News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just wanted to say hi

Started by Steve@BentonMotorsports, January 04, 2012, 01:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve@BentonMotorsports

I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I registered last night now that I am an owner of a charger. I traded a a t56 rebuild for a 74 charger column shift bench seat car. he believes it a 318 but who knows. he bought it for a big block drag car build but had kids and never did anything with it. The interior is stripped except for the dash but he has it all. The rear floor boards are non-existent and needs lower quarter patches. Trunk is in great shape and rest of the car except for passenger fender that has dents. The car is completely sanded and no bondo. Good door panels and plastics, mint rear seat. The motor has aftermarket intake carb and aluminum M/T valve covers. The car also comes with a a big block and 727 transmission.

I run my own business. I live in Marietta , Ga . I love GM vehicles but appreciate all makes and models.

95 Firebird Formula project

74 Charger definate project

1969chargerrtse

Hi from another GM lover that owns a charger. You'll learn a lot here and make many friends.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

nvrbdn

welcome to the site. i used to live down there in acworth back in the 80's. pic's please :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

b5blue

:wave: Welcome! (To the dark side!) You'll find parts are much more costly and or harder to find them GM stuff, but the rewards are greater as you progress!  :lol:

Steve@BentonMotorsports

These pics are before he sanded it and stripped the interior out.

Thanks for the welcome. I havent decided which way I am going to take this project yet.

hemi68charger

Welcome Steve.......... Good luck on the future plans with the Charger and enjoy !!   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Steve@BentonMotorsports

yeah i like looking at it after he blasted it do it showed everything. the car comes with a new rear floor pan and lower quarter patches. thought about buying a wrecked new challenger and custom swap what I can. or build the bb and the rest of the car.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Budnicks

Welcome Steve, to the DC.com forum, from sunny NorCal... It looks like a fun project
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Steve@BentonMotorsports

yeah it will be. I havent played with dodge much. My father had a 69 road runner with 440 six pack and 4 sp I was planning on working on but when he died my half brother traded it for $500 worth of drugs. I never knew him but had a will that magically disappeared leaving it to me. But his wife and her kids had different plans.

Im looking at a 69 firebird I might be getting also so it will be fun to see how they turn out. Nice modern Ls in the bird and I am thinking a nice modern 6.1 in the charger.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nvrbdn

69 firebird will be a cool car to redo also. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

projectanimal

Welcome!   :2thumbs:
good choice of cars too!   :cheers:
northwest CT

FlatbackFanatic

Welcome!! At least you have a start, it will be alot of work, but it will be well worth it!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Steve@BentonMotorsports

yeah I am a gear head by heart. my wife says when i get moved into a shop she will never see me. I told her sure she will i will need food delivered. yeah that didnt go too well lol

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Paul G

Welcome. This is a great place (but a time waster) to hang. Lots of info on here. Lots of great people as well. Before I start a new project on my 72 I always come here and research it first. A really big help.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Steve@BentonMotorsports

yeah I looked around before I joined and it seemed a good site so here i am.

by the if anyone needs parts a guy about 30-40 north of me is parting a bunch 71-74 b-bodies

skip68

Welcome to the site Steve.    :cheers: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

It's all been said so I'm just going to say welcome.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Steve@BentonMotorsports

greenpigs

Lots of fiberglass parts for that year Charger.

A 1969 Firebird would be a cool DD build. I hate to say it but a LS1 swap would be perfect for that car.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Steve@BentonMotorsports

Quote from: greenpigs on January 04, 2012, 09:40:03 PM
Lots of fiberglass parts for that year Charger.

A 1969 Firebird would be a cool DD build. I hate to say it but a LS1 swap would be perfect for that car.

yeah the guy was telling me about all the aftermarket parts.

I dont feel bad about doing the ls swap on the bird because its just a roller. I was thinking a forged LS6 or 7 with blower and the newer 6 sp auto.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Steve@BentonMotorsports

Quote from: skip68 on January 04, 2012, 10:06:39 PM
Now you're talking.   :2thumbs:

by the way i love your car in the sig. I grew up helping work on one. then i found out a about 9 years ago his gf didnt like how it looked and he let her paint it Porsche red. then a year later she made him sell it for $7000. Then she left him. I told him he was an idiot because it was a fully documented car. It had been in his family since the early 80's.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Steve@BentonMotorsports

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Steve@BentonMotorsports