News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Challenger Days Numbered

Started by DC_1, January 09, 2012, 05:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

Drache

Now if they make a new 'cuda version of a new pony car and do as well as they did like the new Challenger then just maybe things will be ok.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

It has always been a halo car, with the looming CAFE standards and Fiats desire to sell rebadged econo-cars it shouldn't surprise anyone.

68X426

The article makes it sound like a rumor. Is Fiat trying to fool someone?

I was told by a dealer this past summer that 2013 was definitely the last Challenger, that Chrysler had already officially notified all the dealers. (I still haven't bought one, not sure if a "last year production" matters to me as a plus or minus).

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

41husk

I would think the first year would be the most desirable as there was a limited # and only SRT8.  I have a 09, I will keep nice.  Who knows maybe it will be worth something some day :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TheAutoArchaeologist

The Challenger is going to be around as long as the LX platform is, which should be until 2014 when a new platform is unveiled.  That is what Ralph Gilles (sp?) said last year. 

Who ever says anything else is BS.

Ryan

Drache

Quote from: 68X426 on January 09, 2012, 06:25:22 PM
The article makes it sound like a rumor. Is Fiat trying to fool someone?

I was told by a dealer this past summer that 2013 was definitely the last Challenger, that Chrysler had already officially notified all the dealers. (I still haven't bought one, not sure if a "last year production" matters to me as a plus or minus).

Every article I see still calls it a rumor and that no one has come forward yet to say if it's hard facts or not.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

RallyeMike

QuoteMotor Trend is reporting that the Challenger may be on its way out, to be replaced by a new car called the Barracuda. The new Barracuda (again re-using a legendary Chrysler nameplate, previously from Plymouth) is said to be significantly smaller and lighter than the current Challenger, and won't be built on the Charger's LY platform.

And far as "dissapointing"..... you are dissapointed that they are going to go back and do it right this time? The Challenger looks kinda ok considering it was shoe-horned onto an existing platform, but just like the article says, it's huge and heavy and does not hold up to the Mustang or Camaro in comparison.

I see this only as an an opportunity for improvement, and there is lots to be had for the 2014 'Cuda. Goodbye Challenger, hello 'Cuda  :cheers:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Steve P.

The worry of it holding it's own with the ford or chevy to me is bold faced bull shit!! This it not the 60's and 70's. People are not bolting on a set of slicks and raising the timing and going after stockers anymore.  The game today is not focused on WHAT WINS ON SUNDAY, SELLS ON MONDAY.... I like the new Mustank and the new Comparo. That doesn't mean I am in the market for any of them... Mileage, comfort and HOW DO I LOOK IN THIS RIDE are what is selling today's cars...

I am happy to report to all of you that I see MANY Challengers on the road here. As many if not more than the Mustank and way more than the chubby.. It warms my heart.. I love the look of the Challenger and the Mustang too. They represent well, (in my opinion), their roots. Not so much on the Camgolfball.

The Challenger was allllways the LONGNECK of the pony cars. (Plus I hate the term, "PONY"). It came from the MUSTANG and stuck.  If you ask me, and it sucks that they didn't, I don't think they should be making a comparison of these three cars. To me MOPAR built a car that many of us said we would love to see again and they built it for us.. Not completely true on the Chargers, but many still love them. But this is a car that has a hot retro look that is fitting in every way. I think the Challenger AND the CUDA should be once again be waking up the blood of people young and old and screw what Motor Trend is being paid to say....

My .02  and I hope FIAT is reading.....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Cooter

SWEET, now i won't have to hear another stupid kid say "Hey! Whay did you put small wheels on your new Challenger?" :smilielol:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

RallyeMike

Quote................ Mileage, comfort and HOW DO I LOOK IN THIS RIDE are what is selling today's cars...

That's exactly what I would say if I owned a Challenger and regularly got a good view of rear end view of cheaper, faster, Camaros and Mustangs.  :lol:

I'm just happy that Mopar is making a RWD V8 2-door retro car. If they can improve on it with the 2014 Cuda and give the others a run for their money, so much the better.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 09, 2012, 08:06:41 PM
QuoteMotor Trend is reporting that the Challenger may be on its way out, to be replaced by a new car called the Barracuda. The new Barracuda (again re-using a legendary Chrysler nameplate, previously from Plymouth) is said to be significantly smaller and lighter than the current Challenger, and won't be built on the Charger's LY platform.

And far as "dissapointing"..... you are dissapointed that they are going to go back and do it right this time? The Challenger looks kinda ok considering it was shoe-horned onto an existing platform, but just like the article says, it's huge and heavy and does not hold up to the Mustang or Camaro in comparison.

I see this only as an an opportunity for improvement, and there is lots to be had for the 2014 'Cuda. Goodbye Challenger, hello 'Cuda  :cheers:

The Challenger is superior in just about everything compared to the Mustang and Camaro.  Heavier, by what standard.  A SRT-8 Challenger and SS Camaro are pretty damn close to the same weight Challenger's 3834 lbs to Camaro's 3780 lbs.  Also the Challenger's suspension is better then the Camaros and Mustangs.  Interior room is bigger then both the Camaro and Mustang.  Ride is far better.  Rear visability is better in the Challenger then the Camaro. The 5.7/6.1/6.4 Hemi is better in all regards, power, torque, power curve, etc... then the L99 or LS3.

People just tend to regurgitate the same information over and over they hear in the magazines.

The truth is the Challenger are not produced in the quantities the Camaro or Mustang are because it is built on the same line as 2 other cars, meaning that they produce far fewer of them a year, which leads to the price staying higher, which mean dealers always want a premium.  Which leads to less on the road.

Here I am beating a brand new 400 HP Transformers Edition Camaro in my "lowly" R/T.  And I had a crappy time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VwDUO3l6KU

Ryan

Fred

Quote from: Steve P. on January 09, 2012, 09:11:55 PM
The worry of it holding it's own with the ford or chevy to me is bold faced bull shit!! This it not the 60's and 70's. People are not bolting on a set of slicks and raising the timing and going after stockers anymore.  The game today is not focused on WHAT WINS ON SUNDAY, SELLS ON MONDAY.... I like the new Mustank and the new Comparo. That doesn't mean I am in the market for any of them... Mileage, comfort and HOW DO I LOOK IN THIS RIDE are what is selling today's cars...

I am happy to report to all of you that I see MANY Challengers on the road here. As many if not more than the Mustank and way more than the chubby.. It warms my heart.. I love the look of the Challenger and the Mustang too. They represent well, (in my opinion), their roots. Not so much on the Camgolfball.

The Challenger was allllways the LONGNECK of the pony cars. (Plus I hate the term, "PONY"). It came from the MUSTANG and stuck.  If you ask me, and it sucks that they didn't, I don't think they should be making a comparison of these three cars. To me MOPAR built a car that many of us said we would love to see again and they built it for us.. Not completely true on the Chargers, but many still love them. But this is a car that has a hot retro look that is fitting in every way. I think the Challenger AND the CUDA should be once again be waking up the blood of people young and old and screw what Motor Trend is being paid to say....

My .02  and I hope FIAT is reading.....

:2thumbs: that would be my  :Twocents: worth too.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

RallyeMike

QuoteThe Challenger is superior in just about everything compared to the Mustang and Camaro.  Heavier, by what standard.  A SRT-8 Challenger and SS Camaro are pretty damn close to the same weight Challenger's 3834 lbs to Camaro's 3780 lbs.  Also the Challenger's suspension is better then the Camaros and Mustangs.  Interior room is bigger then both the Camaro and Mustang.  Ride is far better.  Rear visability is better in the Challenger then the Camaro. The 5.7/6.1/6.4 Hemi is better in all regards, power, torque, power curve, etc... then the L99 or LS3.

People just tend to regurgitate the same information over and over they hear in the magazines.

:hah:    "Heavier by what standard?" Is this a trick question? How about the Standard of GRAVITY?!  You guys crack me up!  :lol:

Few of us own all three cars to perform out own objective tests. If we don't form opinion s based on the mutiple comparisons in the magazine, then what? Seat of the pants non-objectivity like yours?

Life-long die-hard Mopar fans just don't want to believe the Challenger is not the top dog. For 2011: The Challenger IS heavier (more than you say). The Challenger IS more expensive (a lot more expensive). The Challenger IS overall, slower. The Challenger stops later. The Challenger ties last 2nd on the skid pad. This is just one example, but read it and weep:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_1006_2011_mustang_gt_2010_camaro_ss_2010_challenger_srt8_comparison/viewall.html

So what specifically about this comparison tells you "the Challenger is superior in just about everything"? Just the opposite in this one comparison. Are you saying this comparison (and others) are faulty in some way?

Again: Challenger = cool car. Just hoping for improvement vs the competition in 2014 with the Cuda.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 10, 2012, 11:47:40 AM
QuoteThe Challenger is superior in just about everything compared to the Mustang and Camaro.  Heavier, by what standard.  A SRT-8 Challenger and SS Camaro are pretty damn close to the same weight Challenger's 3834 lbs to Camaro's 3780 lbs.  Also the Challenger's suspension is better then the Camaros and Mustangs.  Interior room is bigger then both the Camaro and Mustang.  Ride is far better.  Rear visability is better in the Challenger then the Camaro. The 5.7/6.1/6.4 Hemi is better in all regards, power, torque, power curve, etc... then the L99 or LS3.

:hah:    "Heavier by what standard?" Is this a trick question? How about the Standard of GRAVITY?!  You guys crack me up!  :lol:

Few of us own all three cars to perform out own objective tests. If we don't form opinion s based on the mutiple comparisons in the magazine, then what? Seat of the pants non-objectivity like yours?

Life-long die-hard Mopar fans just don't want to believe the Challenger is not the top dog. For 2011: The Challenger IS heavier (more than you say). The Challenger IS more expensive (a lot more expensive). The Challenger IS overall, slower. The Challenger stops later. The Challenger ties last 2nd on the skid pad. This is just one example, but read it and weep:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_1006_2011_mustang_gt_2010_camaro_ss_2010_challenger_srt8_comparison/viewall.html

So what specifically about this comparison tells you "the Challenger is superior in just about everything"? Just the opposite in this one comparison. Are you saying this comparison (and others) are faulty in some way?

Again: Challenger = cool car. Just hoping for improvement vs the competition in 2014 with the Cuda.

So you are taking a 3 year old Challenger VS a brand new Mustang 5.0 Vs a Brand New 2010 Camaro.  That seems fair..  As of right now the 392 Challenger is the fastest of the 3 if you don't consider their halo cars like the GT500 or ZL1.

As with anything, weight can change.  Add in the spare, sunroof and such and it can tip the scale at over 4000 lbs.  Just like the Camaro.

Did you actually read the article?  It won 2/4 events, the Camaro didn't win any.  The only reason they choose the Mustang was because it was cheaper and much lighter.

QuoteThe lengthy and impassioned argument over which car would finish second is what really ran up the post-dinner bar tab. The proletarian staffers found the Challenger SRT8's sticker too shocking and argued fervently for the Transformers-yellow Camaro SS, while the Jack Daniels Single Barrel swilling patricians dismissed the gauche, faddish Camaro with its overwrought controls in favor of the refined, mellow, mellifluous Dodge. (Plus it finished higher in more of our individual contests.) So when the buzzer sounded (last call), the scoreboard indicated that more staffers would prefer to own the Challenger, even if it meant downgrading to blended whiskeys and Swisher Sweets to save the extra $10 large. And so, until Chevy or Dodge tweaks a substantial engine, chassis, or body part, the Ford Mustang GT is the reigning V-8 Ponycar champion of the universe. See you next season.

And that's the 3 year old 6.1 Liter, not the new 6.4 liter car.

Atleast this article was still better then the one that pitted the 5.0 and SS vs. a R/T Challenger.

Hessian

Having owned both a 2010 2SS Camaro and a 2008 SRT8 Challenger... I can say they are similiar in weight etc but completely different in terms of driving expierence.  

I pre-ordered my 2SS and put 40k miles on it in less than a year... I bought my SRT8 used with about 20k on it already and have put another 40k on top of that...

I loved them both, but prefer the challenger.  Yes, it feels like a tank, and not quite as nimble in turns as the Camaro-- but when you stomp on it, it just feels like you're holding on to the steering wheel while it screams down the road.  I guess I'm saying the camaro was almost too refined, felt less like an older "muscle car".  

With regard to the $$$... my used SRT8 was almost as much as my brand new totally optioned 2SS/RS Camaro... I do think the price point is a bit high for new Challys (MSRP of a 392 Challenger is 43k!)  

And as far as "how do I look" comment... I got WAAAAY more comments/looks with the Challenger.  Maybe it's because they just arent as many challengers on the road compared to camaros...but it was a big difference. The comment I got most with the Challenger was that it was the only one of the three legacy cars (Mustang, Camaro and Challenger) that looked retro.  I guess that reasoning is one of the main things I loved about it.  Also the interior.. the SRT8 compared with the 2SS is NO comparison.  The green electrionics in the Camaro remind me of 80s technology while the challenger (at two years older than the camaro) had 4GB of storage for mp3s, played dvds, and you could even copy cds onto the hard drive of the car from the player.  Neat.  

My only complaint on the Challenger?  The auto stick.  Manual trannys werent an option for the first year of production.  Of course the camaro had the annoying "skip shift" that used to shut the gate off to 2nd gear sometimes.  This feature got around the 'gas guzzler' tax but was annoying as hell!!  Finally got the pig tail that eliminated this problem which made it more fun to drive.    

I'm all about the 'cuda making a comeback, but hopefully not at the expense of the Challenger.    

Just my  :Twocents:
Currently own:
1969 Charger "General Lee" 440
2014 Challenger R/T Blacktop edition

Previously owned:
1969 Charger R/T "Death Proof"
2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange- First edition #1915 of 6400
1968 Charger 440

Semper Fidelis  USMC Retired 1991-2011

RallyeMike

QuoteDid you actually read the article?  It won 2/4 events, the Camaro didn't win any.  The only reason they choose the Mustang was because it was cheaper and much lighter.

Yes I read it, but text is subject to the writers opinion and carries less weight. Even so, 2nd place of three for a car that stickers for $7k more is hardly a victory (to use your words) of a car " that is superior in just about everything". Stats in the tables tell the tale. Numbers don't lie, unless your angle is that someone made them up. The Challenger just simply is the least superior car overall, $ for $, lb for lb.

QuoteSo you are taking a 3 year old Challenger VS a brand new Mustang 5.0 Vs a Brand New 2010 Camaro.  That seems fair..

How so? Stated: 2010 Challenger. 2010 Camaro. 2011 Mustang.

Regardless, if you don't like this comparision, pick another. They all say the same thing - Challenger is slightly less overall performance for more money.

Not trying to hurt your pride as a Challenger owner, but facts is facts regardless of your faith in Mopar.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 10, 2012, 12:56:04 PM
QuoteDid you actually read the article?  It won 2/4 events, the Camaro didn't win any.  The only reason they choose the Mustang was because it was cheaper and much lighter.

Yes I read it, but text is subject to the writers opinion and carries less weight. Even so, 2nd place of three for a car that stickers for $7k more is hardly a victory (to use your words) of a car " that is superior in just about everything". Stats in the tables tell the tale. Numbers don't lie, unless your angle is that someone made them up. The Challenger just simply is the least superior car overall, $ for $, lb for lb.

QuoteSo you are taking a 3 year old Challenger VS a brand new Mustang 5.0 Vs a Brand New 2010 Camaro.  That seems fair..

How so? Stated: 2010 Challenger. 2010 Camaro. 2011 Mustang.

Regardless, if you don't like this comparision, pick another. They all say the same thing - Challenger is slightly less overall performance for more money.

Not trying to hurt your pride as a Challenger owner, but facts is facts regardless of your faith in Mopar.

:think: The Challenger was released in 2008.  The Camaros and New Mustang were released in 2010 and "2011" respectively.  So by the time this comparison occurred in July of 2010 the Challenger was already 2 years old and the Camaro was brand new and as was the Mustang. 

Just like when they compared a 2009 Mustang GT vs a 2009 Challenger R/T.  You can't compare them.  The older Mustang hadn't been updated.  Still had the 4.6 and old suspension.  I understand that they are comparing the best at the time to each other.  But It is all relative.  Just like taking a 2012 Challenger 392 SRT and comparing it to a 2012 Camaro SS, the Camaro is the same as it was in 2010.

Believe what you would like to believe.  It isn't my place to try to change your mind.:horse:

RIDELIKEHELL

Damn I should of bought that 2008 Challenger SRT8 500 (500 released in Canada). I still someday want to get a 2010 SRT8 :D
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Bobby41909

I've got an '09 Challenger SRT in B5 (aka Surf Blue) with a blacked out hood and T/A stripes.  A few bolt on mod's (Corsa, custom tuned predator, lowered) and I love it!  The few mods really wake it up and the lowering kit help a bunch to tighten it up and present a tougher look.  Always get's tons of looks and comfortable fits my 3 year old's baby seat in the back.

Sure it's not the fastest thing on the planet but I only bought it because I liked the retro look (and I wanted to smoke the tires whenever I felt necessary).  IMO, nothing cooler looking on the road now. 

However, I welcome any improvements.  I won't sell my Challenger since it's perfect for a driver (creature comforts, leg room, a real trunk, sweet retro looks, and more seat performance then most of us need for a street car).  Plus it seems like everyones got a Mustang or Camaro...It's not like the Mustang and Camaro are leaps and bounds better. 

But I would add a smaller more performance minded Barracuda to the stable, especially if they add a factory supercharger! :2thumbs:

RallyeMike

QuoteThe Challenger was released in 2008.  The Camaros and New Mustang were released in 2010 and "2011" respectively.  So by the time this comparison occurred in July of 2010 the Challenger was already 2 years old and the Camaro was brand new and as was the Mustang.  

Ok, I understand. You are essentially saying "that Dodge didnt update the Challenger to keep up with the competition for 2-3 years, so that means it's not fair to compare the current 2010 Dodge/2010 Camaro/2011 Mustang models".

I agree with you: The current Challenger doesnt stack up as clearly shown in measured tests results for acceleration, braking, and cornering because it's design hasnt been updated by Chrysler to keep up with the competition.   :rofl:   Hopefully they will catch up with the 2014 Cuda!

As long as your Challenger and it's tops in your mind, that's all that matters. Enjoy your car.

QuoteIt's not like the Mustang and Camaro are leaps and bounds better.  

True - they are not far apart. But when you throw in the substantial increase in sticker price of the Challenger, it makes the Challenger unfavorable unless you just have to have it for the styling and creature comforts. Maybe with a new platfrom, and some innovation, Chrysler can come up with a more competive, comparatively-priced ' Cuda in 2014. It sure wouldnt hurt sales.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Troy

I think a 25-30% price differential has a bigger impact than just about anything else. With an extra $10k you could do wonders with a Mustang. If you just want a comfortable daily driver that can spin the tires every once in a while then the Challenger would probably be nicer. However, if you want to be competitive you start with the lightest car that's easiest to modify (and preferably with the lowest cost of entry). In my opinion Mopar is way behind everyone else when it comes to ease of upgrades and after market support. That also means you're stuck paying dealer prices for most of the performance which means your wallet gets lighter 2-3 times faster.

I'd be happy if it goes to a newer platform. It looks too chunky for my taste at the moment.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: Troy on January 10, 2012, 03:31:10 PM
I think a 25-30% price differential has a bigger impact than just about anything else. With an extra $10k you could do wonders with a Mustang. If you just want a comfortable daily driver that can spin the tires every once in a while then the Challenger would probably be nicer. However, if you want to be competitive you start with the lightest car that's easiest to modify (and preferably with the lowest cost of entry). In my opinion Mopar is way behind everyone else when it comes to ease of upgrades and after market support. That also means you're stuck paying dealer prices for most of the performance which means your wallet gets lighter 2-3 times faster.

I'd be happy if it goes to a newer platform. It looks too chunky for my taste at the moment.

Troy

It is even worse then that.  Dodge has locked down their software on 2011+ vehicles.  They say it is proprietary software and they don't want the aftermarket messing with it.  Causing a big stir on the LX and LC forums.

Troy

Quote from: Devil on January 10, 2012, 03:48:59 PM
Quote from: Troy on January 10, 2012, 03:31:10 PM

Troy

It is even worse then that.  Dodge has locked down their software on 2011+ vehicles.  They say it is proprietary software and they don't want the aftermarket messing with it.  Causing a big stir on the LX and LC forums.
It's been locked down more than the others for a loooong time. Probably the least after market friendly manufacturer.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Steve P.

All I am saying is that to me I like the look of the new Challenger, period. I don't give a damn if ford or gm or toyota comes out with something that someone else wants to compare to. Not everyone is buying these cars for racing. Matter of fact most are not. The numbers of Mustangs with V-6's are HUGE!! Yeah, 305HP from that V-6, but many more ponies from the V-8... Same as back in "THE DAY". How many Chally's came with 318's and leaning towers??

Why does it have to be a competition??  Does Ford build something to compete equally with the Vette?? GM built a suburban for many years before mopar or ford started thinking about it.  Ford built a dinky Bronco. Gm's El Camino is yet another..  So what's the big damn deal about COMPETITION!!!!! It's the SPIN that the companies are putting on their advertizements and the auto type magazines.

Ford came out with it's EXCURSION MANY, MANY years after GM's Suburpin and it was a TANK.. One hell of a ride, but a battleship of a land cruiser. Still see tons of them on the road. Are they used for most businesses? NO.. Can people afford gas for a daily driver back and forth to work? NOT ME!! But they are all over the place.. So why compare to camaro's?

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Chryco Psycho

Big loss if Chrysler quits building the Chall , I do not even own a new one yet !!

model maker

I have some additional information  on this subject that I posted in cuda/challenger.com here it is
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=82077.0
MODEL MAKER

TheAutoArchaeologist

The Cuda pictured was just a custom car done by a shop and has nothing to do with a production car.

There is not going to be a new Cuda.  It is all just speculation from Chinese whispers.   The Challenger has brand recognition, not the Cuda.

There is not going to be a Cuda.  No way, no how.  My insiders at Chrysler have said there isn't a reason too with so few actual people knowing what a Cuda is. 

The Challenger sells where they expected it would. They could never compete with the New Mustang or Camaro in numbers and knew it.

Budnicks

I like the looks of the car, not crazy about the yellow, some other color would be allot better for me, the belt line is kind of high for a convertible also though, I does appear to be just a revamp of the current platform, not a new car, just looks like a well done custom  :Twocents:  If Chrysler actually built & sold them, in a different color of course, I would be in the market for a Hemi 6.4ltr. 6spd convertible 2014 Cuda' as soon as they came out... I like the retro look of the new 2008-present Challengers over any of the other retro style brand X cars... In my honest Opinion, I think Motor-Trend mag is very biased towards Ford a major advertiser, when it come to the big 3 out of Detroit, in my opinion "I have no facts in anyway to back that up, just an observation, the editor is a die hard Ford Mustang lover , also Olds & Pontiac guy self proclaimed & admitted on Barrett Jackson many times in the past, I'm not trying to start any conspiracy theories or arguments just my thoughts & observations...  I have driven all 3 brands & cars also a couple of specialty versions, IMHO I hate to say it but, the Shelby GT500 supercharged version is the best performing all around, in braking, handling & dead stop acceleration of all 3 brand car I drove, but the Petty Garage prepped Challenger also super charged 426ci Hemi was equal in every way except gross vehicle curb weight, I didn't like any of the 2010-current Camaro's  :Twocents: at all & I'm a many time Chevy many models/years & a bunch of 67-73's Camaro owner/racer collector, many different types modified & stock, in the past, never really been a die hard Mustang or Ford guy {except maybe Dually F350-550 trucks}, I like & owned the 67-70 Mustang sport roof/fastbacks only & I do think the new 2005-current Mustang/Shelby capture the looks & feel of that era, I would still rather own the new Challenger, if I was to buy any of the 3 new cars mentioned, heavier & more expensive or not, coming from a guy who has owned all three style/brands of the original cars....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Rolling_Thunder

maybe they'll make a convertible this time around...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

hemi-hampton

Why discontinue it when you got the new Econobox Dodge Dart coming out :scratchchin: Also, they allready made a Cuda prototype/Concept car way back in the 90's called the VENOM. Remember it? LEON.