on my VIN tag looks strikingly similar to a G to me. :shruggy:

bull

Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 18, 2012, 04:07:10 PM

Lots of 383, 4-speed, A/C cars documented....it's the 440 and Hemi that's not A/C with 4-speed.

Since when have the facts ever stood in the way of a good argument?

bakerhillpins

Quote from: bull on January 19, 2012, 04:46:29 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 18, 2012, 04:07:10 PM

Since when have the facts ever stood in the way of a good argument?

:hah:

Dan - the G in the pic is fuzzy enough that it could have the tick mark but just not be visible since there is still black paint on in.  Btw - you must have picked up the pics from the previous seller as well. Its the same vin pic I have.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Dans 68

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 19, 2012, 05:53:50 PM
...Btw - you must have picked up the pics from the previous seller as well. Its the same vin pic I have.

Yep!  ;) When I find them, I document them.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Dans 68

Probably over 20k.  ;)  I've attached the fender tag from its last sale.

Dan

rarefish

Question.. In 1968, :icon_smile_question: did the 383 4 speed cars come standard with the Dana rear?

bull

Quote from: rarefish on January 20, 2012, 03:20:25 AM
Question.. In 1968, :icon_smile_question: did the 383 4 speed cars come standard with the Dana rear?

No.

1970Moparmann

Mine came with a 8 3/4 with a 323.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

John_Kunkel

Seller says the electrical problems might just be a blown fuse....jeez, wouldn't you check/replace fuses rather than add a disclaimer?  :confused:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Dino

So it pretty much says it has a lousy paint job and knocks and whines (seller says they're not horrible!).

Missing the charger emblem above the glove box door?  There's not supposed to be one there.

Trunk floor has been replaced with no mention of body repairs.  Inside doors were painted, along with lock and everything else.

I don't know, this quick respray seems to have been a bit too quick.

Keys work on ignition and trunk but not the doors?  It's the same key as the ignition...wth...

As with most, this car will need a lot to make it pretty again.  Definitely not something I'd buy off of pictures.  $5000 deposit within 3 days is a bit scary as well.

I guess I haven't seen a 68 up close in a while, I don't recall the side marker lenses to be that small.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1974dodgecharger

just someone trying to get alot of money based on the charger popularity recently in the past decade.

Quote from: Dino on January 20, 2012, 04:07:38 PM
So it pretty much says it has a lousy paint job and knocks and whines (seller says they're not horrible!).

Missing the charger emblem above the glove box door?  There's not supposed to be one there.

Trunk floor has been replaced with no mention of body repairs.  Inside doors were painted, along with lock and everything else.

I don't know, this quick respray seems to have been a bit too quick.

Keys work on ignition and trunk but not the doors?  It's the same key as the ignition...wth...

As with most, this car will need a lot to make it pretty again.  Definitely not something I'd buy off of pictures.  $5000 deposit within 3 days is a bit scary as well.

I guess I haven't seen a 68 up close in a while, I don't recall the side marker lenses to be that small.

68neverlate

Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 20, 2012, 03:46:32 PM

Seller says the electrical problems might just be a blown fuse....jeez, wouldn't you check/replace fuses rather than add a disclaimer?  :confused:

Yup, I was thinking the same thing.  I'd be guesiing you'd be into some fairly involved electrical work and possibly some device replacements/rebuilds on this one...    :P

bull

Quote from: 68neverlate on January 20, 2012, 04:24:45 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 20, 2012, 03:46:32 PM

Yup, I was thinking the same thing.  I'd be guesiing you'd be into some fairly involved electrical work and possibly some device replacements/rebuilds on this one...    :P

Can't tell you how many times I've seen the words "easy fix" in car advertisements. If it's so easy why don't they just do it instead of writing about it? Then there's the double pricing rate threat. "You fix, $1,500. I fix $2,500"

tan top

nice  color  :yesnod:  heres some pictures before the ad goes  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html