News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel pump question

Started by charger Downunder, December 29, 2011, 11:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger Downunder

On my 440 six pack i am running a  standard 440 fuel pump that is used on a four barrel it has been on the car for over 30 years now will it make a difference if i switch over to the stock 440 six pump fuel pump. I picked up an Airtex 4845 fuel pump and pushrod just wondering if i should bother to do the change over before the old fuel pump dies.
[/quote]

hemigeno

I'd be more concerned about the age of your existing fuel pump than what model it is.  30 years is a long time for the rubber pump diaphragm to be soaking in gasoline   :o

Since you already have the pump and pushrod on hand, I'd definitely do the swap-out and consider it a pre-emptive strike... I'd rather do such work in my garage than on the shoulder of a road somewhere.  Done enough of that sort of thing already.

:cheers:

maxwellwedge

Carter 4845 is the best new choice.

I have original pumps on a bunch of cars and they are still spitting benzine.....maybe I'm just lucky.....hope I didn't curse myself!  :o