News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What in heck.. ( a rant)

Started by MoparManJim, January 14, 2012, 08:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Okay, Now I have to ask this, as I want to know what others think, or is it just me. 

I have a friend of mine that is mother, so far she had gotten the boy's head shaved afew days back :o ::) just going into winter time. An then yesterday, the kid gets bee stung an yet she has her parents take the kid to the hospital while she sets back. 

Now am I thinking correct or incorrect, but if you was the parent, would you have left your kid or would you have gotten your kid head shaved in the the beginning of winter? I shure as hell wouldn't have done that to my kid at all no matter how much they asked me.  She pose to be the parent an making good judgment calls for her child.

Then having her parents take her kid to the hospital when she should have been there for the child sense it's her's, no she has her parents take the kid in while she stays back. If it was me I would have been right there by my child an seeing over him instead of the grand parents. 

What would you would have done?  :shruggy:

nvrbdn

first of all jim, why are bees out in the winter? or mabey its warm where you live. anyway, im in agreement with you on the hospital thing. she should have gone to the hospital. but how old is the kid? i know that when kids want something they can be persistant. did the kid want his head shaved? if so he probably drove her nuts. if he didnt want it then shes a nut. :Twocents:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

MoparManJim

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 14, 2012, 09:06:55 PM
first of all jim, why are bees out in the winter? or mabey its warm where you live. anyway, im in agreement with you on the hospital thing. she should have gone to the hospital. but how old is the kid? i know that when kids want something they can be persistant. did the kid want his head shaved? if so he probably drove her nuts. if he didnt want it then shes a nut. :Twocents:

As I know from hearing from friends, the kid is I guess 15 years of age. I will say this, the mother shure as heck isn't too bright.

No it's not warm where I am at, where in winter now, just had a snow storm hit us the last few days also.

Kern Dog

I wonder if she can spell the word "sure".

MoparManJim

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on January 14, 2012, 09:17:47 PM
I wonder if she can spell the word "sure".

She once laughed at me, for my spelling, BUT when I had her start spelling words to me... she was worst then I was.

Cooter

Jim, Don't know "her", or her kid, but all I do know is today's "Parents" no matter how old/young seem to take a different approach to raising kids than generations before. What I mean is, back in my day (39 Y/O), I was told by my own mother at 15 Y/O if I came home with some young girl pregnant, my life was over. No more cars, money, time to myself, school, future, nothing...I didn't know and wasn't told about any "Government help", or such sh*t, and am glad I wasn't or I'd have been probably just another statistic in my own generations downfall. However, today this isn't the case. "Kids" today seem to think that if you get pregnant, no problem, let the state pay for everything while you still go out with friends and party just like nothings happened. Some seem to think that part of being a grandparent is watching little susy/junior while you continue to live like you don't have responsibilities.

This will get ALOT worse before it gets better...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Drache

As some parents have said to me "I'm not going to let this kid interfere with my life".

How about one parent who is my best friend not want to go to their child's daycare christmas party where they are supposed to bring a gift for their child to open with the other kids simply because they personally didn't believe in christmas and would rather stay home to play Xbox.

Now ok, if you don't believe in christmas that is one thing, but a child doesn't understand that....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

nvrbdn

sounds like a weak excuse for wanting to be lazy :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

larmstrong11

I m hoping your just joking in this thread ....right Jim/??/

472 R/T SE

First of all, it's none of my business how someone raises their child.

Secondly, it's easy to cast stones when you don't have children of your own.  Until you do, you wouldn't understand.

Maybe the kid wants his head shaved?
Maybe the Mom wasn't feeling good & wanted to stay home?

Don't worry about it, it's none of your business.

adauto

None of my business... but this "bee sting" in January...  :shruggy:  Sure the house isnt infested with wolf spiders or something. Which brings on child protection issues ect...............
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

MoparManJim

Quote from: larmstrong11 on January 14, 2012, 10:22:37 PM
I m hoping your just joking in this thread ....right Jim/??/

No, I'm not joking at all..

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Tilar

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 14, 2012, 10:38:19 PM
Maybe the Mom wasn't feeling good & wanted to stay home?

Bullshit, if I were in bed sick as a dog and my child needed to go to the hospital, I'm not waiting on someone else to come get him/her.

And to hear someone say "I'm not going to let this kid interfere with my life" is BS also.. That kid better be your life or give it to someone that wants kids.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

b5blue

Shaved head is sometimes the result of getting rid of head lice Jim. Buzz-job and a good scrubbing could be all she could afford. Her grand parents may have taken him to E.Rm. for the same reason, she's broke or is already in debit there. If your worried about his head getting cold buy him a cool skate boarders beanie to keep his head warm. Unless he has an infection or allergy from the sting/bite a trip to the E.Rm. seems excessive but better to be safe.
  If ya like this kid and are worried for him, just be his buddy. If he's got issues they will come out in time. Ask yourself does he look like he's eating enough and got clothes to wear? Is he keeping clean and not sickly? If not call the local Dept. Of Children's Welfare. (You can do it and they will NOT tell who did call.) I think your a good man to be concerned but as a single custodial parent of 3 kids I can tell ya there can be reasons for what you see that you can't figure out.

MoparManJim

Quote from: b5blue on January 15, 2012, 10:56:18 AM
  Shaved head is sometimes the result of getting rid of head lice Jim. Buzz-job and a good scrubbing could be all she could afford. Her grand parents may have taken him to E.Rm. for the same reason, she's broke or is already in debit there. If your worried about his head getting cold buy him a cool skate boarders beanie to keep his head warm. Unless he has an infection or allergy from the sting/bite a trip to the E.Rm. seems excessive but better to be safe.
  If ya like this kid and are worried for him, just be his buddy. If he's got issues they will come out in time. Ask yourself does he look like he's eating enough and got clothes to wear? Is he keeping clean and not sickly? If not call the local Dept. Of Children's Welfare. (You can do it and they will NOT tell who did call.) I think your a good man to be concerned but as a single custodial parent of 3 kids I can tell ya there can be reasons for what you see that you can't figure out.

Nope, she is not broke at all, she left her kid get his head shaved because he wanted an the other kids at school was getting or had there head's shaved like dummies in the start of the winter. She allowed him to get his head shaved instead of saying no to him like a good parent would have done. He got his head shaved last week when we had good weather an nice warm weather. She was being stupid an not even thinking about the snow that was coming up.. she was only thinking at the time being an how nice it was out... NOT how the weather was going to be later on. The next day the weather got cold out an the next day we got hit by the snow storm.

He does have a allergy to bees.. an food too. But when my close friend told me what happen the other night, an how the mother was a dumb ass an stayed at home an left his grandparents take him to the ER when she should have went along with him as she knew her own child more then the grandparents does. When my friend ask her why she didn't go her reply was this "There was not enough room in the car for me to go along, so mom an dad took him in" (when her dad could have stayed at home, an she could have went with her OWN child instead of her staying at home like a stupid dumb ass). When my close friend told me that it really down right piss me off alot. The kid, he does eat very good, he's not boney at all, he has skin on his bones an cloths on his back an is kept clean. The issue is not with him but rather his mother I would say.

Silver R/T

Some people shouldn't be parents imo, some people don't mature enough to be parents and usually make bad choices for their kids without realizing it.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Dodgecharger74

hay Jim is this your secret love child
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

mauve66

i skipped the 1st 2 weeks of the 5th grade when my mother shaved my head the day before school started

you need a license to drive but not to raise children
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

nvrbdn

and on the other hand, parents have to take a stand with rules for their children and not fold because they are tired of saying no. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

and on the other hand...........if the kids don't get their own way these days..............they just leave home!
and then everyone is up shit creek. not good for the child or the parent!  :Twocents:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

nvrbdn

true, a kid can just say they are mistreated and the government comes in and treats the parents like criminals. oh to go back to simpler times.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 15, 2012, 11:10:43 PM
true, a kid can just say they are mistreated and the government comes in and treats the parents like criminals. oh to go back to simpler times.

You said it Jim...........all these government handouts..............it's all to easy for kids to leave home these days. While the parents sit home worrying about their wellbeing. And the government doesn't care. They think they're helping the kids but in the end they're only helping them to run away from home and more than likely become bums that end up sleeping on park benches if they don't overdose first!! Very sad.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Darkman

Hair on your head is not that much protection aainst the cold. Besides, there are things called beanies to keep their heads toasty warm. There is nothing wrong with having your head shaved. Mine is and my 3 year old son has his head shaved from time to time (the old school military short back and sides and not much more on top). He likes it and asks for it, less hair cuts this way as he doesn't like the sound of scissors near his ears. This kid is 15 (nearly an adult) and I'm sure can make up his own mind if his head is going to be cold or not.

As for not going to the hospital, that I do not agree with! Nothing is more important to me than my kids and their health. I do not rush them to the hospital at the sign of a sneeze or a runny nose (too many antibiotics nowadays - noone can build up an immune system anymore), but more serious things do get the Doctor's attention. Because of this, my kids rarely get sick, and when they do they are really quite sick, by then they will go to a doctor.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Vainglory, Esq.

I enjoy pretending that MoparManJim looks and sounds just like Hugh Laurie in "Black Adder."

...carry on.