News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check out my '70 Road runner resto pics

Started by Big Lebowski, January 22, 2006, 04:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Lebowski

It's a '70 Road runner 383 4 speep Pistol grip car and it's getting everything. A new already dynoed 512 HP 440 Six-pack. I just finished getting the new Qtrs, trunk floor from Goodmark, a mint set of fenders and all the resto hardware. Lots of work. Here's some pics...
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Big Lebowski

:icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Big Lebowski

Big Lebowski

Big Lebowski

The trunk  :icon_smile_big:

Big Lebowski

Floors are nice... :icon_smile_big:

CB

looks like it needs a litlle work to get her on the road before spring :pity:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Big Lebowski

This is why it's getting both Qtrs. Yuck.

Big Lebowski

Last one, next week hopefully, it's going to a cool metal shop (no bondo) The guy who runs this hot rod shop looks like James Dean and his name is Dallas.

chargervert

It sure is a lot of work stripping off all that paint,and undercoating! It looks like you are making good progress! The trunk floor rust is typical,frame rails look ok from what I could see in the pics!

NorwayCharger

Hey, nice project you have there.
70RR are one of my favorites ;)
Can enyone here tell me who sells the inner fender rubber patch that fills the two opening i have drawn on this pic?
what partnr.?
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

bull

What are you going to do for rust prevention in the hidden nooks and crannies? My body guy uses a spray on wax product that I hear works pretty good.

greenpigs

Quote from: NorwayCharger on January 22, 2006, 07:59:24 AM
Can enyone here tell me who sells the inner fender rubber patch that fills the two opening i have drawn on this pic?
what partnr.?

I believe those access panels are metal, on my Charger 2 on the area are covered by steel plates, I am missing the 2 closest to the firewall.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

chargervert

what partnr.?
Hey Norway,those plates are steel,and I think year one has repros.

NorwayCharger

Quote from: chargervert on January 22, 2006, 09:17:55 AM
what partnr.?
Hey Norway,those plates are steel,and I think year one has repros.

They was missing on my car, all i could find is part nr MI1103  and those are of rubber...
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

472 R/T SE

I thought the piece at the rear was different than the front steel piece.

Big Lebowski

Quote from: AllBlueRT on January 22, 2006, 12:03:00 PM
I thought the piece at the rear was different than the front steel piece.

Bingo :icon_smile_big: The front one is steel, and the back one is rubber with push clips.

Big Lebowski

Quote from: bull on January 22, 2006, 08:00:57 AM
What are you going to do for rust prevention in the hidden nooks and crannies? My body guy uses a spray on wax product that I hear works pretty good.

I'm still thinking about that, I was leaning towards a primer that uses the rust like a por 15 or something like that. My resto partner buddy wants to get a rotisserie, and remove the undercoat and sand blast the whole thing. You can't sand blast the undercoating off, and with the extra cost of the rotisserie, I keep telling him this is just a 383 car, if it was a Hemi or a Six-pack car, then we could throw some money at it. But, for now I'm trying to get everything done so our metal shop can hack off the Qtrs.  Dude.

BigBlockSam

70's my favorite yr roadrunner. are you gonna keep it blue?
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Big Lebowski

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 22, 2006, 01:26:39 PM
70's my favorite yr roadrunner. are you gonna keep it blue?

Ya, it's staying B5 blue. I'd like to find a nice Air Grabber hood, but E-bays $2500-$5000 for a '70 Air Grabber hood is out of sight. :shruggy:

Old Moparz

Hey Big Lebowski,

Nice Road Runner, the '70 is my favorite.  :2thumbs:

Couple of questions for you. Are you in the northeast? I'm asking since I'd like to find out where the body shop is that's going to do your work? I like the sound of what he's going to do for your car & when it comes time for my '69 Satellite ragtop, I want it done a little better than just a driver.

As for an air grabber, there is a guy out of Canada who's been bringing out tons of repro parts that nobody else has. One of the things he's making is a so called "kit" to convert a stock bulge hood into an A/G hood.

Here's some links to his A/G repro parts:
Air Cleaner Lid:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1970-72-Roadrunner-Charger-Air-Grabber-Steel-Lid_W0QQitemZ4606798402QQcategoryZ34198QQcmdZViewItem

Hood Conversion Piece:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1970-72-Roadrunner-Charger-Air-Grabber-Steel-Lid_W0QQitemZ4606798402QQcategoryZ34198QQcmdZViewItem

Parts:
http://cgi.ebay.com/70-72-Roadrunner-GTX-Charger-Air-Grabber-Flapper_W0QQitemZ4606511318QQcategoryZ34198QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/70-72-Roadrunner-GTX-Charger-Air-Grabber-Actuator-Brack_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34198QQitemZ4606511349

Also, I've seen him list all the necessary A/G parts together in a package, so maybe you can watch his other auctions or email him.

Bob

OOPS, typed too soon.
Package of A/G Parts:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-70-Roadrunner-GTX-Air-Grabber-Hood-Conversion-kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43946QQitemZ7986789016
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Big Lebowski

Ya thanks guys. I'm in san Diego, at the other end of the USA. I've heard about the Air Grabber conversion kit, that may be the way to go. This local metal shop does good work but everybody has to get in line for a reservation to get in. This metal shop guy who looks like James Dean has some small 1-2 foot hand built cars that are awesome, not like the stamped out toy cars you see today, this guy can fix anything metal. The Goodmark Qtrs were slightly damaged in shipping so Goodmark gave me a $60 credit to pay the metal guy to fix them, and he did no problem.

Old Moparz

Okay, west coast may be a tad too far for body work.  :o  Good luck with it & thanks anyway, Bob

Sorry, I can't resist, here's the '70 I got last summer.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Big Lebowski

More progress pics...

Big Lebowski

The rear frame rails are real nice. Eat your heart out you east coast rust up to the door handle guys. :icon_smile_big: