News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do they make a whole car "nut & bolt" Kit?

Started by ctmoparman, January 02, 2012, 01:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctmoparman

I know some of you are laughing at me but when I stripped down my 68 I put all the nuts & bolts in cans without lids.  Well when my shed colapsed ON the car ALL the cans filled with water and some tipped over and went under the shed.  So I have LOTS of missing bolts and the rest are rusted to hell.  So I HOPE I can get kits.  I would like to start putting the car back together.
Thanks again and progress pics will be posted when I start back up on it.
1968 Charger, 383 4bbl, 4 speed. Matching numbers

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Finn

Id wire brush your old bolts, take pictures of what you have next to some rulers, and post those pictures. The members on here should be able to help identify them.

Personally, Ive taken the windows/grille/fenders/bumpers on and off enough times to know those bolts by feel in my sleep...
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

1969chargerrtse

I bought a front end bolt kit somewhere.  Problem is they are never factory correct.  Just bolts that work and fit.  Go as original as you can.  That story sucks.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

HeavyFuel

Here's a book written by a couple of mopar-heads covering all of the nuts, bolts etc....    Don't know if you can still get it.

http://www.mmcdetroit.com/Market_Place/B_body_Dodge/

BlueSS454

www.amkproducts.com  I'm not sure what all they have for Chrysler cars (I know they have some), but they have just about every bolt for a GM car and they do share some of the same.
Tom Rightler

dodgey68

why not take all the nuts bolts and stuff down to ya chrome platers(or what ever the eqivilent is over there,usa) and have then dipped/cleaned and zinc coated, good as new and there your original nuts bolt  :shruggy:
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

Quote from: dodgey68 on January 03, 2012, 04:13:57 AM
why not take all the nuts bolts and stuff down to ya chrome platers(or what ever the eqivilent is over there,usa) and have then dipped/cleaned and zinc coated, good as new and there your original nuts bolt  :shruggy:

That's what I did to most of my hardware, probably more expensive then buying new bolts but you at least retain the originals and they come up pretty good. Luckily I labeled everything and took photos so I was able to sort it all out once done. You can plan on losing a few along the way so take pics of everything in-case something goes missing you'll know what it is.

Agreed that story sucks, in more ways then one. Good luck and hope it all works out for you.

greasyspider

2nd AMK products.  I got the chassis and engine kit.  Not perfect. but close enough.   :2thumbs:
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

Lennard

Wildcat autowrecking in Oregon sells 5 Gallon buckets with Mopar bolts from parted out cars.

http://www.wildcatmopars.com/index.html

66FBCharger

Quote from: Lennard on January 03, 2012, 12:24:59 PM
Wildcat autowrecking in Oregon sells 5 Gallon buckets with Mopar bolts from parted out cars.

http://www.wildcatmopars.com/index.html
How much for a 5 gallon bucket? How much would it cost to ship?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

model maker

Can you get under the shed ? if not, can you get some kind of big magnet on a string under there ? if you can, then maybe your magnet can save some of those.
Bert :popcrn:
MODEL MAKER

Lennard

Quote from: 66FBCharger on January 03, 2012, 12:39:09 PM
Click on the link, give them a call and ask. :scratchchin:

66FBCharger

Quote from: Lennard on January 04, 2012, 02:25:36 AM
Quote from: 66FBCharger on January 03, 2012, 12:39:09 PM
Click on the link, give them a call and ask. :scratchchin:
I'll do that.
i just figured maybe you had bought a bucket and would know the price.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Lennard

Quote from: 66FBCharger on January 04, 2012, 12:11:39 PM
I'll do that.
i just figured maybe you had bought a bucket and would know the price.
No, sorry.