News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

mini starter and lakewood UPDATED

Started by Highbanked Hauler, January 10, 2012, 07:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

I got a generic mini starter  for the 440 and its mounted in the Lakewood bellhousing. Is it common to get the starter lined up on the flywheel? Its hitting to far in on the flywheel.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Budnicks

If I remember correctly it's been a long time, but the Lakewood Steel scatter shields require the starter for 11" flywheel the mini is based on the 10.5" flywheel, different engagement positions "I think", don't quote me though...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Highbanked Hauler

The first thing I am going to do is loosen the  starter bolts and see what it does. I am thinking of possibly taking a die grinder and elongating the holes but am looking for the easy way first.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Chryco Psycho

the lakewood should have a cup to bolt in to center the nose of the starter in either the position for the 143 or 130 tooth flywheel , there is also two sets of mounting holes to lineup the starter properly

Highbanked Hauler

I noticed there was space in the (cup) which might be enough so I will check it further tomorrow. thanks...
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Budnicks

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 10, 2012, 08:58:00 PM
the lakewood should have a cup to bolt in to center the nose of the starter in either the position for the 143 or 130 tooth flywheel , there is also two sets of mounting holes to lineup the starter properly
Thanks I don't have 1 around here, any longer & my memory is kind weak sometimes...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Highbanked Hauler

I took the starter out and drilled out the small hole in the starter and the matching one in the  blow shield put it in and (we have rotation). :D It only missed engaging by a 16th at the most.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser