News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

electric fuel pump regulator location ideas

Started by hemi68charger, January 16, 2012, 11:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
Helping another friend out there. I'm looking for suggestions on the location of a regulator for an electric fuel pump. He's going bye-bye with the mechanical version. He's got a stroker hemi in his '69 Charger R/T. He'll obviously be getting a fuel pump block off. Where are nice, neat out of the way locations you all have tried. It's a street car, so it'll be a case of setting it once and being done with it for awhile. I was thinking somewhere down by the original mechanical pump, but frozen in the idea category on how to mount it. The electric fuel pump will more than likely be mounted aft by the tank. Would prefer not to drill any more holes in the inner sheetmetal...

Thanks..
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

terrible one

Could you use one of the mounting bolts for the original fuel pump and mount it up with the block-off plate? Maybe bend up a small bracket to make it look good

FLG

Right in front of the carb, as seen here

Could fab up a bracket to use on of the intake bolts for support, but i doubt youll need it.

Throw an elbow on the dual line that goes to the carb, run it to the regulator, and just run that other line to the other side of it..done.

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

terrible one

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 17, 2012, 08:47:24 AM
These work nice for a clean install  :2thumbs:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-20-120/?rtype=10

Ron

Oooh I like that! But looks like thats about where the coil sits in this case. Might be low enough to clear though. I'd probably go FLG's route, lots easier to get to than my original suggestion, plus it looks real nice on that bitchin' motor  :icon_smile_big:  :scratchchin:

MoparSam

I located mine to the inner frame rail below the alternator.  It's out of the way, accessible, and not too visible.
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'75 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'78 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

gtx6970

for every inch the fuel has to travel 'up' it looses approx 1 psi of pressure.

Promax told me to mount it as close to the carb as possibile

Mick70RR

Quote from: MoparSam on January 18, 2012, 09:42:08 AM
I located mine to the inner frame rail below the alternator.  It's out of the way, accessible, and not too visible.

That's the same place I mounted mine.
1970 Road Runner, 505 cid, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears
11.98 @ 117 on street treads

FLG

Budnicks

Quote from: gtx6970 on January 27, 2012, 01:57:58 PM

:2thumbs: yes closer the better for true accurate pressure settings  :yesnod: ... I think it's quite a bit more than 1" rise to effect it much, much more I would think...  But closer is much better
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

BSB67

Sure about your numbers?

37" vertical column of gasoline = 1 psi

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Ghoste

gtx6970

Quote from: BSB67 on January 27, 2012, 06:50:58 PM

Sure about your numbers?

37" vertical column of gasoline = 1 psi

Yep, meant to type 1 psi loss for every 1 ft the fuel has to climb vertical ( not 1 inch )

redmist

I mounted mine right in front of the carb.  I was sure to use as many types, and colors of fittings and braided line as possible. So I get an extra eleventybillion and one horse powers.   ;)

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Budnicks

Remember, were ever you choose to mount the regulator & route your fuel lines make sure they both are kept cool as possible... Every little bit helps
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Rolling_Thunder

I've mounted them on the rear china wall using a stand-off bracket - then route the fuel line down the transmission bellhousing and use the bolts to mount those rubber isolated clamps - then tun the other side up to the carb along the passenger side - still accessable but out of the way -  :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

You got me on this one, what is a "China wall"?

Rolling_Thunder

the vertical front or rear wall that encloses the lifter valley - The area that has the three holes for the retaining plate to old down the lifter valley plate / gasket.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip