News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check out my '70 Road runner resto pics

Started by Big Lebowski, January 22, 2006, 04:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Lebowski

some fresh primer on the rear trunk rails...
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Mefirst

chargerkid

Big Lebowski...you need to hurry up with that restoration.   :icon_smile_big:  It looks great.  What an inspiration.  I think totally auto sells the cover pieces that you are looking for. 

I have a 70 RR airgrabber, 4 speed, 383, car that I am restoring this Spring.

A friend of mine has a 70 RR tooo.  He needs quarters and a trunk pan.  Do you recommend Goodmark?  Can I ask what thse parts cost?

Thank you,

Chargerkid

Big Lebowski

Quote from: chargerkid on February 02, 2006, 11:22:33 AM
Big Lebowski...you need to hurry up with that restoration.   :icon_smile_big:  It looks great.  What an inspiration.  I think totally auto sells the cover pieces that you are looking for. 

I have a 70 RR airgrabber, 4 speed, 383, car that I am restoring this Spring.

A friend of mine has a 70 RR tooo.  He needs quarters and a trunk pan.  Do you recommend Goodmark?  Can I ask what thse parts cost?

Thank you,

Chargerkid

Goodmarks shipper is a loser, both Qtrs. arrived with minor dents from a fork loader, but they paid $60 each panel to get a metal guy to fix them, and my buddy Dallas who looks like James Dean, fixed them no problem.
   The panels themselves are not perfect, but they are a nice thick gauge metal. Ebay has them everynight for $179 each, Goodmark offers them for $218 each.  Dude.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Highbanked Hauler

LOoks great man,you'll be drivin soon!!!
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Big Lebowski

Right now it's at a body shop for an estimate, that's the only way since the shop owner would do an estimate, he said he can't go by pics of it, he has to see the car for an estimate.

One body shop So. Cal Paint & Body said 12 to 15k or $75 per hour for everything.

Another shop quoted me $3500 for the metal work plus paint, maybe $3000 more. He said 50 hrs. Qtr. panels, 12 hrs. trunk floor, 12 hrs filling fender trim holes, all at $46 per hr. Maybe 78hrs all together + paint.

I'm more interested in getting the metal work done right, trying to go light on the bondo. So were still thinking about media blasting the bottom or re-undercoating it. Dunno. :shruggy:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Big Lebowski

Woo hoo. Finally got it media blasted. That took off 80% of the undercoating, but after some aircraft stripper and wire wheels, and alot of sweat, the bottom is getting very shiny and clean...Here's some pics

Big Lebowski

Big Lebowski

Big Lebowski

Very shiny bottom :icon_smile_big:

Big Lebowski

clean, clean, and clean it again.

Big Lebowski

Big Lebowski

Here's me. I wish I owned this cool car-lift, it makes resto life easy.

Brock Samson

he don't look nuttin like james dean...  :-\
cool car wish i caught this thread earlier..

Big Lebowski

My buddies Hot Rod shop has some cool hot rods, and lots of custom metal work going on. Here's Dallas, the guy who does some killer metal work

Big Lebowski

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 24, 2006, 12:42:47 AM
he don't look nuttin like james dean...  :-\
cool car wish i caught this thread earlier..

Are you sure, look again, he's a dead ringer for James Dean

tan top

Quote from: Big Lebowski on August 24, 2006, 12:35:29 AM
clean, clean, and clean it again.
looks  real solid  ,  a bit early i know but , what color is it  going ,  would be intrested to see more pictures  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BigBlockSam

wow!  the car is looking great. looks like you guys have alot of work in front of you. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

Hot damn!!  :o

Must be a cali car to start with?  Up here in the midwest after you media blast, the floors and frame look like swiss cheese!  We all turn into good metal guys by default.. :icon_smile_blackeye:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Big Lebowski

Ok now what? What did factory B5 blue cars look like on the underside? I posted this same question in the paint & body section.

charge-it

Quote from: NorwayCharger on January 22, 2006, 07:59:24 AM
Hey, nice project you have there.
70RR are one of my favorites ;)
Can enyone here tell me who sells the inner fender rubber patch that fills the two opening i have drawn on this pic?
what partnr.?
I do. pepsparts@yahoo.com
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Big Lebowski

The Moparts crowd says this Los Angeles built '70 Roadrunner had a charcoal black underside with very little paint overspray. If this sounds right, I'll go that way. What do you guys think?