News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Legendary 1970 White Interiors

Started by oldcarnut, January 15, 2012, 11:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Looking to get a white bench seat and door panel interior for my 70 RR.  I think the color code may be the same for the Charger.  The 1" sample I got from Legendary is more of a cream or off white their #200 than white.  I asked in the aero section and no reply yet but since I got to order in the next couple days to get the discount I thought I'd check here.  Does somebody here have Legendary white interior and how does it come out looking?  When I look at pictures of other cars, it looks a much whiter shade of white. Is there more than one shade available from someone else?  Maybe because its mostly bucket seat interiors Ive seen and not bench is a difference but I thought they were the same. Any input or another source you used would be appreciated.

bill440rt

No replies?? Hmmm.... OK I'll take a gander.

I have white interiors from Legendary in both my '69 & '70 Chargers. It is essentially the same color for both years, an off white as opposed to a stark white. In '68 you could have a pearlescent white.
Once everything is together contrasted with a black carpet & other black interior trim, it looks much whiter.

Ask them for color swatches. I had to do that when they replaced the front covers for me in my '70 under warranty. They sent me several samples, which I had to match to my old covers. To make a long story short, whoever sewed them together marked the backsides of the patterns with black permanent marker, which bled thru over time. Legendary replaced them under warranty, even though the warranty period had expired. Stand up company.
If they send you the swatches, you can pick one. The ones I got were all not surprisingly very different.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

oldcarnut

Thanks for the reply  :cheers:.  I hadn't got any on either thread so I just went ahead this morning and ordered the off white color sample they sent me.  I still looked at the BJ auctions 70's 69's and they look whiter but after the conversation with the salesperson he said unless they ordered something different for their individual car, the off white sample is what it's supposed to be.  So $1600 later I have on the way the white bench seats and door panels with bright blue accent stripes, white armrests, a blk headliner, blk carpet, and a black package tray for the project car.  I hope it works out to be what I had in mind. Only thing left is to find a nice set of blue seat belts.  I know its not factory issue color combos but I thought it would look good and they were the only ones I found that would make them up that way for me.  Just didn't care for the blk / silver as there are so many with that.  I'll post an update when they come in 4-5 weeks from now.  Fingers crossed I didn't blow a wad of cash on an idea I should have left in my head  :slap:.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce