News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Roller rocker opinions please

Started by Charger4404spd, January 07, 2012, 06:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger4404spd

Looking at upgrading to roller rockers and with all the choices I just dont know which way to go. Comp Cams, Harlands, Crane ? Dont want to go over $600-$700.
The cam I installed is a Comp XE284H.

Keep in mind I intend on installing a set of Eddy RPM heads later on.

Budnicks

Only $600 or less, That leave Harlan Sharpe's & Jessel's out... T&D, Indy, Crane, Hughes, Isky, Comp Cams, PRW, Proform, most of them come with shafts also.. then another $120-$150 for the proper length & style of push-rods form Smith Brothers, then your easily at or past the $600 level, then another $100+ for hold downs & spacers/shims it keeps adding up...   Try Mancini Racing
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Chryco Psycho

BSB67

What do you have now?  If you already have adjustable ductile iron rocker arms, don't waste your $ on a roller or roller tip set.  Like already said, watch your all-in cost.  If you can find some used ductile iron rockers, you could reduce your cost and have a bullet proof set capable of handling any FT cam.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Charger4404spd

Have factory rockers as of now. CP, do you have a link to the ones you are referring too?

Charger4404spd

I found those CP.... they look good and the price is right :2thumbs: Any known problems with these?

Budnicks

Quote from: Charger4404spd on January 08, 2012, 07:55:49 AM
Have factory rockers as of now. CP, do you have a link to the ones you are referring too?

I have a barely used set of 1.6:1 Crane ductile iron adjustable rockers on some stock shafts... I switched to full roller & aluminum heads, only have maybe at the most a 100 street miles on the rockers... PM me
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Chryco Psycho

I have used the PRW rockers in 5-6 street stroker applications with no issues , they may not with stand high spring pressure used with high lift roller or High RPM engines but for 6000 RPM typical street use they are great

Charger4404spd

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 08, 2012, 05:48:52 PM
I have used the PRW rockers in 5-6 street stroker applications with no issues , they may not with stand high spring pressure used with high lift roller or High RPM engines but for 6000 RPM typical street use they are great

Thanks CP :2thumbs: