News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Iron Ram Heads. Anyone heard of these?

Started by chargd72, January 13, 2012, 02:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Troy

It seems like everyone likes them. I'd probably buy some except I already have a set of Magnum aluminum heads.

I'm assuming you're building a small block?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

chargd72

Quote from: Troy on January 13, 2012, 03:52:09 PM
It seems like everyone likes them. I'd probably buy some except I already have a set of Magnum aluminum heads.

I'm assuming you're building a small block?

Troy

Yes.  Not currently, but eventually will be replacing my 318 with a 408 stroker.  That is years down the road but want to start some floor planning so I can pick up parts as they cross my path.  Thanks.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

471_Magnum

These quickly faded in popularity once the INDY/RHS X-head came out.

Note that the Iron Ram is available in only the Magnum configuration. They require the Magnum-type rockers and oil through the push rods.

The X-head comes in both configurations. Same casting just machined differently.

I think if you call Hughes you'll probably find that they will steer you to the X-head (unless they are trying to clear out their Iron Ram inventory).
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

471_Magnum

Oh... they are priced pretty much the same as a similarly prepped X-head.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

chargd72