News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check out my '70 Road runner resto pics

Started by Big Lebowski, January 22, 2006, 04:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mean 318

Ouch... I didnt kow B-5 was soo spensive! I guess I need to save my pennys. Looks nice!

69bronzeT5

wow....well my car is deffintley gonna be cheaper than that :lol:, we have about a 10k budget.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Lowprofile

Car looks Amazing Bro! Can't wait to see the finished product. :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Back N Black

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:...

That's a great looking puddle there...   :smilielol:

Looks fantastic man! you must have a huge grin everytime you think of how that things gonna pop at a show...
more pics soon i hope..

hemi68charger

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 17, 2007, 10:19:52 AM
    :scratchchin:...

That's a great looking puddle there...   :smilielol:

Looks fantastic man! you must have a huge grin everytime you think of how that things gonna pop at a show...
more pics soon i hope..

The puddle is from the photographer and his joy of looking a such a fantastic lookin' 'Runner..........    :rofl:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

pettybird

it's about 18" short for me, but it's gorgeous   :icon_smile_big:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Big Lebowski

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on September 17, 2007, 03:58:34 PM
hey BL - see ya at the Fall Fling ?

Ya, I usually go to the Fall Fling, it's only 2 1/2 hr. drive for me.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Ricardo

The70RT

Nice job man :2thumbs: And for www.Sandysgarage.com ...this is another car put together without first istalling the suspension....I'm confused :-\
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rolling_Thunder

Hey Big - any new or finished photos of your road runner ???  I've been following the progress and curious if you ever got it done   :yesnod:

69Chrgr

Dam I love that car! Those RoadRunners just looks so kick ass! :yesnod: I need it in my shop. :yesnod:

red bull

Let me let you in on a little secret, I'm Captain Red Bull 1/2 owner with Lebowski on the Roadrunner project. I'm a virgin Mopar dude w/ a '70 Challenger 440. When we bought the Roadrunner to restore, knowing what I know now, we would have bought a V code car needing the same amount of work instead.
      So I'm taking fulll credit (what an idiot I was) for cleaning the bottom of that Roadrunner.  I scraped the bottom of that car untill it looked like new stainless steel. I credit Red Bull & Funyuns, that kept us going through the nights of hard work. I'll get some recent pics soon. :2thumbs:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

puttin this up top in the hope of gittin new pics...  :shruggy:  :popcrn:

G-man

Very nice RoadRunner.

That 512HP 440-six pack... is that stroked any bigger or thats the power u get from 440ci (which is a little over 100hp more than standard)?

1969chargerrtse

Wow  :o  Looks fantastic. Love the color.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Big Lebowski

Quote from: G-man on May 10, 2008, 08:05:29 PM
Very nice RoadRunner.

That 512HP 440-six pack... is that stroked any bigger or thats the power u get from 440ci (which is a little over 100hp more than standard)?

Here's the engine specs G-man.
  It's a 0.20 over 4.360 bore 440, 3.750 stroke, not stroked, steel crank, mech. solid camshaft(Lift) in. .495 exh. .518 (Duration) in. 301* exh. 305*, True roller timing set, Ross 10-1 pistons, 88cc heads, H beam rods, Int. balance. roller rockers, double molly rings, etc.

The 440 was on the Dyno, 512 HP @ 5500 RPM W/ 489 lbs. of torque. Thats with a single-plane intake & a 850 cfm carb. So I'm thinking that the 6-pack with its 1350 cfm will make even more HP than it did with the 850 cfm carb on the Dyno.   

I'm basically giving out this engine info because this '70 Roadrunner is an every nut & bolt rotisserie restored car, and it's the straightest rust free Roadrunner around. And of course it will be for sale someday.

My resto partner & I are looking for the cars next owner. Who wants to buy the most rust free Roadrunner on the planet.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Brock Samson

I do! but i need to see alot more pics first!  :shruggy:   :D

Brock Samson

how about some more pictures Bro?..  :shruggy:

Rolling_Thunder

Hey man, nice combo!    my little desktop dyno says 511hp and 487tq...   not bad eh ?   :2thumbs:

Big Lebowski

I'll get some pics up soon, the lastest progress is just the boring "in the trenches" stuff like getting the bumper brackets 100% rust free, primered, painted. We're working on the new stainless E-brake cables, new felts, weatherstrip, etc.
  There's tons of work in the parts like the window regulators, rollers, etc. Basically just cleaning, greasing, & assembling & ordering parts for the interior. We're spending some major bucks ($$$) at PG Classics & Legendary.  :eek2: