News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone see this? Dodge Challenger wearing a Charger Daytona costume

Started by Surf Charger, January 03, 2012, 09:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Yeah, it's made the rounds here a few times now.  Draws mixed reaction but most seem to not like it.

A383Wing

Ghoste

It was in Columbus too around that time.  Not sure where else it has been shown.  Thinking on it, there may be a Petty Blue one too.

Aero426

Quote from: A383Wing on January 03, 2012, 09:57:34 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on January 03, 2012, 09:55:50 PM
Wow, I've never seen that before!

where have you been, Doug...living under a rock??

Bryan   :slap:  :D

It induced amnesia from the other eleventy billion times it's been posted on EVERY Mopar website. 

Paul G

I dont care for it at all. Just looks bad, too short, too fat, just ugly.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

bull

If I had to choose between driving this Superbird/Challenger abomination and eating a crap sandwich, I'm not sure what I would do.

You'd think they would have at least gone with the Dodge namebrand instead of Plymouth. But I guess if you're going to spend gobs of money screwing something up you might as well put 100% into it.

404NOTFOUND

Horrible. I've seen a few of those in person at the Woodward Cruise for a couple of years now. Worst thing is that it takes away from those who have original Daytonas/Superbirds or even clones. Hard enough now explaining your car to the current generation without those things crashing the party.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

greenpigs

You guys are harsh...I would drive it everyday, if it was free. :yesnod:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Surf Charger

Yeah I never said it looked good. I just wondered if anyone had seen it.  :icon_smile_big:

1969 Dodge Charger R/T

Dream Charger: 1969 Dodge Charger R/T 426 HEMI

UH60L

On the one hand, at least they didn't build them out of the 4 door sedan that's currently being sold.

On the other hand, they should have gone farther.....real indents in the door instead of something stuck on, a daytona front end instead of a superbird one, go ahead and make it longer....like as long as a real one (heck it might morph into what "the new charger" should have been, could be in the future...).

If I win the lottery, I'll buy one and stick it in storage, because in 50 years they will be really rare like real daytonas and superbirds are now (though probably not worth as much....).  Maybe an investment for my kids though......

At least someone tried to make a real modern daytona and superbird, so I'll give them cool points for at least trying.  The rest of us just sit around complaining or e-mailing/mailing dodge.  They went ahead and made a car.  Good for them.   :cheers: :popcrn:

Aussie R/T

Quote from: bull on January 04, 2012, 04:58:53 AM
If I had to choose between driving this Superbird/Challenger abomination and eating a crap sandwich, I'm not sure what I would do.

You'd think they would have at least gone with the Dodge namebrand instead of Plymouth. But I guess if you're going to spend gobs of money screwing something up you might as well put 100% into it.

This flies pretty close to a story I read a few years ago about a Superbird cruise when one guy hears a trucky telling his mate to check out the Daytona's.At least dyslexia could explain that one.lol

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

A383Wing