News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Professional grade battery chargers

Started by Ghoste, January 04, 2012, 12:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

What are you guys preferring for a heavy duty sort of battery charger?  I DON'T mean a trickle charger or a bench top unit but one of the stand up type with wheels.  Looking for something that can handle 6 and 12 volt systems and not a Harbor Freight cheapie either.  By the same token I also don't need to hand Snap On a premium for the privilege of having one with their name on it.

bill440rt

Ghoste, I picked up a Craftsman one a few years back. Stand-up roller type. Does 6v & 12v systems.
Has different charge rates, battery tester, jump start mode, etc. Works very well, and was affordable, too.
:Twocents:

For long term or winter storage, I use a multi-port Battery Tender to charge multiple batteries at the same time.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Yeah, the storage stuff I have covered but this is for a more immediate type of need with a wide variety of cars.  Thanks Bill.