News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check out my '70 Road runner resto pics

Started by Big Lebowski, January 22, 2006, 04:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Lebowski

Nice new front brake lines... :popcrn:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Big Lebowski

When fitting the new brake lines, I see that the new Master Power disc brakes kit has the proportioning valve right under the master cylinder, but the factory disc brake cars had those valves down by the frame...So, do I buy the new factory style proportioning valves? Or just hook up the non stock style Master Power brakes valve? What do you guys think? 
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Rolling_Thunder

on the frame looks ALOT better    :Twocents:   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

tan top

more good stuff going on there  :yesnod: ...........  hmm  :scratchchin:  i would use the proportioning  valve form master power brakes ... as that is what  they  recomend with their set up  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Big Lebowski

I better think about this, I'm guessing the factory brake safety valve goes back on the frame (for both drum & disc), but the Master Power brake proportioning valve has an elec. connection.

gordo1968charger

jack daniels,there is no substitute!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:
many an ugly bird had sex,cos of jack daniels. :cheers:
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Rolling_Thunder

random question -   what paint did you use for the Road Runner ?  and what is the color ?  B5 blue I assume but what is the paint code from the manufacturer ?    :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Big Lebowski

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on August 24, 2008, 02:00:40 AM
random question -   what paint did you use for the Road Runner ?  and what is the color ?  B5 blue I assume but what is the paint code from the manufacturer ?    :shruggy:

The good stuff, PPG Metallic B-5 blue (2 stage, I believe), somebody has the link to the '70 paint charts, they'll post it when they read this.

Big Lebowski

The latest progress pics, I'm working on installing the new emergency brake cables. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

And all you brake experts, if you've been following the proportioning valve discussion, check this out. I'm mounting the valve down on the frame, but I'm wondering about the 2" headers, & if the heat will affect it?. Whatta ya think?

The70RT

Quote from: Big Lebowski on August 26, 2008, 09:46:13 PM
  And all you brake experts, if you've been following the proportioning valve discussion, check this out. I'm mounting the valve down on the frame, but I'm wondering about the 2" headers, & if the heat will affect it?. Whatta ya think?

I would say no since I ran headers and never hada prob. You selling it anyway arent you?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Big Lebowski

Quote from: The70RT on August 26, 2008, 09:48:41 PM

I would say no since I ran headers and never hada prob. You selling it anyway arent you?

Yep, but I have to make sure it stops first. :D

The70RT

Quote from: Big Lebowski on August 26, 2008, 09:52:54 PM
Quote from: The70RT on August 26, 2008, 09:48:41 PM

Yep, but I have to make sure it stops first. :D

:2thumbs:     :laugh:

Big Lebowski

All of the back bumper brackets & lights are on, even a new licence plate light lense. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

So next we bolted the beautiful new chrome back bumper on the Roadrunner, here's a few pics. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

A few more bumper pics. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

The70RT

gordo1968charger

68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Big Lebowski

Here's the latest eye candy. The front headlight & radiator support area has the factory style flat black paint job. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

Next, the headlight buckets. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

Of course pressing in the new headlight hardware was fun. :RantExplode: Anyway much later, here's the headlights in. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

A shiny new Chrysler pin, not the stick on kind, the old pin style. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

I like the P.G. classic front fender trim pieces for '70 Roadrunners, they fit good. :popcrn:

The70RT