News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to meet up with fellow enthusiasts in Orange County, CA and area!

Started by mopar_nut_440_6, December 01, 2011, 11:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_nut_440_6

Hey there,

I am moving to Orange County at the start of January for work from a small town in northern British Columbia. I know nobody there and am looking to make some new friends and get to know the area. It would be nice to have people to get together with and help me adjust to the big city as well as perhaps show me the sites and culture.

Unfortunately, I have had to put my car into a trailer but was fortunate enough to get it into paint first. I may be looking at trying to find a shop to rent and move the car down next summer but that will depend on what happens with work, finances and if I can find a suitable shop.

If you think you have room in your circle of friends for another send me a message or post here as it would be nice to meet some like minded people.

Cheers,

James
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

mrsskip68

Welcome! We are in S. Nevada, {originally from cali.}  but there are plenty of members in your new territory! Enjoy Cali, its a blast!  :cheers:

Mrs.Skip68

Ponch ®

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on December 01, 2011, 11:35:34 PM
Hey there,

I am moving to Orange County at the start of January for work from a small town in northern British Columbia. I know nobody there and am looking to make some new friends and get to know the area. It would be nice to have people to get together with and help me adjust to the big city as well as perhaps show me the sites and culture.

Unfortunately, I have had to put my car into a trailer but was fortunate enough to get it into paint first. I may be looking at trying to find a shop to rent and move the car down next summer but that will depend on what happens with work, finances and if I can find a suitable shop.

If you think you have room in your circle of friends for another send me a message or post here as it would be nice to meet some like minded people.

Cheers,

James

hey James,

Hit me up when you get to SoCal. There's a pretty decent MOPAR community in the area (and the overall "car culture" goes without saying). There's always shows to go to, people to meet, etc. I'll try to point you in the right direction.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

If you decide to meet up with Ponch, don't bring bring valuables, beer, a nice car, or circus midgets dressed in lavender.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on December 02, 2011, 01:57:40 PM
If you decide to meet up with Ponch, don't bring bring valuables, beer, a nice car, or circus midgets dressed in lavender.

everyone knows i love midgets!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

jb666

And, if you plan to meet up with Skip... Don't drop the soap  :cheers:

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: jb666 on December 02, 2011, 03:24:31 PM

And, if you plan to meet up with Skip... Don't drop the soap  :cheers:

:slap:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Budnicks

Welcome to California, I'm quite a bit North of were your going, but born & raised in Cali., You'll  love it here, well 95% of the time anyway...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: Budnicks on December 02, 2011, 04:08:50 PM
Welcome to California, I'm quite a bit North of were your going, but born & raised in Cali., You'll  love it here, well 95% of the time anyway...

2 feet of snow on the ground and minus 20 where I am now. Will all be good!

Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting down there and a new beginning. AGAIN ! LOL
1968 Charger R/T 440 

Rolling_Thunder

I live in Torrance, CA - about 20 mins from Orange county -  We have a couple car clubs around - shoot me a PM when you get into town - my Charger should be on the road by then.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mopar_nut_440_6

Well I made it to sunny California.

What a treat! I am not missing the sub zero temperatures and the snow one bit!!
1968 Charger R/T 440 

Budnicks

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on January 06, 2012, 04:36:48 PM
Well I made it to sunny California.

What a treat! I am not missing the sub zero temperatures and the snow one bit!!
Good to see you got here safe... Welcome to the Dark Side...LOL... The weather here is great it's the politics that suck...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

draftingmonkey

James,

Where are you at in OC?  Sorry for the late post but only returned to the OC about a week ago from an extended holiday trip through the Pacific Northwest to see family.
Trying to get caught up on the post reads.