News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which brand of roller cam?

Started by Hudson Hornet !, September 30, 2011, 07:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudson Hornet !

I have a nice little 431 stroker with edelbrock heads, and I would like to switch to a hydraulic roller cam. I have been looking at comp and lunati, but I don't know what I should be looking for.  The car is a 4-speed with 3.91 gears.  Any help would be appriciated.
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

Chryco Psycho

I have been using Lunati , they have a new line of Street Hyd Rollers available in the VooDoo series , youhave to call them as they are nto in the latest catalog

Hudson Hornet !

Thanks, this will be my first roller setup and i am having a hard time knowing what to pick. Are there any baseline suggestions of a grind that will work for my combination?  Serious street, and some strip time in the future.
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

Chryco Psycho

240*-250 duration @ .050 with as much lift as possible without collapsing the lifters , cl probably 110 for street strip with headers , you could look at 108*
Lunati can help you get the right grind just call their Tech line

Brads70

I just b
ought this from Lunati( 60312) for a 451" stroker I will be building over the winter.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/360281130527?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Challenger340

I would like to see some ACTUAL Hydraulic Roller Dyno Sheets, backing up any HP/Trq claims relative to the rpm ranges tested in ?

I have tested quite a few, and I still cannot justify the Costs Vrs some so-called "lowly" a Solid Flat Tappet Cams I've selected, especially against any Lunati Hyd Rollers with Lunati(Eaton) HR Lifters ?
I'll share mine if others will share theirs ?
I'm especially concerned with the 'break-up" above 4500rpm in the HR's, which relegates them to taking a back seat to many FT Solids for power & torque ?

I gotta be doing something wrong here ? Be damned if I can figure it out ?
I've talked to the so-called cam "Tech Guys" until I'm blue in the face, usually silence.....then...."well,... Yeah".

Maybe it's just the Marketing "mantra" people want, to be able to say "Roller" like it's Gawds gift or something ?
IMO,
If a Guys gonna "Roller", just go "Street" Mechanical Roller, stabilize the lash, call it a day.

Does anyone here actually ENGINE DYNO the Engines they are sticking these HR Cams into ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Chryco Psycho

My dyno sheets are very limited as in so far we have built 1 340 stroker with a hyd roller & no dyno sheet , I have always recommended the "lowly" flat tappet solids with good oil for approx 1/2 the cost , if you really want a roller go solid roller & adjust the lash

hemigeno

Quote from: Challenger340 on October 09, 2011, 01:17:55 PM
Does anyone here actually ENGINE DYNO the Engines they are sticking these HR Cams into ?

:wave:   'Been posted for over 2 years now...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,64073.0.html

Chryco Psycho

The only advantage I can see to a Hyd roller is you will not wipe the cam , the lifter is still limited by the spring load & will collapse with significant load/ lift , my preference is a solid flat tappet at 1/2 the cost or a mild solid roller if you have to have a roller