News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sunroof 4sp Superbird ?

Started by sunroofsuperbird, March 15, 2006, 09:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: WingCharger on June 15, 2008, 08:31:45 AM
How did you graft the nose into the fenders? I like that look! I want to use it on my Daytona Clone sometime in the future. How did you do it? Body filler? If so what kind?
alot of birds and daytona got the noses leaded in early in life !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Marty made some very wild and strange creations  , I always liked to see what he would come up with next .

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Well i just received very sad news , we wont be seeing anymore wild creations from marty .  A buddy of his from face book just told me he passed away last year .

Dale Mathews,     Marty passed away last year from kidney failure (never drank) , has two teenage children , quite sad
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 16, 2006, 11:35:52 AM
Here's a sunroof 'Bird that a member here used to own and built.... Almost traded my C500 for it, I'm sure Paul remembers that..

Troy

Hey I remember looking at that car in Pete's garage, next to his Daytona.
It's funny , when I was first following Superbirds in my area, and at local shows I would always see a Superbird with a sunroof, so I thought it was an option, till I realized it was the same car...  :lol:

Wingnut426

Hi Guys, I built the white sunroof Superbird
174561 out of a severly wrecked Superbird.
The roof was from a 70 White 383 4-speed Sunroof Charger.  Hardest part was making a headliner from the original and a repro Superbird headliner. I had to sew the two together on the 4th or 5th bow. I miss that car, but got my Hemi Superbird instead. Pete
HEMI Daytona Convertible

WINGIN IT

Cool car for sure, Pete  :2thumbs:
Last I saw it was for sale a few years ago in NH or somewhere up there.

djcarguy

Quote from: moparstuart on April 30, 2012, 10:33:17 AM
Marty made some very wild and strange creations  , I always liked to see what he would come up with next .

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Well i just received very sad news , we wont be seeing anymore wild creations from marty .  A buddy of his from face book just told me he passed away last year .

Dale Mathews,     Marty passed away last year from kidney failure (never drank) , has two teenage children , quite sad===============================================================================
RIP<<<  to creative mopar guy,that had  more plans and dreams,for more 1 of custom wing cars...all the best ta his family and god bless and keep them.sorry for your loss. dj in oregon

nascarxx29

The sunroofed white superbird in a 80-90-s mopar action magazine article one of none I think said it was in a Hartford junkyard with another car sitting on its roof :Twocents:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Hemi Runner

hotrod98

Wow. That is just so sad.  Marty was a heck of a guy. I enjoyed texting back and forth with him. If I remember correctly, he owned the Challenger station wagon and the General Lee 4 wheel drive.
I'm getting constant reminders as to just how short life is.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

WINGIN IT

Quote from: nascarxx29 on May 01, 2012, 10:33:21 AM
The sunroofed white superbird in a 80-90-s mopar action magazine article one of none I think said it was in a Hartford junkyard with another car sitting on its roof :Twocents:

You'd hope the owner would be driving a lot , having a sunroof, and it would be fairly easy to know where it is based on sightings. Be ashamed if it was not being driven.

surmanajaja

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 03, 2012, 10:48:36 PM
Wow. That is just so sad.  Marty was a heck of a guy. I enjoyed texting back and forth with him. If I remember correctly, he owned the Challenger station wagon and the General Lee 4 wheel drive.
I'm getting constant reminders as to just how short life is.

yes he owned that 4x4 charger for a long time, only one that I saw that I liked. also a lot of other interesting/collectable cars..