News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Model Vehicles (Dail up users, beware!)

Started by MoparManJim, November 13, 2011, 03:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Hi you all, as some of you know I was posting stuff before. Well with the storms we had the last few months. I had to repair a house roof an model work room area as well due to the heavy storms we had gotten.

So please stay tune..

MoparManJim

Okay here is the first run of photos..  

The Triple Six Charger (JB666)

My plan is to get the interior an engine together an an finish an work on the shell at the same time.

MoparManJim

Well sense we got rain back again  ::) for afew days it looks like.. an one of my projects needs primered so I'm waiting to Thanksgiving or Friday (they say those two days pose to be nice out) I'm going to shot it then... with primer that is  :lol: 

Here is the Australian U.S. Mack 1/24 semi that had been in the works sense 2009 that I'm doing for a friend of mine that is like a brother to me. His uncle drove truck before he pasted away. Anyhow here is some photos of the semi (you semi truck drivers will love this build).

Just so you all know, my friend is the one that picked the kit out an got it.. not me. So far this kit has thrown more curve balls at me then any of the other projects I have. The cab is mostly now all glue an I don't mean glued together but rather glue. The plastic was that weak..

Now here is the dash an floor area photos. Hench the name of the project. This semi truck is a Australian kinda truck but yet a U.S. version though so thats why the trunk is "Australian U.S. Mack" for. Plus the model is not pose to be a 100% replica to the real one at all.

MoparManJim

MoparManJim

Here is an update on Australian U.S. Mack project..

Making of the pedals, that will really work. This here is the brake pedal.

Making the Gas pedal.

Started to stain the flooring.

A fast mock up to see how things looks  :lol: . An yes each one of the notches in the wood was haand done.  :lol:

MoparManJim

Here I varnished the floor, it was still wet yet.

Dried

Here is the pedals, well one, the brake predal. Being finish off almost.

Now you thought trying to catch a shade of orange just right was something  :lol: you should try catchinb the correct shade of this..  :shruggy: :lol:

Some mock ups

The other pedal, clutch.

Now the fun part, starting the wiring up to make things work.. like on a real vehicle..  :P :lol:

Yes, the brake pedal do really function an make the light work when the pedal is press down.

Another mock up.

Here is the dash. The dash will have gauges an things when finish.

An yes the ash tray does really open an close.

Now here I took an chopped the vent out an turnt it around an inside out  :lol:

The seats will get some re-ranging

MoparManJim

Update on another charger project too. Blue Stone

In primer now, with the primer drying for afew days to cure.. then color coat will be done.

MoparManJim

Here is a small update on the Australian U.S. Mack build

What your looking t is the making of the new rear leafs.

Here is the headlight bezel also, with the headlight glass future shined into place. Yes the model will also have working head lights too  :lol:

MoparManJim

Been working on afew projects the last few days well trying to work on them.. will post some updates soon as I can. 

MoparManJim

Okay, I'm working on afew projects. 

The interior lights that will light up the interior at a switch..

More photos coming later on..

MoparManJim

Sorry for keeping you all waiting, had afew things to do.

Anyways here is some more progress photos..

Looking down at the driver side door. You can see I'm also working on the door jam area as well.

MoparManJim

gtx6970

If I could make a suggestion.
having nearly 200 pictures in one post is WAY overkill.
why not just post a link such as in the other model post you have going

MoparManJim

Quote from: gtx6970 on December 27, 2011, 03:14:14 PM
If I could make a suggestion.
having nearly 200 pictures in one post is WAY overkill.
why not just post a link such as in the other model post you have going

I counted 210 photos  :lol: 

Please do make any suggestion, I'm always open to them. 

Why not just post a link? well some people are just to darn lazy to click on a link. So why not just post the photo on the forum instead.. that is what the forum is about, posting an sharing stuff an photos.

gtx6970

Quote from: MoparManJim on December 27, 2011, 03:35:03 PM

Why not just post a link? well some people are just to darn lazy to click on a link. So why not just post the photo on the forum instead.. that is what the forum is about, posting an sharing stuff an photos.

A- because everytime someone opens this thread they have to download EVERY photo And WILL slow down there PC if not lock it up.

B - if they don't click the link - then they don't want to see the picture

MoparManJim

Quote from: gtx6970 on December 27, 2011, 08:03:35 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on December 27, 2011, 03:35:03 PM

A- because everytime someone opens this thread they have to download EVERY photo And WILL slow down there PC if not lock it up.

B - if they don't click the link - then they don't want to see the picture

I will answer both your question's with one answer..

QuoteModel Vehicles (Dail up users, beware!)

You see, I put a warning to folks in the thread Title as well when I made the thread here.

MoparManJim