News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What in heck.. ( a rant)

Started by MoparManJim, January 14, 2012, 08:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on January 16, 2012, 02:15:31 AM
I enjoy pretending that MoparManJim looks and sounds just like Hugh Laurie in "Black Adder."

...carry on.

I didn't even know Hugh Laurie played in "Black Adder." saw some shows years ago before I even knew who he was (before "House") so didn't recognise his character.   Didn't know he did comedy. I know he sings. I must get hold of some copies and check it out.
He's not a bad actor.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Brock Lee

What is so bad about getting your head shaved in the winter? If it is too cold out, put a hat on. You don't see bald people having problems in the winter.

So, did this kid have a known allergy to bees? It doesn't seem like an emergency situation. I have known people that had the less severe allergies, they get stung, go the the ER and they give them a shot on the spot. If the kid was swelled up and dieing, okay, that is numb, but otherwise, so what?

On Hugh Laurie, he was mainly a comedic actor. Check out his old show "A bit of Fry and Laurie"..Great stuff!

MoparManJim

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on January 16, 2012, 02:15:31 AM
I enjoy pretending that MoparManJim looks and sounds just like Hugh Laurie in "Black Adder."

...carry on.

BTW, I love that photo you posted, that shows your real side an class towards others.  :2thumbs:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Brock Lee on January 16, 2012, 02:31:17 AM
What is so bad about getting your head shaved in the winter? If it is too cold out, put a hat on. You don't see bald people having problems in the winter.

So, did this kid have a known allergy to bees? It doesn't seem like an emergency situation. I have known people that had the less severe allergies, they get stung, go the the ER and they give them a shot on the spot. If the kid was swelled up and dieing, okay, that is numb, but otherwise, so what?

On Hugh Laurie, he was mainly a comedic actor. Check out his old show "A bit of Fry and Laurie"..Great stuff!

1) the kid is under age an that his mom should have known better.
2) he can get sick real fast
3) why in heck would you even get your head shaved in the winter for anyways  :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: 
4) the kid does have allergys to not only bees but to food also
5) I am a concern friend

Chris G.

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 15, 2012, 02:09:51 PM
But when my close friend told me what happen the other night

So your friend was at the scene and saw this all happen? It sounds like much ado about nothing if you ask me.

Jim, you are probably the last guy on the planet that should be calling anyone "dumb". Aren't you the same guy who said a girl broke up with you because you lived in filth? Unless the person you are talking about in this thread has been contacted by child services, you really have no business poking your nose in it.

skip68

I have to agree with Jim on this one.   
Everybody knows that ANY God fearing self respecting Southerner gets his/her head shaved in the spring.   This kind of thinking is what cost the south the civil war. 
:nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

I guess someone should have told my buddy about this shaved head/winter rule...

I see no problems with it. By the time a "kid" is 15 he/she can make his own decisions on hair style..

Jim -- I'm just curious, do you have any kids? If so, you'd realize that by the time a kid's 15 years old there's no stopping them from harmless things like hair cuts...

skip68

Yep!   My son's 15 and we let him make his own decisions on style.  Clothing and hairstyles don't bother me because he'll grow out of it.   At 15, kids are just finding themselves and that's OK.  I WILL NOT ALLOW ANY TATTOOS OR PIERCINGS.  He can do that once he's 18. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MoparManJim

Quote from: Chris G. on January 16, 2012, 06:33:16 AM
Quote from: MoparManJim on January 15, 2012, 02:09:51 PM
But when my close friend told me what happen the other night

So your friend was at the scene and saw this all happen? It sounds like much ado about nothing if you ask me.

Jim, you are probably the last guy on the planet that should be calling anyone "dumb". Aren't you the same guy who said a girl broke up with you because you lived in filth? Unless the person you are talking about in this thread has been contacted by child services, you really have no business poking your nose in it.

No, they was talking to them over the phone..  :lol: 

Yes, they was at the location..

Yes, I am the same guy, but the thing is this, it wasn't the woman that said it... I found out it was infact her mom that made her say it. I found that out through friends of her's later down the road. That womans mother made a past at me long time back an I told her off about it an the mom (who made the past at me) got mad at me. Hey it's not my fault the mom is married an was flirting with other guys an "trying" to flirt with me as well an I wouldn't flirt back.. when she pinch my butt that was where I drew the line at an told her off.

Now this woman I'm talking about, an her kid is friends of mine you can say, an I do at times get concern about the kid. The woman is like 5 years older then me too I might add. 

I ask a legit question, an yet I'm the one that gets hit.. with the replys towards me. The world is backwards I think..  :lol:

Brock Samson

Fred

You mean Stephen Fry? Know him and yes I will, thanks. (Had no idea they worked together)

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Fred

Will the real Hugh Laurie please stand up!

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Brock Lee

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 16, 2012, 02:25:23 PM

Yes, I am the same guy, but the thing is this, it wasn't the woman that said it... I found out it was infact her mom that made her say it.

When a person, regardless of gender, wants something bad enough..no body can get in their way. Either she agreed or was looking for an out and went with what her mom said.

Quote from: Fred on January 16, 2012, 07:30:37 PM

You mean Stephen Fry? Know him and yes I will, thanks. (Had no idea they worked together)

Yes, they started out together in the late 70's early 80's in college and remained a duo of sorts until the mid 90's. They did almost 8 years of "A bit of Fry and Laurie" together. Actress Emma Thompson was also part of their comedy group in the early years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6riY-103vbc

mauve66

when you are forced to live under a rock at the age of 10-11, and the style of the day is long hair, parted down the middle and feathered back then u get a completely shaved head like you have a disease or something, then going to school to get bullied everyday is not my idea of fun, i had a mush better time going to the park and video arcade, guess i'm lucky i didn't get kidnapped or start doing drugs or something..................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment