News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check out my '70 Road runner resto pics

Started by Big Lebowski, January 22, 2006, 04:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Lebowski

Quote from: 4speed on July 22, 2008, 12:12:14 AM
you do good work keep the pics coming :2thumbs:

Thanks, I enjoy sharing these pics with everybody, I really like the detail in Sandys Garage pics also. :2thumbs:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

tan top

nice work..... keep the pictures coming  dude .....    :2thumbs:                      ........:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

gordo1968charger

Quote from: greenpigs on January 22, 2006, 09:08:58 AM
Quote from: NorwayCharger on January 22, 2006, 07:59:24 AM
Hey, nice project you have there.
70RR are one of my favorites ;)
Can enyone here tell me who sells the inner fender rubber patch that fills the two opening i have drawn on this pic?
what partnr.?

I believe those access panels are metal, on my Charger 2 on the area are covered by steel plates, I am missing the 2 closest to the firewall.
mine are metal too and i m missing the 2 nearest the firewall as well!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

moparstuart

Quote from: Big Lebowski on July 21, 2008, 11:52:47 PM
Check out another $1000 big ticket item, all new wiring harnesses. Including a new dash harness, new headlight harness, new engine (440-6) harness, and a sweet rear light harness...
check and double check all the sockets in the rear tail lamp harness . Just bought one for my convertible and the sockets short out and are junk . Ended up putting three of my old sockets on the new harness!  :Twocents:  It was shorting out my whole turn signal system . and really dim on the passenger side taillamps . One of my back up lamps is on all the time also still working that one out .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

I agree with Stuart. The new harness from Year One for my 70 Chal convert had issues. There were ends that had not been stripped back before the terminals were crimped into place. They were the ends that snapped into the bulkhead connector. Those were a bear to track down.
New doesn't mean good anymore and made in America ain't what it used to be.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

six-tee-nine

I especially want to congatulate you on your detailed work on this car.
I always enjoy watching your new progress pictures and I must say, every piece you restore looks like a top shelf piece, cant wait to see you get to the point of putting that 440/6 in place
:2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

69*F5*SE

Still lookin' good. Keep it coming.   :2thumbs:

CB

Dude, are you keeping the RR after it is finished or do you already have plans for a new project?
Just curious, you know... :scratchchin:
I loved your (ex) 70 440-6pack  :drool5:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Big Lebowski

Quote from: CB on July 23, 2008, 03:38:04 PM
Dude, are you keeping the RR after it is finished or do you already have plans for a new project?
Just curious, you know... :scratchchin:
I loved your (ex) 70 440-6pack  :drool5:
CB

Hey CB,
     We're planning on selling the Roadrunner after I do a few burnouts & work the bugs out of it. 2 reasons really, 1st, we're in this Roadrunner for alot of $$$ & 2nd, this car will be a super clean trailer queen, so we'll let the next owner get it dirty. I have changed my ways, I used to prefer drivers & Horsepower over paint & body.
      Next project? Back in '83 I had a '69 Coronet 500 (3 tail-light version), & I'd like to find another one. And I just happen to have a running '68 383 & a 23 spline looking for a car to fit in.

***About the new harnesses & the tailights dimming, a bad ground can do funny things to new or old harnesses. I once had a '70 383 Charger & when I turned on the headlights...the right hood turn signal would come on...It turned out to be a bad ground on one of the front right turn signals.***
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

hemi-hampton

Would you be able to recoup your funds you got Invested in this Roadrunner if you sell? LEON.

CB

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 23, 2008, 11:58:58 PM
Would you be able to recoup your funds you got Invested in this Roadrunner if you sell? LEON.

yes I was thinking the same....

You'll still be driving a Mopar, right?
:cheers: CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

hemi-hampton

No Comment, I guess I asked the wrong Question? :scratchchin:

MoparManJim

Glad I found this thread, I love the restro photos. You do good work indeed.  :coolgleamA:   

Jim

CB

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 25, 2008, 10:48:56 PM

don't worry, Lebowski will answer when he comes online.
He could be in is cabin in the hills, having a nice BBQ and drink  :cheers:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Big Lebowski

Quote from: CB on July 26, 2008, 05:33:14 AM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 25, 2008, 10:48:56 PM

don't worry, Lebowski will answer when he comes online.
He could be in is cabin in the hills, having a nice BBQ and drink  :cheers:
CB

I'm here, CB guessed it, he knows I'm the weekend mountain hillbilly type.

Anyway Hemi-Hampton, I think we'll make our money back + a few bucks. Mainly because of the level of detail & documentation of everything being brand new & beyond rust free. The high $$$ Mopar buyers just love this attention to detail with every part being new or restored to factory condition. To tell you the truth, when you rotisserie a car like this, it's the extra effort that counts, from the new tail lights to the new sheet metal, etc,. We're thinking this Roadrunner should sell itself.
   But Hemi Hampton, you're right about one thing, we can't count the tons of hours of labor that we (Red Bull) & I have put in this car. If we paid ourselves for the labor costs, we would have to ask a million for it. :D

Big Lebowski

Here's the latest pics, a new wiper motor. It's just sweet eye candy. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

The next few pics are the dash plastic pieces getting restored to the new factory B-7 blue. The Roadrunner itself is all B-5 blue, but all of the dash area was B-7 blue. So here we started with blue, green & black dash pieces. First you clean the dash pieces with soap & water, then clean them again with the PLASTIC PREP, & then spray on the SAND FREE, then quickly spray on a light coat of B-7 before the SAND FREE dries. After that we re coated all the pieces 5 or 6 times. Here's a few pics...

Big Lebowski

The defrost vents are installed and they look sweet. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

Now for the good stuff, we laid out the serious $$$ for the P.G. Classics dash set, and it looks really sweet next to the B-7 plastic dash pieces. :popcrn:

C_stripes

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

hemi-hampton

Yeah, It all looks pretty good. Good job :2thumbs: LEON.

69*F5*SE

Doing a fantastic job, Keep it coming.   :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

We got a few things installed this weekend, like the wiper motor arms.

Big Lebowski

More wiper arms. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

Next we installed the firewall insulation pads. :popcrn: