News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Improper torque shaft?

Started by charger_lady, August 03, 2011, 01:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_lady

Ok so I posted this problem a couple years ago and completely forgot that I posted here.......

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,56399.msg633740.html#msg633740

We are still not getting manual low. All bushings have been checked and replaced where needed and still nothing.
Today we had the Charger at a tranny shop and a buddy brought his Charger in to compare all the linkage...it was the same except for the shaft (with the bracket welded to it) that goes through the floor from the console linkage to the tranny linkage. The welded bracket on ours is pointing the wrong way compared to buddies that is working correctly. My service manual lists the shaft as "torque shaft assembly"

Is it possible the guys that restored the Charger installed the wrong shaft and if so does anyone have a spare kicking around.....we can't afford rebuilding the tranny every couple yrs!!!!

Thanks to all in advance

John_Kunkel I am so sorry I never replied back after you last posted to me a couple years ago. I hope you don't mind but I am posting the pic you sent me so everyone knows what part I'm talking about. 

charger_lady

FINALLY FIXED...WE HAVE MANUAL LOW...I WAS RIGHT!!! The torque shaft that goes through the floor from the console to the tranny linkage was the wrong one! We have had this problem since the resto back in 2005 and I had so many tranny shops that said it couldn't be the problem...it was the wrong linkage...HA! Guess that's why they call me charger_lady....I know my Charger!!  Thanks again to John_Kunkel....at least my bushings are all good now...lol

Chryco Psycho

makes sense  to me , glad you got it fixed !!

404NOTFOUND

Charger_Lady. I saw your name here before but it didn't click that I knew who you were. Here is a pic of my car so that you will realize who I am also. Great to see you here and glad the car is fixed.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

charger_lady

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on January 13, 2012, 09:19:05 PM
Charger_Lady. I saw your name here before but it didn't click that I knew who you were. Here is a pic of my car so that you will realize who I am also. Great to see you here and glad the car is fixed.

LOL...I recognize that car!! and the cat in your pic!
I've been charger_lady for quite a while...almost 26yrs!
and a dodgecharger.com member for almost 6yrs :)
It took me forever to figure this out...well I actually figured it out a couple years ago when I compared ours beside the green one you met at Tim Hortons. But try to tell the tranny guys from shops all over this city and they all would say "NO WAY" it's all in your linkage...pfft...shows what they knew!! I ordered a used one from Moparts North before Marty & I went camping in her...10 min job and we have manual low!!  Yee haw...lol
Things to do for the new season: rear main seal, tranny leak (under warranty)...just to start.
We took the Charger out for the 1st time this year...last Sat when it was warm and sunny! That's the earliest ever.
Last time in 2010 was Dec. 22...think you might have had yours out that day too ;)
Hope you both had a great xmas and New Year... look forward to seeing you and the wife when the nice weather comes :)
Take care...

charger_lady ;)

charger_lady

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 13, 2012, 04:48:53 PM
makes sense  to me , glad you got it fixed !!

THX...just wish it had made sense to all the tranny shops a couple years ago!!
Even the shop that did the tranny this year looked at me like I was from Mars when I said it was the torque shaft! I had to have another local '69 Charger SE owner drive his to the shop so I could show what was wrong. As soon as the guy compared them both together he says "your right...it's the torque shaft" DUH..... LMAO!!!!!