News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Challenger Days Numbered

Started by DC_1, January 09, 2012, 05:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

All I am saying is that to me I like the look of the new Challenger, period. I don't give a damn if ford or gm or toyota comes out with something that someone else wants to compare to. Not everyone is buying these cars for racing. Matter of fact most are not. The numbers of Mustangs with V-6's are HUGE!! Yeah, 305HP from that V-6, but many more ponies from the V-8... Same as back in "THE DAY". How many Chally's came with 318's and leaning towers??

Why does it have to be a competition??  Does Ford build something to compete equally with the Vette?? GM built a suburban for many years before mopar or ford started thinking about it.  Ford built a dinky Bronco. Gm's El Camino is yet another..  So what's the big damn deal about COMPETITION!!!!! It's the SPIN that the companies are putting on their advertizements and the auto type magazines.

Ford came out with it's EXCURSION MANY, MANY years after GM's Suburpin and it was a TANK.. One hell of a ride, but a battleship of a land cruiser. Still see tons of them on the road. Are they used for most businesses? NO.. Can people afford gas for a daily driver back and forth to work? NOT ME!! But they are all over the place.. So why compare to camaro's?

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Chryco Psycho

Big loss if Chrysler quits building the Chall , I do not even own a new one yet !!

model maker

I have some additional information  on this subject that I posted in cuda/challenger.com here it is
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=82077.0
MODEL MAKER

TheAutoArchaeologist

The Cuda pictured was just a custom car done by a shop and has nothing to do with a production car.

There is not going to be a new Cuda.  It is all just speculation from Chinese whispers.   The Challenger has brand recognition, not the Cuda.

There is not going to be a Cuda.  No way, no how.  My insiders at Chrysler have said there isn't a reason too with so few actual people knowing what a Cuda is. 

The Challenger sells where they expected it would. They could never compete with the New Mustang or Camaro in numbers and knew it.

Budnicks

I like the looks of the car, not crazy about the yellow, some other color would be allot better for me, the belt line is kind of high for a convertible also though, I does appear to be just a revamp of the current platform, not a new car, just looks like a well done custom  :Twocents:  If Chrysler actually built & sold them, in a different color of course, I would be in the market for a Hemi 6.4ltr. 6spd convertible 2014 Cuda' as soon as they came out... I like the retro look of the new 2008-present Challengers over any of the other retro style brand X cars... In my honest Opinion, I think Motor-Trend mag is very biased towards Ford a major advertiser, when it come to the big 3 out of Detroit, in my opinion "I have no facts in anyway to back that up, just an observation, the editor is a die hard Ford Mustang lover , also Olds & Pontiac guy self proclaimed & admitted on Barrett Jackson many times in the past, I'm not trying to start any conspiracy theories or arguments just my thoughts & observations...  I have driven all 3 brands & cars also a couple of specialty versions, IMHO I hate to say it but, the Shelby GT500 supercharged version is the best performing all around, in braking, handling & dead stop acceleration of all 3 brand car I drove, but the Petty Garage prepped Challenger also super charged 426ci Hemi was equal in every way except gross vehicle curb weight, I didn't like any of the 2010-current Camaro's  :Twocents: at all & I'm a many time Chevy many models/years & a bunch of 67-73's Camaro owner/racer collector, many different types modified & stock, in the past, never really been a die hard Mustang or Ford guy {except maybe Dually F350-550 trucks}, I like & owned the 67-70 Mustang sport roof/fastbacks only & I do think the new 2005-current Mustang/Shelby capture the looks & feel of that era, I would still rather own the new Challenger, if I was to buy any of the 3 new cars mentioned, heavier & more expensive or not, coming from a guy who has owned all three style/brands of the original cars....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Rolling_Thunder

maybe they'll make a convertible this time around...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

hemi-hampton

Why discontinue it when you got the new Econobox Dodge Dart coming out :scratchchin: Also, they allready made a Cuda prototype/Concept car way back in the 90's called the VENOM. Remember it? LEON.