News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

broken off spark plug

Started by badass, January 01, 2012, 01:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badass

sparkplug twisted off right in head #1 Cly. planing on using large easy out I think 3/8 hope I don't have to take the whole head off.No need to drill. A 3/8 tap seems to fit good just need reverse threads .Must be damn tight taking off ex. manifold and power steering to make some room.I'm thinking after I get it out I can start it up and blow any debris out spark plug hole.I got the rest of the plugs out easy ? :scratchchin:
mopars best **** the rest

nvrbdn

if any debries goes inside that cylinder, i wouldnt want to try to blow it out of the spark plug hole.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

elacruze

No No No.

The bits that would get inside are ceramic and hard metal, and will kill your cylinder walls, and potentially your pistons and valves.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

flyinlow

Quote from: elacruze on January 01, 2012, 06:29:03 PM
No No No.

The bits that would get inside are ceramic and hard metal, and will kill your cylinder walls, and potentially your pistons and valves.

I agree, unless you have access to a bore-a-scope and can be 100% sure everything is out of the cylinder before you crank the engine, you will probably have to pull the head.

elacruze

I did see a guy once successfully remove debris with a shop-vac and a piece of clear tubing with some duct tape on the nozzle lol. But you must have a borescope to be certain.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.