News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cruise ship accident,wow !!

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, January 14, 2012, 08:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobs66440

Tilar

Yeah I saw that, and I've been thinking real hard about going on a cruise somewhere... That kinda thing sure takes the wind out of your sails.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

nh_mopar_fan

Obviously an Italian Navy officer captaining that ship.  :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

I wouldn't cruise on Costa before this.

nvrbdn

yea, now the wife is saying "you said those things were safe and they sank". ill probably never get her to go now :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

mauve66

more money for the mistress now.......... mistress charger that is......................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

bull

I don't know much about ships so I'm wondering, can something like this be saved and rebuilt? Or is it considered junk/scrap now? It was launched in Sept. '05 and delivered in June of '06 so it's pretty new.

69 OUR/TEA

Would think its scrap as the salt water quickly eating away at electrical wiring,woodwork,etc.Probably alot of damage on the unseen side under water from the shear weight of it laying on its side.But,how the heck do you even get it upright again ???It can't be towed,it will only sink deeper.Dismatle it where she lies????Def want to follow what happens.

nvrbdn

they said their divers going through the ship searching were getting worried that the ship may slide into deeper water.suposedly unstable where its at.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ChgrSteve67

Did you see the reef sticking out the side of that sucker.

Musicman

Someone was asleep at the wheel... That kind of thing just isn't possible if everyone is doing their job.

I'm taking the wife on a cruise in February  :yesnod:

greenpigs

Looks expensive & that will not buff out.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Fred

I just heard on the news that apparently the captain bailed out (jumped ship) well befor all the passengers got off.
He was out to save his own skin, nevermind about overseeing that everyone else got off safely.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bull

If I recall, the damage to the hull is on the side that's out of the water and there's a giant rock stuck inside the gouge. :o

The last article I read said the captain was showboating (pun intended) for some passengers and people on shore. It said he was about 100-yards too close to shore when it ran aground.

terrible one

Quote from: bull on January 16, 2012, 01:21:49 AM
If I recall, the damage to the hull is on the side that's out of the water and there's a giant rock stuck inside the gouge. :o

The last article I read said the captain was showboating (pun intended) for some passengers and people on shore. It said he was about 100-yards too close to shore when it ran aground.

WOW! Great picture.

AKcharger

You'd think with the damaged portion out of the water they could weld a (massaive) scab patch over it and pump the water out. Cruises are pretty safe, though we were on the one that caught fire last nov off Mexico...that was diffrent, of course they told us it was a "flameless fire"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etBuCrEYZmk&feature=g-upl&context=G25ae34eAUAAAAAAAFAA

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

chargermike

leaving for a cruise in two weeks. this dont scare me at all. best vacation you can go on.  been on many and just love it.  dont know how this could happen. they have GPS. and spotters. rip those who didnot make it.

Musicman

Quote from: chargermike on January 16, 2012, 07:04:45 AM
leaving for a cruise in two weeks. this dont scare me at all. best vacation you can go on.  been on many and just love it.

You bet!  :cheers:

Quote from: chargermike on January 16, 2012, 07:04:45 AM
dont know how this could happen. they have GPS. and spotters.

... and much, much more... Like I said, if everyone is doing their job, this kind of thing can't happen. Of course if no one is minding the store, or someone is showing off, which appears to be the case here, well that's when things can get out of control very quickly.

ChgrSteve67

Wife and I are planning a cruise probably around August. Something was very wrong with the navigation crew of that ship. With GPS and computer navigation systems these things just don't happen. I guess we will find out more as it unfolds.

Here is a interesting video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSEkfYLHNUs&feature=player_embedded

TruckDriver

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on January 16, 2012, 10:15:46 AM
Wife and I are planning a cruise probably around August. Something was very wrong with the navigation crew of that ship. With GPS and computer navigation systems these things just don't happen. I guess we will find out more as it unfolds.

Here is a interesting video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSEkfYLHNUs&feature=player_embedded

I dont know if it's just me, but the video will not play for me, or the other ones that are linked on that page :/
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Dino

Was this one of those 'hold my beer, I'm gonna try sumthin' incidents?

Very sad for those lost and their loved ones.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.