News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

402 pick up tube???

Started by greasyspider, January 12, 2012, 07:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greasyspider

Where does one get one of these?  My old pan had the baffle cut.  I want to do it right.    :shruggy:
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

greasyspider

'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

greasyspider

I should specify that I need the correct pick up tube for a 402 oil pan...
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

firefighter3931

Mancini Racing carries stock pickups : http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/mopper32.html

There are 2 models avialable ; one for B engines and another for RB engines so i'd suggest calling them and ask for Wes.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

greasyspider

The 4529565 is the one I got but it won't fit.  It acts as though it needs a serious bend to curve around the baffles.   :shruggy:
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

maxwellwedge

The 402 is the small 4 quart pan last used on a 440 in 1969. I think the 383 still used it after that. They went to the 6 quart on the 440 and Hemi for 1970. This is the commonly available set-up now and has the increased capacity for peace of mind. I would go with that pan and the pick-up from Mancini and sell your 402 to the 69 guys.  :2thumbs:

greasyspider

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 15, 2012, 09:09:12 AM
The 402 is the small 4 quart pan last used on a 440 in 1969. I think the 383 still used it after that. They went to the 6 quart on the 440 and Hemi for 1970. This is the commonly available set-up now and has the increased capacity for peace of mind. I would go with that pan and the pick-up from Mancini and sell your 402 to the 69 guys.  :2thumbs:

Really?  My Local mopar parts guy sold me the 402.  :flame:
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

firefighter3931

I like the Hemi pan....it works excellent in a street car and ground clearance isn't compromised. I ran one on the old 440 with a HV pump & windage tray and allways had rock solid oil pressure (70 psi) at the track spinning 6200-6500 rpm  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

oldkimmer

.......I have a 402 pan on a 440HP out of a 78 police car, the pick up is squiggly shape, not the long straight tube.......pan is baffeled and it has a windage tray.....kim............
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brock Lee

I went through hell with this. Most all parts places will send you the wrong, straight pickup. But even the new "correct" part isn't easy. I finally found the correct tube at Summit. The problem is the bends are not 100%. It still hits the pan and wont allow it to seat. I went crazy and finally traced down a real, used part. It fit perfect, so I took these pics in case someone I new ever had to go through it. If I had to do it again, I would get the repop and tweak the bends to make it fit.

Brock Lee

More