News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Makes a man want to tear up

Started by Drache, January 12, 2012, 09:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

So my cousin's son is just having his 15th birthday today. Now, in the province he lives in he could technically start driving at the age of 14. So the whole family has been wondering when he'll take his first step to getting his license and what kind of car he would like. Now his mom's (my cousin) answer was "Calum really likes slow old minivans or small pickups, 60km/hr max!"

And Calum's answer:

"mom... Just... No... 1969 black dodge charger"

I think I actually had a tear come to my eye!

P.S. His dad is a die hard old school mustang lover  :D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

Cooter

Lemme see, a 16 Y/O kid with a '69 Charger....Hmmmm, Seems like I've been there and seen that...OH that's right, my brother wrecked an all original, numbers matching, B5 Blue/white tail stripe 440/727/8 3/4 Sure grip/3.23 car.....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Bobs69

mrsskip68

"Everybody has to come up in the ranks of having beater cars, (Me: Ford EXP  :-\, Plymouth Horizon  :eek2: , And my favorite at that time period was my 89' Acura Integra RS.  :icon_smile_big: )  before you get something good! (Just like MEN,!) ...............................................ahhh crap..........i forgot my own rule, dammit!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:"

ps.... we are about to deal with this with our son. ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN BY A TANK?  :nana: :smilielol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol:

Fred

Quote from: Drache on January 12, 2012, 09:48:43 PM
So my cousin's son is just having his 15th birthday today. Now, in the province he lives in he could technically start driving at the age of 14. So the whole family has been wondering when he'll take his first step to getting his license and what kind of car he would like. Now his mom's (my cousin) answer was "Calum really likes slow old minivans or small pickups, 60km/hr max!"

And Calum's answer:

"mom... Just... No... 1969 black dodge charger"

I think I actually had a tear come to my eye!

P.S. His dad is a die hard old school mustang lover  :D

How sweet............
But only if he drives it carefully which first car owners very rarely do. Maybe he should make that his second car. The first one's bound to get crashed.  :Twocents:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: mrsskip68 on January 13, 2012, 01:23:42 AM
ps.... we are about to deal with this with our son. ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN BY A TANK?  :nana: :smilielol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol:

A Tank? heaven help the neighbourhood!!! :D

mrsskip68

Quote from: Fred on January 13, 2012, 01:51:02 AM

TANK = VOLVO WAGON!!!!!!!!!  :smilielol:  :2thumbs:  :smilielol: every kid has to be embarrased at least once! (But safe at the same time!)  :D  And remember, we live in the Desert on a ranchette, kinda same as country rules..........lots of land to learn to drive!  :2thumbs:

Fred

Quote from: mrsskip68 on January 13, 2012, 02:30:19 AM
Quote from: Fred on January 13, 2012, 01:51:02 AM

TANK = VOLVO WAGON!!!!!!!!!  :smilielol:  :2thumbs:  :smilielol: every kid has to be embarrased at least once! (But safe at the same time!)  :D  And remember, we live in the Desert on a ranchette, kinda same as country rules..........lots of land to learn to drive!  :2thumbs:

Oh I thought you meant a Sherman!

Drache

Quote from: Fred on January 13, 2012, 01:48:42 AM

How sweet............
But only if he drives it carefully which first car owners very rarely do. Maybe he should make that his second car. The first one's bound to get crashed.  :Twocents:

He won't be getting a Charger for his car I know that and he wasn't asking for one as his first car. He was saying that is what he wants to drive.

And as for driving it recklessly, no one here knows Calum :D

This kid is super careful and precise with everything he does and I have yet to see or hear of him doing anything stupid or wreckless. I would trust him to take my Dart out. Now his brother Riley on the other hand....

I mean Calum is the kind of kid who stops playing soccer (which he is REALLY good at) so he could teach himself to play piano and 6 months later he's playing Mozart!  :o
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

1970Moparmann

This commercial must have got to him! :2thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RyPamyWotM

All I can say is AMEN.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Fred

Quote from: Drache on January 13, 2012, 09:26:36 AM
Quote from: Fred on January 13, 2012, 01:48:42 AM

How sweet............
But only if he drives it carefully which first car owners very rarely do. Maybe he should make that his second car. The first one's bound to get crashed.  :Twocents:

He won't be getting a Charger for his car I know that and he wasn't asking for one as his first car. He was saying that is what he wants to drive.

And as for driving it recklessly, no one here knows Calum :D

This kid is super careful and precise with everything he does and I have yet to see or hear of him doing anything stupid or wreckless. I would trust him to take my Dart out. Now his brother Riley on the other hand....

I mean Calum is the kind of kid who stops playing soccer (which he is REALLY good at) so he could teach himself to play piano and 6 months later he's playing Mozart!  :o

Sounds like a kid you can all be proud of. :2thumbs:

Fred

Budnicks

Sounds like a 15 year old kid, with a good head on his shoulders... Tell him start saving now, maybe by his 21st B-Day he can have a nice gen 2 68-70 Charger... If he was my young relative, I would say "great kid I will help you, all that I can"....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

bill440rt

Good for you, Drache!  :cheers:
Calum sounds like a great kid. Not all kids are bad these days.

At age 9 I knew I wanted a Charger as my first car. Had to have one. I started working once I hit legal working age. At 16, I got my '68. My dad & I fixed it up over that year while I learned to drive in my mom's Horizon and also drove the Charger as well whenever I could (had to have an adult in the car, though).
Once the Charger was done, I picked up a '71 RR 440/727 which was my driver that I drove throughout high school & tech school. No accidents, and no tickets. Although, my dad used it once to accidentally take out the quarter panel on my mom's Horizon while backing out of the driveway. Oops!  :smilielol:

Hope Calum gets his wish, sounds like he's a well-deserving kid!  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Drache

Well I have told him when he truly wants to learn about Chargers this is the place to be. We'll see if he shows up or not. I'm really proud of the kid! Im proud of his brother too since he's more like me, bat shit crazy at times.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

oldcarnut

I bought my first car a 71 Charger 500 at 16.  Was really wanting a 2nd gen as the DMCL movie been out a couple years and I looked for a yellow one but no luck.  My dad found the 71 at a car lot.  Had a 318 and looking back it was probably a good thing it wasn't bigger.  I was a fairly responsible kid driver but temptations to push limits come up.   Nice to hear some of the younger folks still have the interest in our cars and a chance to share it with them :2thumbs:.