News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

nvrbdn

Started by Fred, January 15, 2012, 02:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Holy Crap what a story..   :popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Quote from: Fred on January 15, 2012, 08:50:39 PM

Thanks for clarifying. Now I can think of you as  neverdone instead of merv!! :2thumbs:

I didn't think of Merv, my eyes kept seeing it as Never Mind.   :lol:

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 13, 2012, 11:18:32 AM

I'll read his story later, unless you or someone can condense it down to a paragraph or two.  :o
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Inked_Ghandi

IMHO there is no way to just cut it down. An absolute must read.
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."

USAF AMMO

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

RallyeMike

Quotesorry allen i kinda rushed the end. smilielol

Ya it was. I was reading about hard times after getting your walking papers and then BAM: Grandkids. 

Everyone has an interesting story to tell.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

PocketThunder

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 13, 2012, 12:06:24 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on February 13, 2012, 11:18:32 AM

I'll read his story later, unless you or someone can condense it down to a paragraph or two.  :o

Actually Bob you have to read it from start to finish.  It would be a nice life lesson to some younger members on here wondering where to go with life.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

nvrbdn

there was a time i didnt include in this story that im not real proud of. after lisa left me again, which she did like to do, i was devistated. i would go to work and when home sit in a dark room and stare at the black. hours upon hours. well one friday a week into my misery the kids were gona go over to my mom and dads for the weekend. my oldest boy was about 6 i'd say and he came to me sitting in a dark room and said, dad i dont need to go to g-mas, i can sit with you. i said you go have fun buddy, im fine. well i decided to go blow some anger off and a buddy calls me to go out. i get in my white t/a with the gold bird on it and cruise to granite city. we hit a bar called cadillac jacks and start hitting the beers. now this chick i know comes up and talks to me and all of a sudden there is a shot in front of me so as im talking i slam it. we keep talking and another shot is there and i down it. then the third and she says, you dont want that. its tequilla and you shouldnt mix with beer. i said im fine (you know, the man thing) and i drink it too. well she wishes me luck with my drinking choices and heads off. my buddy comes back with a couple other guys and says lets go to cramdens. (its a bar in another part of town) so ok we head out. now im starting to feel the effects of the alchohol and we smart guys decide to drag race his 4x4 truck and my trans am through town.luckily no one got in our way and we make it to cramdens.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

we party there for a couple more hours and by now im blasted and its after 1. luckly one of the other guys wants to leave and i offer to take him home.we pull out and arent doin too bad but then we are going through a neighborhood with long straight roads. he says how fast will it go? punch it. so i do and we are frigging flying. i look at him and say, isnt maryville road around here somewhere? and right then we are flying over it. it had a light lift as you entered the road. a four lane road from one end of town to the other. luckily no cars were there when we got there or there would be nothing left of us. i freaked out as i suddenly realized how stupid what i was doing was. i found this guys home and drove that trans am the 25 miles home to my house and put a for sale sign on it and never drove it again. got it sold in 2 days and was happy to see it go.lucky for me nothing happened to take me away from my kids that night and ended my drinking and driving days.  after i met kitty i got into the harley days. i picked up a bike and started doing the poker runs and rodeo's. that was fun, but i couldnt believe how we would get to the first bar and these guys would already be drunk and get on them bikes and ride all day.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

we have seen a few scrapped off the pavements and decided to let the harley go since it got to the only time i rode it was to work. that money got me toward my camper and 3/4 ton quad cab pickup. we got a 30 footer with a slide.we enjoy camping quite a bit. even though some will say thats not camping. i still call it camping and have a lot of fun with it. life has mellowed over the last few years as we spend time camping with the kids and grand kids. those young buggers tend to pull on the heart strings. and im a sucker for the "i want this grandpa" line. between the charger and the camper we seldom have an open weekend. but its a good life :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Paul G

What a story. You are a good writer my friend and  btw, I thought it meant "never board"
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Budnicks

nvrbdn the Lisa thing I went thru 10 years or so ago, also with a girl named Lisa, moral of the story is "no more Lisa's"..  :rofl: the camping thing is RV-ing, not really camping, I know it very well, luxed out 28ft Jayco 5th wheel trailer, with a slide out..  :nana: the bike deal, "been there done that" for many years from age 12-45, bikes, 3 wheeler's & quads you name it I had it, no longer do that either, "there are old riders & bold riders, but no old bold riders" , the final straw for me was, I was hit by a 72 Ford Esquire Country Wagon making a left turn right in front of me, at like 50+mph, that's the last time on a bike, the Quad also went shortly after that  :hah: I will no longer ever drive after any drinks, even if I only have just a beer, "it's just not worth it"... :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

nvrbdn

you are right. definately on the drinking and lisa's, rv-ing, the bikes. we quit shortly after we were coming up to a red light on a 2 lane road. there was a gas station on the right. we started to pull in with our turn signal on when a woman decided to pass us on our right. there was no road there. just the entrance to the gas station. as i was almost sideways pulling in, she slammed on her brakes and ended up about an inch from my leg. im just staring at her and she kinda smiles and says sorry. i just shook my head and pulled on into the gas station. i didnt mention that there was already 3 cars stopped at the red light, so there was no where for her to go. oh well, after that we just decided to get a different hobby. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

nvrbdn

yea, we are also a no helmet state. and i never wore one unless i was goin to missouri for the bikers for babies run. other than that i never wore a helmet and neither did kitty. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 14, 2012, 02:52:23 PM
yea, we are also a no helmet state. and i never wore one unless i was goin to missouri for the bikers for babies run. other than that i never wore a helmet and neither did kitty. :rotz:
you were tempting fate for sure... the only thing that saved my dumb a$$, was I was wearing a helmet & it was split almost in half when I flew 50-60ft thru the air over the back of the wagon & hit a Stop sign post with my helmet... I always wore a helmet, even when I was a little kid on my mini bikes, my parents wouldn't let me ride with out one, GOOD THING I HAD THAT HABIT, DRILLED INTO MY BRAIN...

nvrbdn

i was talking to a friend taday and remembered something in my life that was actually pretty big that never got into the story and i thought id go back and add it. when i was 15 i thought my life was miserable. yea right. well i figured id teach my parents by running away from home. my cousin was on board and so we set a date to leave and had it all figured out. we were going to minnesota where we always went on vacation. nisswa minnesota. good fishing there. so on the morning we were to leave he got a cab to my house. then we went to the bank and i took my money and he posed as my brother and took his. then back to my house to get our stuff and hit the road to leave.  when i snuck back in the house my sister that was 2 years younger was still there. so i had to tell her what i was doing. she was broke up about it and when she went to school she went straight to bob and told him. he called my parents, but we were already gone.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

we hit the road and got a ride quick. the woman took us to springfield il. and let us out. we quickly caught a ride with a truck driver that got us all the way to iowa, but then turned the wrong way letting us off on a road to no where. we couldnt get a ride and camped out on the side of the road in the woods. it started pouring that night and we got soaked. we walked to the nearest town and found a bus station and decided that was a better way to go. so it was on a bus the rest of the way. when we got to nisswa we met a couple girls that we communicated with. they took us to a hotel and spent the night with us there,. then the next day one of the girls set us up to stay with her sister (a college girl) and her room mate.  they turned us on to smoke :D and kept us hid for a while. then the girl we first met said rons dad had called and that him and my dad were on their way to get us. well they took us to a park in the middle of the night so they wouldnt find us. but when they got there, the girl that ronny liked cracked and told where we were. next thing i know we were sleeping in sleeping bags in this park out of town and being woke up by my dad. now my dad is the best kind of person you will ever meet in your life and i will never understand why i felt i had it bad, but when he got me back to the car, all he said was lets go home. are you hungry?  he took us to a restaurant and we all got breakfast. then we drove all that way back home not mentioning the ordeal once. after we arrived back at home he asked me why i left, then told me that i really needed to learn how to get along with my family. that was my punishment. still today my dad is with me. he is now 80 years old. he still cuts his own grass and works a garden and goes out in the boat fishing every day. thanks dad for coming to get me. you are my hero. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Who knows what makes us do the things we do as kids. Thank God for loving, caring parents.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Budnicks

NVRBDN Lifes a funny thing sometimes... I didn't get along with my Pops for many years, after H.S. kind of though of him as just a sperm donor for many years, kind only cared about his new wife & family,got along with my step father much better... Then years latter after my mother died, I wanted to get closer to both my Step father "Bob" & my Pops "Harvey", I live with Harvey & take care of him now, we get along great, who knows why we had such a hard time when I was younger, part of it was I was so independent & on the road all the time, thought I knew everything..LOL.., but I think we were just like 2 pees in a pod "kind of", my step father "Bob" got me into cars, welding, body repair & fabrication, he taught me allot, but he is a weird dude now, kind of a child in an old mans body, since my mother died, 10 or so years ago... "NVRBDN great story", long but interesting....LOL...

Fred

Yes when Jim get's going he writes Epics!!   :smilielol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

nvrbdn

thats one of the problems with being young. you think you know it all. rules dont make sense. i really thought i had it bad as a kid. dang man, i have heard stories from people as children that blow me away. some of the things that parents did to keep their kids in line. i bet there are some stories with the people on here. when i heard these, i must've had the greatest parents in the world. nice home,new clothes, a car (68 charger) never had a belt put on my a$$. my dad believed in talking not hitting. and believe me, i needed one once in a while with the things i did. its good you have had a chance to get to know your dad in the later years budnicks. i admire you for stepping up and taking a shot at getting a relationship. most people would carry anger through the rest of their lives for what happened early in life. good for you :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Not me, I got beatings, today they would be put in jail for... I never really did anything really bad just typical kid crap... I remember making my Mom chase me around the pool, she would hit you with a wooden spoon, a hair brush, those ball & rubber string with a big paddle on it, what ever she had at the time... Or I would make her laugh & she would just leave it to my step dad to punish me, he was use to beating me on a regular basis, after coming home from work, he got tired of the ordeal & would sometimes just tell me, I'm tired of doing this & to just  yell like I was getting a real beating & just make me stay in my room for a while, to appease my mother... But I will say 1 thing, I did respect the authority of my parents, for fear of what would happen, if I screwed up bad, I would have a choice of a whooping or my bike, mini bike, go-cart, motorcycle, swimming privileges or even sometimes the car keys taken away, I would take the whooping every time, it's over much quicker... I lived with my Pops in HS, he had a big ass paddle from his Fraternity "Corinthians", he would say "grab your ankles boy" & whack away, that thing hurt, until I was in my later teens, I was 6" taller & 75 lbs heavier than him, he choose to take my car keys, make me do yard work, house painting {I really hated yard work}, work at his construction site for free, as punishments instead, "I would much rather had the beatings"... I will say one thing, they never let us go with out food, shelter, new shoes or cloths... As an adult, I never raised a hand in anger to a young child, "ever", I scare the crap out of them just talking or yelling, so it taught me a great lesson.... The adults from that generation, weren't afraid to discipline children, much like their parents did, when they messed up, now the kids today will just dial 911 or call child protective services or something... Some could use a good whooping, in my opinion....

nvrbdn

i agree, there are kids out there that could use some ahem..... attention to the rear side. i never used any device on my kids. never abused their butts. took my fathers approach with disapline. i was lucky though. i am thankful that i had pretty good kids. i hear nightmares from people i work with about how their kids treat them. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on May 26, 2012, 07:35:05 AM
i agree, there are kids out there that could use some ahem..... attention to the rear side. i never used any device on my kids. never abused their butts. took my fathers approach with disapline. i was lucky though. i am thankful that i had pretty good kids. i hear nightmares from people i work with about how their kids treat them. :yesnod:
Raising kids when they are young, the girls are great, little angles, the boys are trouble, little devils, then teenage girls was the absolute worst, teenage boys were easy, with sports, cars, motorcycles, mini bikes/go-carts, bicycles, video games, etc., the girls were so moody all the time, they had all the same type toys or what ever sports they wanted too, but barely came out of their rooms or off the phone/computer, boys were easily entertained & would help on the cars & yardwork...Did I mention, "I hate yardwork", that gave them "props" in my mind, I loved them all, but glad they are all out of the house too....