News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another episode of nice car but.....

Started by 1970Moparmann, January 05, 2012, 08:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Saw that last night, looks super nice.

What are your issues with the car? Just curious...

69bronzeT5

Wrong stripe is the only thing that bugs me. Other than that the lack of engine pictures and the starting bid of $65,000! :o
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1970Moparmann

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 05, 2012, 09:23:49 PM
Wrong stripe is the only thing that bugs me. Other than that the lack of engine pictures and the starting bid of $65,000! :o

Real nice car, but...

-$65k

-Appraised at $72k?

-Doesn't look like original paint

-Lack of details.

-Lack of engine compartment pictures.

I would second guess any original parts and the general description says.

I feel if you are trying to sell something, put some effort into it, especially if your going to ask $65k for it.   

The car is beautiful.  I would really like to know who appraised it for $72k.   Current market, I think it is priced $20k too much.   Just my  :Twocents:

bill440rt

Yeah, wrong stripe is kinda killin' it. The ad is not very descriptive, especially for a car with a $65K starting bid.

But, I wonder if it's a true R/T?? VIN # is not listed. And, having A/C AND power windows??? Nice options for sure. The paint, vinyl top, & glass look pretty nice.

Anyone else notice the drip pan under the car while sitting in the driveway??  :scratchchin:
And, there's a lower corner rear window stainless piece also missing.

Looks like a decent car overall, but the work isn't done yet.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

PA Dodger

Did anyone notice the upper door pads look pretty hokey? :eek2:
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

1970Moparmann

I hate being the guy that looks at these ads and be negative, but, I don't like people that do the "smoke and mirrors" thing.  Maybe I'm just to honest.....

Looking at the feedback page, he also bought side marker lights for the car? 

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice car, but to many flags for asking $65k.  Hell,  someone give me $65k for my 68 which has all the proof of what was done on this site, and it's gone!

PA Dodger

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 05, 2012, 11:02:49 PM
I hate being the guy that looks at these ads and be negative

It's not a deal where you're being too negative. IMO, there is a dollar figure where a car goes from" It's a nice car with a few things wrong" to "for $65k it better be correct". I can overlook the wrong stripe on a $20K car. When the car hits $40K you better have your sh*! together.

Budnicks

Quote from: PA Dodger on January 05, 2012, 11:14:48 PM

It's not a deal where you're being too negative. IMO, there is a dollar figure where a car goes from" It's a nice car with a few things wrong" to "for $65k it better be correct". I can overlook the wrong stripe on a $20K car. When the car hits $40K you better have your sh*! together.
Amen brother
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

PocketThunder

Quote from: PA Dodger on January 05, 2012, 11:14:48 PM

How do you even get the stripe out of the box, test fit it to the car and not see that the stripe obviously follows the contour of the deck lid at the bottom?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Vainglory, Esq.

I hate how he couldn't be bothered to pull it more than 5 feet out of the garage to get comprehensive pictures.  A little effort?

Budnicks

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on January 05, 2012, 11:57:46 PM
I hate how he couldn't be bothered to pull it more than 5 feet out of the garage to get comprehensive pictures.  A little effort?
Yep it kind of make you wonder, if he's trying to hide something...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

RallyeMike

The price alone tells you he's not in the land of reality. Not even worth reading anything else.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Dino

Quote from: PA Dodger on January 05, 2012, 10:19:46 PM

Damn!  He just covered the whole thing with vinyl??  That's just plain wrong.

The dash is original alright, faded gauges and a/c control buttons.  I think I may want those to look all nice and purdy for $65K.

What's that silver bell shaped thing under the ashtray?  There's something on the radio bezel as well I don't recognize

Could be a trick of the light but the rear valance doesn't seem straight.

It would be a nice car with some effort but he may be asking about $40K too much.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

b5blue

Inside the trunk, the paint seems to be B7? No shots of chassis, engine bay or even the grill? Who did the appraisal...his Mom?  :lol:

Back N Black

For 65K it should be perfect. Maybe he doesn't want to sell, but wife says it has to go.That's why the price is high and lack of effort on the pics.

nvrbdn

it is a very nice looking car. high price. im not a huge fan of the blue interior, but thats just me. i'd like white inside of that car. and if you didnt do everything else exactly original (as previously mentioned) i would have changed the interior color. :Twocents:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Rolling_Thunder

I live in Torrance...    never seen this car around...       Way too much asking price for that car though...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

PA Dodger

Hmmm...There is a Torrance State Hospital not too far from me. It's a funny farm. What room you in? I'll visit some time. :smilielol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrance_State_Hospital

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Dino on January 06, 2012, 07:50:08 AM
Quote from: PA Dodger on January 05, 2012, 10:19:46 PM

Damn!  He just covered the whole thing with vinyl??  That's just plain wrong.

The dash is original alright, faded gauges and a/c control buttons.  I think I may want those to look all nice and purdy for $65K.

What's that silver bell shaped thing under the ashtray?  There's something on the radio bezel as well I don't recognize

Could be a trick of the light but the rear valance doesn't seem straight.

Radio face plate has rear speaker fader control knob.

Is the car uu1?

It would be a nice car with some effort but he may be asking about $40K too much.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............