News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cranking compression should i be concerned?

Started by metcoll, January 09, 2012, 05:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metcoll

Hi there did a cranking compression test on my 440...avergage was about 140....is this too low...i have a lunati 240/250  520/547 cam,six-pack replacement pistons & 452 heads,rest of combo is 1/34 headers rpm intake msd ignition set-up 750 proform...car has 4200 stall & 4.56 gears & weighs about 4100lbs...seems to pull very hard up to 6200 rpm,i just it would have at least  170lbs cranking compression...builder told me compression should be @9.7...is this true with the cranking compression that i have...

Cooter

240/250 I ASSUME is Duration @ .050 and that's ALOT. Effects cranking pressure. A little too much for a 9.7:1 engine, but will work.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

charger_fan_4ever

Valve events play a big role. Cam probably has a lot of valve overlap which bleeds off cylinder pressure. 452 heads have a larger chamber too if i recall ? These two factors considered thats probably why your seeing the #'s you are.

heyoldguy

oldkimmer

.........Thats about right...........kim..........
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!