News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The most bizarre place you have discovered an old Mopar?

Started by Ghoste, January 02, 2012, 02:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

New Years ponderings so here is a question for anyone who has ever discovered a cool old Mopar whether by accident or purposely poking around in search of, what is the most unusual, bizarre or strangest place you ever found an old Mopar?

billssuperbird

i found a superbird in a yard parked next to a fenced that had a pet deer in it. :ahum:

TheAutoArchaeologist

Found cars in an old Church.  A old school gymnasium.

Best is still the old oil tank or something.

Ryan

vancamp

most of the ones i have found are in the woods, pasture ot barn. did see a viper in a guys den once though.

TheGhost

Heard about a duster, I think, in an old missle silo a few years back.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

doctor4766

I once travelled 100kms to look at a Charger on a farm and bought it.
The actual bizarre part of it is that it turned out to be a guy I shared a house with nearly 25 years ago.
Gotta love a '69

Cooter

Bizarre? Not really I guess, but I found the '69 Charger R/T I had looked for from my youth about 5 min. from my house I live in now...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

71charger_fan

There used to be a yellow '70 Barracuda parked on a side street in the Doqqi neighborhood of Giza, across the Nile from downtown Cairo, back in '06 and a red '72 to '74 Challenger parked on a side street of the Ma'adi suburb south of the city at about the same time.

69bronzeT5

I found a 1971 'Cuda on top of a body shop once. Yes....on the roof!!! When I first saw it, it was a complete shell. A few years later, they cut the tail light panel out of it. Last I heard, somebody bought it to restore so it makes me wonder if it was a Six Pack or maybe even a Hemi car. I never saw it up close, just from the street.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TheAutoArchaeologist

Iceyone

68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

69_500

Found a 68 Charger in a field next to a fence. Not that odd you say. Until you find out it was about ten miles outside of Chiangmai Thailand.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

69_500

Yes in Thailand. It was at the edge of a rice paddy field next to a concrete wall. I will see if I can find the pictures of it. I know I posted some on the old site the day I found it. It was in 2004.