News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

nvrbdn

Started by Fred, January 15, 2012, 02:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

so i called them collect from my room and told them what had happened. then told them i was fine now and dont come out there. so a couple days later im erady to get out of there. the doctors had said that i may not walk, then well i may not walk normal. it kept changing. so the doc says if i can walk from the bed to the door he would let me out. so i did it. it wore me out, but i did it. so he checks me out and sends me back to george afb. when i get there they have me on 15 days convelescent leave. i tell them i want to go to illinois. i had to fight for this. but they agree with a back brace i can go. i had 3 paychecks waiting for me so i forget the brace, hop in my 69 roadrunner(that i traded the pinto for) with the back end jacked up, and head for illinois. after several hours of driving, its late and im tired. so i pull over at a rest stop and try to lay down. i was so sore i couldnt lay down. so i decide to try to sleep sitting up. that didnt work either. so i decide to keep driving. i get to oklahoma and need gas.so i pull into this station. i fill up and walk up to pay and cant remember how much i put in. i walk back and look again and when i get to the window i forgo again. he sends his girlfriend out and thinks im playin with him.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

well i finally get my gas. i guess my brainwasnt back 100% yet. anyway that was my first time i drove non stop on that trip.34 hours straight through. i got to mom and dads and stayed in bed for a day and a half. recoupin was slow and i had to check in at scott afb here in illinois as agreed upon. time ran out for vacation and i headed back to california. they wouldnt let me work for a while so all i did was wake up and tell them i was alive and the day was mine. they said i couldnt drive for the air force(i transfered to motor pool due to a fear of heights now) cuz the hospital had me on drugs. they had me takin darvons and perifon forte. dont know about the spelling, but they would mellow you out. i had actually qit taking them long before just didnt tell the hospital. well my driving career was on hold so i went to the commander and said get me off the drugs and in my truck or get me out of the af. he calls me back into his office after a while and says you are the responsibility of the hospital and they say you have to take the medication. so he agrees to give me my walking papers. a doctor that took me under his wing got wind and called me into his office. go to the hospital and copy all your records. tell them i need them. i did he said that when i was to get out the records would disapear.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

well he was right. when i got my day they said there was nothing wrong with me. i said there was and when the hospital couldnt provide my records, i did. the commander rode them guys hard for lieing in his office. a captain dropped a rank and a sargent got his walking papers also. i got my disability and honerable discharge. i decided to stay in california for now. started growing the hair and going to college. military scolarship. took automotive tech at victor valley jr college. it was great. then a guy walks into the unemployment office one day while i was there and asks if i want a job. he hired me to help him building buildings in hesperia for a strip mall. i jump right in. that lasts 6 mos. then a guy renting two of the units hires me to tear out a wall between two stores so he can put a napa parts store there. then he hires me to work in the store. well while im there i find out my high school sweet heart is at her uncles in anehiem. so i truck on down there (into the van scene) and visit lisa. it didnt take long to fire things back up, but he ships her back to illinois. oh well. meanwhile bob joins the af and is now at george afb. holy cow.thats cool for him to be out there. he already met a cool girl thats in the af too and doing good. well im partyin every sat night but im broke. i have the apartment, but no power. i live from a cooler and hang my car sterio on the wall and pull the battery out of my car so i can have music.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

everyone likes to party there and the lady next door doesnt yell cuz her kids get all the empty cans. well one day they all show up at the apt and hand me some money.this is for power and gas. wow i will have lights. the parties always were by candle light. so sat night cames and everyone is there. all of a sudden they are turning the lights out and lighting the candles. guess old habbits..............anyway i liked the electricity. so one night after a party i was sitting in the kitchen makin a pot of coffee and bob shows up. he says you know where that coffee would be good? i said where bob, he says illinois. we filled up the thermos,turned out the lights and left for illinois. i missed a couple finals at school. lol  lost a job. oh well. anyway, we stayed gone almost a month. while back in il. i got a call from lisa so i went to see her. she decided to go back to califorina with me. the three of us load up and head to victorville. when i get back, my apt was empty lost everything. had to find a place to live. found an old run down house in adlanto that i could have for free for 6 mos if i worked on it. so i took the deal. we had nothing and were so happy it was great. then she got preg.so we had to move to a nicer place.i was out of work and we didnt have but 20 bucks for christmas. so we waited till christmas eve and went and got a tree after the lot closed.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

66FBCharger

Then what happened??
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

nvrbdn

we got turkey t v dinners and went to the store and got each other a gift. took the tree home and decorated it with paper ornaments. we had a wonderful christmas.next i got a job. i started bowling on a league that roy rogers was on. that was cool.and here it was. time to have a baby. my daughter amy came into the world. she was a little early and had to stay in the hospital extra time from jauntis. how ever you spell it.life was good out there in the desert, but all good things come to an end. i was offered a good job in il. so we packed up and left for better things. yea right, money isnt everything. i get here, get a job, have to work shifts, she gets bored,next thing i know she wants to be with an ex boyfriend cuz im at work too much. well she leaves me and i get the big "d".then i get laid off from work so i decide to head to cali to visit some friends. im gona just slip out, but lisa calls and says what ya doin. well i tell her i wont be pickin up amy for the weekend., she bugs me on why, so i tell her and she says i have friends there too. so i finally give in and say if the bags are on the porch at 6 in the morning you can go. they were there and she went.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

we make it to california ok. get a hotel and visit everyone including bob and his better half. the trip went well. we didntr even fight.on the way back hame we were on the turnpike in oklahoma. lisa was reclined back with amy laying on her lap. all of a sudden she is screaming. amys body is jumping around turning colors then nothing. the movement just stopped. she turned purple. i was freaking out. all i could think of was stopping someone with a c b radio to call a cop. well i slid the car to a stop and jumped out. there was a semi and a few cars commin at me and im jumping up and down in the middle of the freeway. a van pulls over and i run to it and the guy says ( get ready for this)  whats wrong, im a doctor. i tell him what has happened and he comes back to the car. when he checks her out he says that she had a seisure from something that she picked up. keep her feet up and get her to a hospital. so i put it on 85 mph and figure if i get stopped ill explain my way out. no cops the whole trip and we get to tulsa medical center where they take her in and check her. she gets fevers from normal to 104. they do a spinal tap and she was crying  and i wanted to punch a docter. didnt want my baby to hurt.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

OMG its turned into a skip 68 thread   :popcrn: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nvrbdn

well we spent a whole week in that hospital. they let us stay in the room with her the whole time. never did come up with anything, but told us up to the age of 5 to keep her temp down if she starts having a fever. the body is like a computer and will just resort back to the same thing it did before. the body got a fever and went up so fast it didnt know what to do so it decided to shut down. after that time, we ended up back together. we were scared to death and didnt want to be apart while our kid suffered. so we get a house for rent in wood river. things went well as we did the living thing for a few years and had another kid. then the big layoff came. i tried everything to get work. even sold vacumn cleaners dood to door. but nothing was paying the bills. so we sold out everything we could and packed our bags for georgia. her sister was down there with her husband and said they could help us. we found a trailer to rent in acworth ga. and went to church down there. they were having a picnic that day and asked us to go. while there a guy aproached me and told me he would give me a job painting houses. bam, we were back on our feet again.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

we lived in ga. for a couple years with not much excitement when the mill called and offered my job back. i flew home worked two weeks and went to get the family. (we had another kid while there :smilielol:) we got an apartment, worked and bought a couple lots in the private lake subdivision. built a house and moved in. through all the struggling all was ok, but as soon as life got good, she got bored again.off she went with her truck and i bought her out of her share of the house. now im alone with the 2 oldest and she took the youngest with her. my time was busy with kids and all.didnt have much time to myself.i just went day to day and my friends helped me. well it didnt take long for her. she wanted back and yep, she was pregnant. well i tried to help her out by giving her a place to live and store her junk when one day i caome home from work and she has a preacher at my house. she needs insurance. oh well i give in and do it and we are married again. for 1 year. she ups and runs again leaving all 4 kids with me. i grew a brain that day. i stayed single for 10 years. mostly dating one person over most of it. spent alot of time at sporting events. got my kids through school.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

i bought my charger somewhere in there. then one day decided to get married again. well we are still together today. she likes cars, fishing, camping, me. we have been together 13 years this march. we raised all these monsters plus 2 of hers. we have 7 grandkids from 1-13 years. well thats 55 years of life. its been fun. ups and downs.more action in the younger years, but i mellowed in my later years. now i chill. dont get overly excited. enjoy the ride. we like to take vacations. like anything built around the car world. hopefully we will meet a bunch of you guys this year. like allen my friend 41husk that i met while working deals for parts,and again at monster mopar, and then again at the mopad, which is an awesome place to hang out and talk cars. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Brock Samson

Fred

Wow! that was a wild ride I just went on (yes I read it all) Life's something else isn't it?
Brought back memories of my own along the way. Some quite similar to yours. The music, the cruising around, the hanging out at favourite joints.
You had great parents...............that's the best start you can get.
You've had your ups and downs but you've made it this far and I wish you many more good years.

I enjoyed the whole story but I have to say ( and you know what it is) my favourite bit was............ (( i remember one time i was going to the football game at school. i was at the corner getting ready to pull into the parking lot and as people were walking infront of me this kid says, wow dad look at that car thats what i want when i can drive. my head swelled so big i was lucky to get out of the car.lol . ))

Good on you Mate!
Fred   :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

41husk

All that and nothing about your friend 41husk :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nvrbdn

sorry allen i kinda rushed the end. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

ok allen i fixed it. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

Now it is a great story Jim!!!! :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

autodynamics

Wow someone wrote a novel

Inked_Ghandi

That was a great story. I didn't want it to end.
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."

USAF AMMO

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Inked_Ghandi

If only my life had that much excitement. But then again I am only 22 almost 23 so I think I have a ways to go.

USAF AMMO

Fred

Yes you do..................I wish you well  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

nvrbdn

yep, you have tons of time in front of you. and you need to work on getting home to your family. as far as that part of my story,i dont wish that kind of stuff on anyone. i wanted to get married once forever.she had different life plans.hope yours turns out better.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Inked_Ghandi

Yeah that part of my life was growing up. And I don't talk to anyone about it. Not even my wife. And I agree with you. I do not wish that kind of thing on even my worst enemy. But everything is a learning experience and honestly I would not be the person I am today and its probably the same with you, if these certain events didn't happen to us.

USAF AMMO

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House