News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gas tank spacer

Started by jlatessa, January 10, 2012, 10:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlatessa

Pulled gas tank to install tar paper and found one rubber spacer on driver's side...is there supposed to be one on both sides?

bull

Quote from: jlatessa on January 10, 2012, 10:53:32 AM
Pulled gas tank to install tar paper and found one rubber spacer on driver's side...is there supposed to be one on both sides?

All I've ever seen and heard about was the paper. :shruggy:

jlatessa

Me too, But this rubber fits into a hole on the cross brace above the tank and there is another empty hole on the other side.

Rubber block fit into a recess that runs across the tank, looks like it belongs there, can't imagine anyone adding it???

'It's always something' as Roseanne Roseanadanna used to say.

bull

Ok, I think you're thinking of a couple of rubber body plugs that go in that area in the trunk floor. There are plastic and rubber plugs that go in various places throughout the floor and trunk and I believe there are a couple of rubber ones that go in that area that might rub up against the gas tank.

Check this out: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,84404.0.html

jlatessa

No, this standoff is inserted from the bottom into the stiffener rail that runs transversely across the bottom of the trunk floor.
It's a couple on inches inboard of the filler neck hole in the trunk floor and rests into
the transverse channel on the top of the tank.

It is definitely original as remnants of undercoating are still on it
It is rectangular and others on another forum do remember it  (Tolley for one).

Why is it there....as a locator for the tank????
Maybe someone has some info.....I left it in. :scratchchin:

Thanks, Joe

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bull

jlatessa

Sorry, I should have taken a pic, it's covered up now as the tank is installed.

Maybe it can be seen from the side, I'll try and see today.

Joe