News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check out my '70 Road runner resto pics

Started by Big Lebowski, January 22, 2006, 04:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Lebowski

Next we insulated the upper dash frame, it kinda looks like the factory style of padding. :popcrn:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Big Lebowski

Then we installed our newly restored heater box. :popcrn:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Big Lebowski

And three new gold anodized heater nuts for the firewall, sweet. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

And check out our new P.G. Classics taillights, they're sweet & necessary for a high $$$ resto. :popcrn:

hemi-hampton

The 2 lines poking out of firewall I think should be natural brass color instead of black. Besides that looks good. I see you still used the original red nuts on wiper arms & the added the touch of the black plastic firewall plugs showing on firewall showing the fine detail when these are usually painted the (wrong) body color. LEON. :2thumbs:

Big Lebowski

The new taillights installed. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

Then we test fitted our new B-7 blue P.G. Classics dash pad, I really dig the quality from P.G. Classics. :2thumbs:

Big Lebowski

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 04, 2008, 12:16:35 AM
The 2 lines poking out of firewall I think should be natural brass color instead of black. Besides that looks good. I see you still used the original red nuts on wiper arms & the added the touch of the black plastic firewall plugs showing on firewall showing the fine detail when these are usually painted the (wrong) body color. LEON. :2thumbs:

Let me tell ya, those black plastic firewall plugs are a real bitch to install, even with some white grease, they don't want to push through there. After that, the Jack Daniels bottle pictured above slowed our progress down to a crawl, so we BBQ'd a rack of baby backs. :D

69bronzeT5

You guys are doing an amazing job on the Runner. :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Big Lebowski

We're still in the trenches, but we just keep on keepin' on. This week we're installing a new front windshield & a new back windshield. Can't wait :popcrn:

hemi-hampton

Big Lebowski

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 05, 2008, 07:43:12 PM
Is the back glass called a Windsheild :scratchchin:

Sure why not, it shields the wind.

The late George Carlin once said..."I keep hearing that irratating voice on the loudspeaker saying..Get on the plane, get on the plane, well I say F*#$ you, I'm getting IN!! the plane, there seems to be less wind in here. Let Evil Knevil get ON!! the plane".

Big Lebowski

Got all the windshield hardware together & we broke out the '70 manual. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

We had a pro install the new front & back glass, the front windshield looks sweet, tinted, & water tight (we'll see about that). :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

And the new glass in the back . :popcrn:

tan top

more good progress  :yesnod:  ... looking real nice  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Big Lebowski

We're into the fun stuff now, the 4-speed pedals are back in. :popcrn:

Big Lebowski

The new hood turn signal lights look killer. We're into everything new for '70 Road runners.  :D

Big Lebowski

Next we have to polish & shine about a mile of stainless steel window & door trim, this could take a while. :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

Big Lebowski

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 10, 2008, 03:05:00 PM
when can i take possesion?..  :D

Anytime, come fly down & look at it first. The SF. to SD. flight isn't too long. I'll be the taxi. :D

suntech

Looks great!!! :2thumbs:
But cut down on Jack Daniels drinking in the garage!!! hehe :D :D
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Big Lebowski

Here's the new disc brake master cylinder. The Road runner originally had 11" drum brakes, so we bought the front disc conversion for it.  :popcrn:

Big Lebowski