News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 R/T SE parts car - Should I buy it.

Started by Surf Charger, January 08, 2012, 01:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surf Charger

So I have the opportunity to pick up a wrecked '69 Charger R/T SE that sat outside for 20 years. Originally red with white stripe and white vinyl

Body Type:   X  =  Dodge Charger
Price Class:   S  =  Special
Body Type:   29  =  2 Door Sports Hardtop
Engine:   L  =  440 375HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Year:   9  =  1969

Seems to have been loaded with a lot.....tic toc tac (still in perfect shape), rear defrost, A/C, vinyl roof, etc. Its been sitting outside for 20 years. Body is wasted....was wrecked years ago...hit in th efront fender. Floors are completely eaten through. Roof, rear deck...pretty much every line is eat up with rust. 

Only thing salvageable is the internals...440 engine (hasn't run for 20 years) and transmission (auto), rear axle, dash cluster, outer chrome is in good shape, glass for all windows is still good, A/C components, rear bumper, doors, rear defrost....other than that...really not much left at all. Guy wants $2000. He will not sell individual parts to me...wants to get rid of the whole thing. Its sitting on rims. I may be able to get for $1500. The car was pretty loaded at one point in time.

Is this worth getting for parting out?

Daytona R/T SE

If it has the original engine/tranny and they're rebuildable...

I would have already given him the $2000

Where is it ?  :shruggy:

1974dodgecharger

parts alone thats worth alot of money. Do you know how much the front grill aloen goes for??? those go for a couple grand easy if it has the hideaway lights that is.

If not too wreck I would of bought it myself wow for 2k come on now.....

Mikesmoparperformance

$2000 :o buy it! Parts cost more! :cheers: And buy anothter 69 and then rebuilt the car with the VIN that's what I would do. A car with so many options is not good for a parts car!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

1969chargerrtse

Wow sounds like it was a beautiful car.  If I owned a body shop I would do a nice slow body swap without telling anyone and put that baby back on the road. :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 08, 2012, 02:04:36 AM
parts alone thats worth alot of money. Do you know how much the front grill aloen goes for??? those go for a couple grand easy if it has the hideaway lights that is.

If not too wreck I would of bought it myself wow for 2k come on now.....
Not at todays prices they don't bring a couple grand.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

djcarguy

rebody and vin swap ,,,,,,,,are the first few replys????     what bout pics and have some one who knows cars and body work check it out to see if 69 rt/se is restorable???     but no lets just swap vins or rebody????????????

Daytona R/T SE

Where is it?  :shruggy:

It might have everything I need...

mauve66

no daytona parts here, move along.....................................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: mauve66 on January 08, 2012, 10:49:15 AM
no daytona parts here, move along.....................................

::) ::) ::)

:slap:

OK, So...Where is the car ?

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Davtona

Quote from: Mikesmoparperformance on January 08, 2012, 07:02:52 AM
And buy anothter 69 and then rebuilt the car with the VIN that's what I would do.
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 08, 2012, 08:57:55 AM
If I owned a body shop I would do a nice slow body swap without telling anyone and put that baby back on the road. :icon_smile_big:

:o

Ghoste

Wow sounds like it was a beautiful car.  If I owned a body shop I would do a nice slow body swap without telling anyone and put that baby back on the road. :icon_smile_big:

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :pullinghair: :flame:

Scaregrabber

With the AMD parts available now that car sounds like it is probably restoreable. Like was said above, I would have purchased it already.

Sheldon

Surf Charger

Snapped some pics. They are blurry b/c my flash was screwed up and it was close to dark.....I'm picking it up this week.

Ghoste

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on January 08, 2012, 01:26:07 PM
Wow sounds like it was a beautiful car. If I owned a body shop I would do a nice slow body swap without telling anyone and put that baby back on the road. :icon_smile_big:

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :pullinghair: :flame:
Yeah, what goes on behind close doors stays behind close doors.

Wow, what a shame. If it was a four speed car I'd be a little more compassionate but I'm gonna side on parts car.  :rotz:

tan top

:o    not as bad as i was expecting :scratchchin: from looking at the pictures  !!

go get it  :yesnod:

if i was 20 years younger , and had the dough  ,  & with all the repop parts out there now i would restore that  :yesnod:
even if it takes you 20 years  :Twocents:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

There's at least as much or more than what Lee 1 and the XP Hemi started with.

Surf Charger

Quote from: tan top on January 08, 2012, 07:05:30 PM
:o    not as bad as i was expecting :scratchchin: from looking at the pictures  !!

go get it  :yesnod:

if i was 20 years younger ,  & with all the repop parts out there now i would restore that  :yesnod:
even if it takes you 20 years  :Twocents:

Yeah I'm picking it up this week. I would LOVE to restore it...would take some closer inspection to see whats underneath. I bet it was gorgeous back in the day. Too bad it was never covered up as its been sitting outside under pine trees for 21 years.

Daytona R/T SE

I call first dibs on the engine,tranny, all the A/C stuff along with all the engine pullies, brackets, manifolds,etc...

Maybe I'll just buy the whole thing from you...

Where are you?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1974dodgecharger

the front gril area is in great shape that alone is worth it, very few pop up on ebay and if they they command lots of money.

greenpigs

Ouch

Some of it dose not look that bad & some time on a rack to straighten it MIGHT be worth the expense.

I would not right it off as a parts car just yet.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free