News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar intake question

Started by Charger4404spd, January 13, 2012, 07:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger4404spd

Well I was all set to get a Mopar Performance Dual Plane P5153525 intake, but after doing a little research Im thinking the hood may not shut. :brickwall:
With the stock intake and air cleaner it was leaving a nice little impression in the hood insulation. Anyone run this intake with a stock hood?

Charger4404spd

Cooter

Don't know bout that intake, but I'm running the old skool Torker intake with holley 750 DP and 3" air cleaner and clears just fine.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

A383Wing

I'm running old Weiand 8008 on mine with stock air cleaner..no issues here either

Bryan

FLG

If it dosnt clear with a stock air cleaner, chances are a drop base air cleaner usually is enough to fit things...also if you go drop base get a filtered top as the metal top will generally put the cleaner to close to the carb and youll loose cfm on the top end.

ChargerST

That is essentially an Edelbrock Performer RPM - the MP intake manifold is cast by them too. You will probably need a drop base air cleaner if you wanna run the stock flat hood.

ED69

I was running a RPM intake with a drop base and a 2 " aircleaner and it barely cleared my hood and when I checked were the choke horn was to the air cleaner top it was less then a 1/4" of clearance,so i went back to my old Torker intake with a 3" air cleaner, street performace is about the same?

firefighter3931

You will need a 1.25in drop base air cleaner assembly to clear the stock hood with that manifold and you won't be able to use the insulation pad.  :yesnod:

If your carb has an airhorn you should use a filter top air cleaner as well.....K&N sells a nice unit that works great  :2thumbs:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KNN-66-3040/

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs