News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2013 dodge dart (i mean dodge egg)

Started by mauve66, January 13, 2012, 08:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

TheGhost

Sounds good to me.  Doesn't look any worse than the other compacts out there, in many cases looks better.  Wish they would say the gas mileage.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

nvrbdn

i dont think its too bad. these new cars all look so close. the cross hairs stayed. a little different, but still there.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

xpbprox

First glance I was like looks like sh** but now that I look at it, I kinda agree with Theghost and nvrbdn

bull

If they're going to get into the $hi+box derby game they need to jump in head first and make a couple of versions that do it right. Make at least one example that's an AWD 450-hp drifting EVO/WRX-killer with a top speed of about 190 mph that gets about 35 mpg when you're not abusing it. Most likely though they'll just pussy-foot around with pleasing 14% of the soccer mom crowd and then cry when it doesn't sell well.

bull

Nice. Off to a real good start when the video about the car doesn't even work...

GordonGriggs

I really wish they would make a low cost 2 door. I refuse to drive a 4 door. I have owned nothing Dodge's for over 20 years, but in 2009 when I needed a new vehicle for everyday driving I bought a 2009 Chevey Cobalt for $13,500. I would have gladly bought a dodge if there would have been a 2 door in that price range.

ChgrSteve67

After Dodge killed the PT Cruiser and Caliber they don't have a compact car anymore.
The 200 and Avenger doesn't exactly appeal to the younger crowd.

I think it will be a good car for them if its reliable.

Now bring on the SRT version.

404NOTFOUND

I absolutely hate it. While I'm glad to see the Dart name return, this abortion is even worse than the current so called "Charger". An Italian designed, common blob with two doors too many and wrong wheel drive. What an insult to current real Dart owners. Good luck using search engines to find Dart sites from now on.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

68X426

I'll look at it when a Hemi is available.  :yesnod:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

TheGhost

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on January 14, 2012, 12:33:12 AM
I absolutely hate it. While I'm glad to see the Dart name return, this abortion is even worse than the current so called "Charger". An Italian designed, common blob with two doors too many and wrong wheel drive. What an insult to current real Dart owners. Good luck using search engines to find Dart sites from now on.

Seriously?  My first car was a plain jane, 4 door dart with a slant six.  Most darts were like that.  An affordable, compact (for the time), econobox.  This new dart represents the old ones alot better than you give it credit for.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

dads_69

Gees, America is so blind nowadays, its an upgraded Neon and nobody else see's it? It's a born loser soon to be pile of crap within 3 to 5 years just like the Magnum wagon.
It is so sad what we have fallen into for transportation nowadays, like suckers almost for anything that gets good gas miles per gallon vs real cars, thus being the gov takes control of, 4 door charger, what a joke and peep's bought it! end of rant..idiots....
New car smell great gas mileage and shinny new paint, people would buy Hyundai's all day long if it had R/T badging on it.
New Dodge Dart, I don't think so......
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

kokxville

The first thing that came up to me is: WTF........a Prius???:shruggy:.But that was just my first reaction. :rofl:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

404NOTFOUND

[quote ]
Seriously?  My first car was a plain jane, 4 door dart with a slant six. [/quote]

I didn't like them either. :icon_smile_wink:

1970Moparmann

Yes, they need to bring a compact car back - fine.    "Dart" - seriously....??  What about Aries or Colt?  Both of these aren't tied the muscle car era.  

I absolutely don't this idea....

In this article......

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2012/01/12/dodge-dart-endearing-but-why/?mod=google_news_blog

.....it says that ""The Dart is a nice name to bring back. The negative reactions in our surveys account for less than 5%," Spinella says."  who were they interviewing???  I call BS on this study.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

TheGhost

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on January 14, 2012, 09:00:49 AM
Seriously?  My first car was a plain jane, 4 door dart with a slant six. 

Ah.  You're one of those guys... :rotz:

"It's not a real dart unless it has 2 doors and a performance engine, even though the original dart was not intended to be a performance car, and the performance models only make up about 10% of all darts made!"

That attitude is an insult to all real Mopar lovers everywhere.

71charger

My first glance I thought it was a Mitsubishi. damn fiat is destroying the good name of dodge ( except the chally).
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

71charger_fan

I like it and am already thinking about picking up a '14 model some day. I'll give them some time to see if there's an SRT-4 model. If not, probably an R/T. My '04 Neon R/T will be 10 years old by then. Dart is just a name. In the late '60s and in the '70s, I saw very few performance-oriented Darts. Most were 4-door, slant-6 or 318, granny mobiles.

chargerboy69

Quote from: TheGhost on January 14, 2012, 01:29:01 PM
Seriously?  My first car was a plain jane, 4 door dart with a slant six. 

Ah.  You're one of those guys... :rotz:

"It's not a real dart unless it has 2 doors and a performance engine, even though the original dart was not intended to be a performance car, and the performance models only make up about 10% of all darts made!"

I don't like them either, never have.  The four door Swingers were among the ugliest cars Dodge made. Just because it has a Mopar decal on it somewhere does not mean it is a great car and we should all bow to those responsible for giving us such a wonderful car.  Chrysler has had so many turds in their stable I do not even know where to begin.  This new car is just another example of such a turd.

Yea these Darts were bitchin.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

b5blue

Guys it's a re-skinned Alfa-Romeo, look up what it could get from this line of cars. They have some good stuff and a very long line of racing heritage just as Fiat does. Is it Muscle Car? No! If it was you'd not afford insurance just like the Neon's rating is now. (I know, I was going to buy a Neon R/T last year till I called to check on insurance!)
  Granted I was hoping it would look like a mini Challenger sort of but what do I know?  :lol:   

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TheGhost

Quote from: chargerboy69 on January 15, 2012, 10:51:47 AM
Quote from: TheGhost on January 14, 2012, 01:29:01 PM
Seriously?  My first car was a plain jane, 4 door dart with a slant six.

Ah.  You're one of those guys... :rotz:

I don't like them either, never have.  The four door Swingers were among the ugliest cars Dodge made. Just because it has a Mopar decal on it somewhere does not mean it is a great car and we should all bow to those responsible for giving us such a wonderful car.  Chrysler has had so many turds in their stable I do not even know where to begin.  This new car is just another example of such a turd.

Yea these Darts were bitchin.

They may have been ugly, but I still fail to see how the new dart is an "abomination" and an "insult" to that bitchin brown car there.  If anything, you've helped prove my point.

Also, I'd drive that brown car with pride.

404NOTFOUND

Perhaps I should have been more clear with my opinion. No I'm not into four door slant six Darts but if I saw a nicely restored 67-69 at a show, I would stop to admire. I certainly have great respect for the incredibly durable Slant Six engine and I would love to own one of those super rare Slant Six '69 Chargers. That said, I agree that the brown Dart above is a turd although not as bad as that wannabe Dart they're about to come out with.

chargerjy9

tryin' to start something ?

get a life,,  grow up
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

64dartgt

Over 180 hp from a 4 banger...and those are net ratings?  My 64 Dart was 180hp at the crank.

Like it or not...to make Chally's they have to sell grocery getters.

Be happy that the doors are still open.  Just saying.   :Twocents:

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: chargerjy9 on January 16, 2012, 07:49:19 AM

tryin' to start something ?

get a life,,  grow up

What the hell are you talking about? I'm offering my opinion about a car on a car forum. If you don't like it, tough! That's how forums work. Did you think they were just for trading personal insults? If so, perhaps you're the one who needs to grow up and get a life and maybe unsubscribe while your at it. Reply any way you like because I refuse to be drawn into a childish game.

chargerjy9

Man, I was just trying to stir the pot. I guess it worked. However, I do get a little disturbed by the dissing of Ma Mopar, by the "purists " of which BTW, I am one. I lived with, owned and worked on those Chargers and Darts, etc of the PAST. I bleed Mopar blue, having put 35 years of my life working there. I think Mopar is doing a great job, today. Hell, my pension depends on it. I got no problem with the name Charger or Dart on TODAYS models. the other stuff is history. By the way, I have a 3rd gen Charger and a brand new R/T  in my garage today, and am proud of them both, the heritage of the name and the modern interpretation, make me smile everyday. Oh and BTW my 4 door Charger will blow the 2 doors off most of the heritage Chargers. (just trying to stir the pot) he he he.....I wish that we Purists would not be so sensitive,cut the new stuff a little slack, and enjoy our old cars for what they WERE and embrace the new for what they ARE.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

404NOTFOUND

Stirring the pot? OK then. As long as you're happy, I'm am too. I don't dislike the four door Charger too much. I once owned one myself and in 2009, I special ordered a new Hemi Orange Challenger. I just wish the new Dart was more Dart like.

TheGhost

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on January 17, 2012, 08:35:01 AM
Stirring the pot? OK then. As long as you're happy, I'm am too. I don't dislike the four door Charger too much. I once owned one myself and in 2009, I special ordered a new Hemi Orange Challenger. I just wish the new Dart was more Dart like.

How is it not dart like, other than being fwd?

nh_mopar_fan

Sorry, it does nothing for me.

But at s starting price of under 16K, they should sell a boatload.

Here's the unveiling vid:

http://www.dodge.com/en/2013/dart/?sid=dodge&pid=DodgeFacebook&adid=dartsite&channel=Social

mopar0166

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: TheGhost on January 17, 2012, 01:46:48 PM
Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on January 17, 2012, 08:35:01 AM

How is it not dart like, other than being fwd?

I think I already explained it about 21 posts back.

Ponch ®

Quote from: chargerjy9 on January 17, 2012, 07:05:37 AM
Man, I was just trying to stir the pot. I guess it worked. However, I do get a little disturbed by the dissing of Ma Mopar, by the "purists " of which BTW, I am one. I lived with, owned and worked on those Chargers and Darts, etc of the PAST. I bleed Mopar blue, having put 35 years of my life working there. I think Mopar is doing a great job, today. Hell, my pension depends on it. I got no problem with the name Charger or Dart on TODAYS models. the other stuff is history. By the way, I have a 3rd gen Charger and a brand new R/T  in my garage today, and am proud of them both, the heritage of the name and the modern interpretation, make me smile everyday. Oh and BTW my 4 door Charger will blow the 2 doors off most of the heritage Chargers. (just trying to stir the pot) he he he.....I wish that we Purists would not be so sensitive,cut the new stuff a little slack, and enjoy our old cars for what they WERE and embrace the new for what they ARE.

Oh, but dont you know? according to the purists our 3rd Gen Chargers arent real muscle cars either  ::)

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West