News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger Totalled in Amarillo 1/20/2012

Started by TexasStroker, January 21, 2012, 04:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

It looks like the quarter panel was ripped off at the seam in the sail panel.  I wonder if the car had new quarters put on it during restoration.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TexasStroker

The news reporting around here has alway been mediocre...I have my theories on what "medical emergency" means to the reporters here, but I figure you probably don't suffer a heart attack or stroke, shoot off at a hight rate of speed, make a hit like that around 5 PM, and by the time the 6 PM news is on you are magically in stable condition.  Someone yesterday was suggesting a seizure, but they have yet to really provide more details or an exact cause.  A fellow Charger owner and cop for the APD posted on our forum that he saw the pics and the front clip looks to be in decent shape. 

I heard on the 10 PM news tonight that he was still in critical condition.  The news cast had a good walkaround of the car, similar to the shot 1carcrazyguy posted up later on...It is a shame to see what became of the car and those of us in AAM are just hoping he will be alright.  I'm still betting he was driving it to help keep it charged up for the Make-A-Wish show (first weekend of March).

If we ever get someone in to talk to him I will make a point to let him know that everyone at DodgeCharger.com is pulling for him to recover and get back on the road...things like that mean a lot to people  :2thumbs:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Fred

Quote from: projectanimal on January 21, 2012, 06:29:58 PM
Speechless......Horrible story with such a freak accident. :'(   Thoughts and Prayers will be sent his way. 

My words exactly. How shocking!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.