News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd Gen rear window louvers

Started by 71green go, January 14, 2012, 11:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71green go

Probably been brought up before....But does anyone reproduce the factory rear window louvers that were on the 71 Chargers?......made of fiberglass or injection molded plastic..
really would like an original set but so hard to find

road/track

Yes, here it is, from what I understand of the units sold through eBay also good quality, and I guess it should be with that price.

http://alhambracustomservice.bravehost.com/rear_window_louver.html
-1971 Charger SE U-code 4spd track pack, one of 29...
-1971 Charger R/T 440 6 pack auto
-1961 Chrysler 300G CV, one of 337
-2014 BMW 435i M-sport

Bob

Steve, you really don't want to drill holes do you? I do believe the factor louver  had clips that slid under the chrome trim.

Bob

71green go

Quote from: Bob on January 15, 2012, 07:13:51 AM
Steve, you really don't want to drill holes do you? I do believe the factor louver  had clips that slid under the chrome trim.

Bob

Bob.......If thats the way the factory Louvers mount then yes I would drill the hole.......However I would look for an alternative way.....I believe a small hole may be less damaging then adhesives in a way.....
I emailed the seller to get more information and photos...

Tilar

I bought one off of ebay a year ago for my 73. It's a plastic molded one. It looks really good but it's almost too thin. Came from Canada if I remember right.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

71green go

Quote from: Tilar on January 15, 2012, 11:54:10 AM
I bought one off of ebay a year ago for my 73. It's a plastic molded one. It looks really good but it's almost too thin. Came from Canada if I remember right.

Have any pics?.........do you remember name of seller?
Steve

tachyon

[img]No intend of highjacking but I'm doing back and side louvers for my 68
Back is of 71 German Ford Capri and side is 76 Mustang Cobra. They come very close. I'll do a mould and make fiberglass ones that fit correct.

Tilar

Quote from: 71green go on January 15, 2012, 12:29:29 PM
Quote from: Tilar on January 15, 2012, 11:54:10 AM

Have any pics?.........do you remember name of seller?
Steve

Found it. Had to go back through the history and it's been almost 2 years ago now lol. Anyway, Here is a link to a fairly recent sale and the seller is the guy I bought it from.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310154072876

Dave  

Tilar

Oh yeah, and where he has in the ad description : "THE LOUVERS ARE MADE TO ORDER SO EXPECT 2.5-3.5 WEEKS BEFORE SHIPPING DEPENDING ON SEASON".... I went back and checked, expect 5 weeks.
Dave  

71green go

Anyone have any pictures of the original type louvre?......I have the one at the top of thread...looking for better pics
Steve

wingcar

Limited Parts out of Canada was developing them a year or so ago.  You may want to do a search and then drop them a line.  I have a set of their metal louvers on my 08 Challenger, I really like them.  I believe they were working on a set for the 71 Charger but out of metal as well........
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

JohnnyBee

In 1971 you could order the "Mopar Hustle Stuff" from a Parts Catalog from Chrysler. Dealer installed. You could also order a hood mounted Tach.

Here is an original "Mopar Hustle Stuff" louvers

71green go

Quote from: wingcar on February 21, 2012, 02:50:55 PM
Limited Parts out of Canada was developing them a year or so ago.  You may want to do a search and then drop them a line.  I have a set of their metal louvers on my 08 Challenger, I really like them.  I believe they were working on a set for the 71 Charger but out of metal as well........

Any more company info?...I tried googling them and hit nothing
steve

71green go

[quote

[/quote]

Well I bit the bullet and bought the last set Of the reproduction louver set from Gregory  in Illinois, They cost me a small fortune but ever since I bought my R/T I have been wanting them.....They are like the ones in the above photo
I looked at an original set, but they seemed flimsy and needed work and cost double what the repro was.....
Everything I read about his work says they are Very good .....
cant wait!!

Nacho-RT74

I don't like how it looks at the lower point. GIANT gap there
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

71green go

thats the factory set in the pic.....but thats how they are  ;)

General_01

I think they look cool, but always wonder if I will really like them on the car. Kinda like the Super Bee hood. I had a bulge hood for years and liked it, but thought I liked the SB hood better and traded a guy. I now wish I still had my bulge hood. :shruggy:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

71green go

I think they more tie in with the louver theme of the R/T hood......the rear louvers will match
and will really set my car apart from another without them.....not that there is any in my area lol

General_01

I hope they are everything you are hoping for. I think they look cool, I am just leary of change after the hood incident. Guess I am not willing to trust myself. :icon_smile_big:
496 stroker
4-speed

71green go

General_01

496 stroker
4-speed

Bob

Good going Steve. I new you would pull the trigger.  Good thing is you can still function on one kidney.  :smilielol:

71green go

Quote from: Bob on January 06, 2013, 08:03:23 PM
Good going Steve. I new you would pull the trigger.  Good thing is you can still function on one kidney.  :smilielol:

thanks Bob!........Its pictures of your car that always had me wanting them.....
The guy that was reproducing them says he is not making any more sets ever.....so I thought I better getter done!

shipping to me is crazy expensive, but he is crating them for shipment so I guess its worth it  ::)

Daytona R/T SE

:P
Quote from: 71green go on January 06, 2013, 09:08:08 PM
Quote from: Bob on January 06, 2013, 08:03:23 PM

The guy that was reproducing them says he is not making any more sets ever.....so I thought I better getter done!

Gene always uses that line of B.S. on everyone.

"That's the last one"

"I'm not going to make any more...ever!"
::)

Wookie316

Here is the one off Ebay. I like it. It is pretty thin as others say. Nice addition to the 71's body lines in my opinion though

1971 Plum Crazy SupeBee. 400 bored and stroked to 511, 727 spinning a Dana 4.30