News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the coolest thing you have found in your charger

Started by KillerBee1972, January 10, 2012, 07:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerBee1972

Which im sure we all have done this, taken apart the interior or any part of your charger apart and found something cool. i recently have taken out the interior of my 73 charger SE U code sunroof car, and found alot of tags, papers for the carpet etc stamped with dates from 73, and a bunch of vinyl roof pieces, a crysler cup! and a boston 8 track!  :punkrocka:

What have you guys found??
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

71charger

I found a really old maybe early 80's carls jr toy kinda neat i guess.
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

bobs66440

A petrified Dorito!  :smilielol: Now I use it as a gasket scraper!  :lol:

freddyd02

KillerBee1972

Really no one has found something neat other than garbage  :lol:

JT01

billschroeder5842

I found a dead mouse in a road runner I bought out of a storage garage, but I found the build sheet on my 69. I consider that a a big score!
Texas Proud!

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

KillerBee1972

Yes I found a build sheet but for a different 73 SE and that was the only build sheet I found which was very depressing

Bulldog69RT

I'm not making this up. I found a 1969 penny between the floorpan and the rockerpanel area. I saved it, not sure what Im going to do with it. Hood ornament? haha
'69 Charger R/T. Restoration in progress...

terrible one

Probably the coolest thing I found was what looks to be the "signature" of one of the assembly line workers on the back side of my drivers upper door pad :coolgleamA:

tracpack440

I found 2 of the build sheets under the back seat. One on the botton seat and the other on the top. And one of them is in perfect shape.
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

ChgrSteve67

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Daytona R/T SE

French tickler, brand new in the package.

Roaches (marijuana cigarette butts for you youngin's) in the backseat armrest ashtray of my '70.

A flattened assembly line paper cup under the carpet of my '68.

A deceased raccoon (I think) carcass on the floor of a '71 I once bought.

Numerous dead rats and mice in several cars over the years.

And the beat goes on...

tubedriver

A few coins from 69 and 70, and weathered Lego men.....and my build sheet;-)

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

BigBlackDodge

Tiny plastic bags and some rusty razor blades.................. :o

BBD

BrianShaughnessy

I just found a condition report from the assembly line tucked up under the headliner of Sinnamon when I pulled it out.    I means to scan it and post it the other day...  maybe I'll get to scanning it later after I get home. 

And a dead mouse. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

djcarguy

18 INCH CRESENT WRENCH UNDER BACK SEAT,,MADE LOTS OF NOISE UNDER THERE...   USED CONDOMS,DRUG BAGGES,RAZOR BLADES IN HEADLINER TRIM AND DEAD CRITTERS,,THINK ONE WAS A CAT???

Gum wrappers, coins, chips, old receipts, the usual stuff... So the coolest thing I've found so far was the gas in the tank  :drive:

ITSA426

We found a three foot long molted snake skin behind the dash as we were taking apart my nephew's 66 Charger.  The car came out an area where a lot of copperheads live.  I found a couple small scorpions in my mauve car when it came up from Texas. 

Now I just let the cars sit outside for a winter before I reach into places I can't see.  Not many critters can live in a car over a typical Minnesota winter.

twodko

The second broadcast sheet in pristine condition in the back seat springs.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Plum Crazy 68

The original manuals in the console and a chain stearing wheel like on Cheech and Chong's van. :coolgleamA:

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

tan top

Quote from: twodko on January 11, 2012, 11:58:13 AM
The second broadcast sheet in pristine condition in the back seat springs.

:dance:  :yesnod:
me too , well not the second one  , but found  my chargers Broadcast sheet  :yesnod:

also  found  when taking it appart & doing the resto ,  a silver disney land spoon  & few fish hooks ( trebbles))  & swivels  down between the trunk floor extensions & lower rear quarters  :scratchchin:
&  GM ignition key that was inside the deck lid  , took some getting out   :brickwall::scratchchin:
couple of dimes in the gas tank also  :yesnod:
plus one that had me scratching my head wondering  how & why ,  small pipe/tube cutter right up inside the dash ,  could see no way it getting there , other that it being  dropped in the dash assembly when it was being assembled at the factory , ( why would that be being used at the factory , near the dash assembly ?? )
as the car was previously 63 thousand mile 2 owner car  , when i bought it  :scratchchin: :shruggy: pretty much untouched except for a motor swap  :shruggy:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Tilar

Quote from: 68X426 on January 11, 2012, 02:43:23 AM
Quote from: Budnicks on January 10, 2012, 08:58:28 PM
Single voluptuous attractive women's panties....

Must have been my Dad's car.  ::)

So are you saying those belong to your mom???  :o    :misbehaving:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Stretch

An unsmoked joint (very dry)
A unused still taged set of keys for my car. They were under the  driver side front carpet.
The strip code tag under my trunk carpet.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

KillerBee1972

Quote from: Stretch on January 11, 2012, 03:20:52 PM
A unused still taged set of keys for my car. They were under the  driver side front carpet.

The key thing is a pretty cool story!

Topher

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Surf Charger

Quote from: Bulldog69RT on January 10, 2012, 10:28:22 PM
I'm not making this up. I found a 1969 penny between the floorpan and the rockerpanel area. I saved it, not sure what Im going to do with it. Hood ornament? haha

I found the same thing! A penny from 1969. I'll post a pic of it.

Also found a quarter from 1970.....and a build sheet from a different vehicle (can only make out the last 5 digits of the sequence number.)

Surf Charger

There seems to be a lot of left-handed cigarettes being found....that a old condoms. Sign of the times I suppose....

Stretch

Quote from: Surf Charger on January 11, 2012, 03:48:19 PM
There seems to be a lot of left-handed cigarettes being found....that a old condoms. Sign of the times I suppose....

I turned mine in to the nearest law enforcement agency! ::)   ;)  What did the rest of you do?

Fred

Quote from: Stretch on January 11, 2012, 03:20:52 PM
A unused still taged set of keys for my car. They were under the  driver side front carpet.

Quote from: Stretch on January 11, 2012, 04:59:02 PM
Quote from: Surf Charger on January 11, 2012, 03:48:19 PM

I turned mine in to the nearest law enforcement agency! ::)   ;)  What did the rest of you do?

:lol: :lol:

Fred

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Patronus

Not a biggie, but I found a penny (slightly melted) probably used as a shim between the dutchmen and quarter panel. Looks like it was used a few times...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

RiverRaider

Back in the late 90's I went to look at a 70 charger for parts because it was supposed to have a perfect front clip.
It did but the clip was a 68 and I looked no further after seeing that.  I did not want the car and it was starting
to rain so I wanted to leave.  The owner said the car had to go and lowered the price to where I had to take it.
We pushed it on and hooked two chains in the front, I paid him and told him I could finish and he could get out of the rain.
I went under to put a chain on the rear axle and to my surprise it was a 4:10 Dana!  For me that was cool.

My first Charger was a Stock Car.

KillerBee1972

Quote from: RiverRaider on January 11, 2012, 07:34:26 PM
Back in the late 90's I went to look at a 70 charger for parts because it was supposed to have a perfect front clip.
It did but the clip was a 68 and I looked no further after seeing that.  I did not want the car and it was starting
to rain so I wanted to leave.  The owner said the car had to go and lowered the price to where I had to take it.
We pushed it on and hooked two chains in the front, I paid him and told him I could finish and he could get out of the rain.
I went under to put a chain on the rear axle and to my surprise it was a 4:10 Dana!  For me that was cool.

NICE!!!  :2thumbs:

Fred

Quote from: KillerBee1972 on January 11, 2012, 07:37:36 PM

NICE!!!  :2thumbs:

JACKPOT!!

KillerBee1972

Oh also during the rebuild of my motor in my 72 it seems that someone got into my motor before because under the intake a message was written "Chevys will hate Mikes motor" it was either motor or mopar it was pretty hard to read... But I thought it was cool

aussiemuscle

Quote from: 440 on January 11, 2012, 09:43:27 AM
So the coolest thing I've found so far was the gas in the tank  :drive:
i'm surprised no one said they found a hemi under the hood  :nana:

Fred

Quote from: aussiemuscle on January 11, 2012, 10:13:37 PM
Quote from: 440 on January 11, 2012, 09:43:27 AM
So the coolest thing I've found so far was the gas in the tank  :drive:
i'm surprised no one said they found a hemi under the hood  :nana:

Probably because they haven't!! :lol:

viper r/t

Took the old headliner out the other day, and found a hand painted spider web that covered the entire inner roof  :scratchchin: Guess some people just didn't have enough to do, atleast they signed it in the corner like a painting so they must have been proud when they got done haha

terrible one

Quote from: viper r/t on January 11, 2012, 10:21:59 PM
Took the old headliner out the other day, and found a hand painted spider web that covered the entire inner roof  :scratchchin: Guess some people just didn't have enough to do, atleast they signed it in the corner like a painting so they must have been proud when they got done haha

Wow, cool! Got pics??

paul smart

when i pulled mine apart i found something my dad had lost back in 69 it was the tassle from his high school graduation hat and 2 burger king lapal buttons.it was cool to give it back after 40 years

HeavyFuel

Besides the mint broadcast sheet that was tucked up behind the glovebox......this is it.

I have no idea what the little triangles are, but they were under the factory carpet.

The keys were wired up under the hood.  I remember my dad having one of those license plate key rings.

Surf Charger

So what gives it away that its a 4:10 Dana? (sorry stupid question but I've never had to deal with the axle/diff)

68X426

Quote from: Surf Charger on January 12, 2012, 12:52:58 AM

So what gives it away that its a 4:10 Dana? (sorry stupid question but I've never had to deal with the axle/diff)

A quick side note and then back to the real thread.  :popcrn:

Not stupid, excellent question. A Dana 60 is the king of the hill. The cat's meow. For the kids out there, it's dope. It doesn't get sweeter than finding a Dana underneath.

The unique 10 bolt pattern and angled corners immediately indicates Dana 60. See the chart. But there's no way to simply look at a Dana and know it's a 4.10. The poster is just assuming that was the ratio (it's a very common ratio).  :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

KillerBee1972

64dartgt

Nothing too interesting in the Charger.  Found a crayon drawing done by my Cousin Heidi (45ish now) when she was about four under the back seat of my Great Aunts 1964 Dodge Dart (which is now mine).  That was cool.

70 Charger RT

I found three broadcast sheets.  One under the rear seat (not mine).  Another under the passenger bucket mixed in with a hornets nest (not mine). And then under the drivers seat was my build sheet in good condition.

I also found at least two dozen 22 bullets under the dash near the fuse box.  These were unspent bullets.  My older brother who bought the car new said they used to go hunting quite a bit and bullets wound fall down the defrost vents.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Iceyone

Found the window sticker and owners manual in the glove box of a 70 SE I used to have. Also found the FM radio and the headlight motor in the trunk. Still have the radio and motor, but not the car.

Also found a hot blonde in the back seat of my 68 before.  ;)
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

xpbprox

1932 USSR and a Chevelle logo

I don't even know where it's at anymore, it's somewhere safe though
A couple other things but this was by far the coolest

Surf Charger

Quote from: 68X426 on January 12, 2012, 03:49:06 AM
Quote from: Surf Charger on January 12, 2012, 12:52:58 AM

A quick side note and then back to the real thread.  :popcrn:

Not stupid, excellent question. A Dana 60 is the king of the hill. The cat's meow. For the kids out there, it's dope. It doesn't get sweeter than finding a Dana underneath.

The unique 10 bolt pattern and angled corners immediately indicates Dana 60. See the chart. But there's no way to simply look at a Dana and know it's a 4.10. The poster is just assuming that was the ratio (it's a very common ratio).  :2thumbs:

Thank you so much for those pictures and that description. Very informative and helpful. I will pass those on.

ok, back to the thread!

cdr

1968 NICKEL UNDER PASS SEAT IN MY 68 CHARGER GOT THE CAR IN AUG 2011
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

rave_12000

ummmm. which one?  there have been so many chargers in my life.  i tell you what is most uncool-----mice.

reminds me of the time my sister bought a mustang from a dealer about 10 years ago.  took it home and found a handgun under the driver seat. my dad called up the dealer and asked what was up.  the dealer told them that he had to bring the gun back because it was not to be included with the sale of the car.  dad told them to get screwed and sold it for $300. it was a german rueger? true story. not a charger, but definitely interesting.

404NOTFOUND

Not a Charger but, I once bought a freshly retired police car and found a little baggie of weed in the trunk.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

BananaDan

:Twocents: 

Literally, during my interior restoration I found two pennies sitting in the dash frame. 
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

bill440rt

I found a smashed vintage cherry soda can smothered with bondo wedged between the right quarter panel & floor extension on my '69. Does that count??  :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Stretch

Quote from: bill440rt on January 18, 2012, 09:00:54 AM
I found a smashed vintage cherry soda can smothered with bondo wedged between the right quarter panel & floor extension on my '69. Does that count??  :shruggy:

LOL Nice! I don't think I'd consider that too cool! Funny! But not cool!

klutch

I've been very lucky with my early build '73. I found these in the glovebox, under the back seat and under the carpet.

The papers in the upper right of the first picture are all the service reciepts from the life of the car. Same owner bought it new and had it all the way up until 2001, I bought it in 2002.
(Insert something clever here)

Fred

KillerBee1972

KillerBee1972

I just found a 1973 penny inside of my drivers side door of my 73 U code car. and a message under the vinyl roof saying "Do Vinyl"

spoolinhard

I found a copper 1943 penny in my challenger. I think that this is insanely rare as most of them where steel from the war drive. My grandma was nearby when I made the discovery so she got it.

RDR838

Coolest thing I found in the Charger was the ignition key light. Somebody didn't install it back when they had the dash apart but put it under the radio where it must have been from '87 till '06!

And this is an empty M&M's bag which I found in a spring in the rear seat of my '68 Coronet wagon parts car. It was extremely hard to get out which makes me think it was put inside the spring by the guy (or gal?) who put the seat together in the factory before he/she covered the metal frame with jute, foam and vinyl!

The bag now lives with what remains of the 2 builtsheets I found in my Driver Coronet wagon. I did find the dead mouse too which ate the rest of the builtsheet.

Surf Charger

Quote from: RDR838 on January 22, 2012, 06:56:04 PM
Coolest thing I found in the Charger was the ignition key light. Somebody didn't install it back when they had the dash apart but put it under the radio where it must have been from '87 till '06!

And this is an empty M&M's bag which I found in a spring in the rear seat of my '68 Coronet wagon parts car. It was extremely hard to get out which makes me think it was put inside the spring by the guy (or gal?) who put the seat together in the factory before he/she covered the metal frame with jute, foam and vinyl!

The bag now lives with what remains of the 2 builtsheets I found in my Driver Coronet wagon. I did find the dead mouse too which ate the rest of the builtsheet.

That is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. You should frame that.

RIDGERACER383

I found out about 5 years ago when I took my car for a test drive that there was a 5 foot long black snake living in my car.I rolled the windows up and went to shut the door and it didn't shut all the way looked at my door and here's this snake caught in the door.I opened it up and ran one way and the snake went the other.5 minutes after that I popped the hood and there was a corn snake on my wiring harness on my firewall.my car is a snake sanctuary in the summer.I hate snakes too.
1968 Dodge Charger 383 4bbl / 8.75 Rear 3.55

69rtse4spd

Found a .45 with a full clip under the drivers seat when I got the car home & was cleaning it out. Called the cops, they took it, still got the car. 

71wrenchhead

i found a couple handfulls of bullets, well, muzzleloader slugs, and a gold ring
Got slapped by my wife for keeping an engine in the bedroom........yeah, pretty much sums up my life

Fred

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on January 22, 2012, 11:06:44 PM
Found a .45 with a full clip under the drivers seat when I got the car home & was cleaning it out. Called the cops, they took it, still got the car. 

WOW!!! what a find. If it were up to me..........you'd win the prize for the coolest thing found.  :2thumbs:

yellow68RT