News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Orig., resto-mod, pro-tour, rotisserie, what's the perfect Charger in your book?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, December 31, 2011, 12:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orig., resto-mod, pro-tour, rotisserie, what's the perfect Charger in your book?

Original
21 (16%)
Resto-Mod
65 (49.6%)
Pro-Tourer
27 (20.6%)
Rotisserie Resto
14 (10.7%)
Jumped Like a General
4 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 131

nvrbdn

im in no way trying to compare 78 suspension and brakes with todays aftermarket stuff. there is no way to say it can match. there is good stuff out there improving the handling and ride without needing 18 inch wheels. i enjoy and have followed both pro touring threads cuz they are great looking cars. the thing is, some people like the ride they get from these old cars. i dont want to drag race, i dont want to take an off ramp at 85 and be able to stick the corner. i dont want to drive 150.i wont ever do the autoban. i prefer a look of a car from the 60's-70's style with the add ons from that era for my personal car. that doesnt make me closed minded. i may have read you wrong,  20 chargers at a car show with 14" wheels would be boreing. would it not also be boreing with 20 dark blue chargers with 18" wheels. its the mix of all sorts of ideas and builds that make this sport enjoyable. i understand your phlight to show the old timers what can be accomplished these days with whats on the market. just because we dont use it,that doesnt make us close minded. i for one am thrilled to see how many young guys on here enjoy a car that i grew up with. and im never on anyones case for doing something different. not tryin to get your goat,just wantin to say that just cuz an old goat doesnt prefer the big wheels doesnt mean he is close minded. yes, we can all cruise together. and yes you will probably smoke my butt getting there. but at the end of the day i will get there and we can sit down with a beer and chat about the trip. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

It's just different strokes, for different folks, do what rocks your boat or blows your skirt up, it's your car, who cares what anyone else thinks about whether you have 14" or 20" wheels, there's room for both styles, resto-rod or stock or even pro-touring, I see the biggest problem being lack of really good performance tires for especially 14" wheels & even 15" wheels going away fast...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

autodynamics

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 06, 2012, 05:39:52 PM
im in no way trying to compare 78 suspension and brakes with todays aftermarket stuff. there is no way to say it can match. there is good stuff out there improving the handling and ride without needing 18 inch wheels. i enjoy and have followed both pro touring threads cuz they are great looking cars. the thing is, some people like the ride they get from these old cars. i dont want to drag race, i dont want to take an off ramp at 85 and be able to stick the corner. i dont want to drive 150.i wont ever do the autoban. i prefer a look of a car from the 60's-70's style with the add ons from that era for my personal car. that doesnt make me closed minded. i may have read you wrong,  20 chargers at a car show with 14" wheels would be boreing. would it not also be boreing with 20 dark blue chargers with 18" wheels. its the mix of all sorts of ideas and builds that make this sport enjoyable. i understand your phlight to show the old timers what can be accomplished these days with whats on the market. just because we dont use it,that doesnt make us close minded. i for one am thrilled to see how many young guys on here enjoy a car that i grew up with. and im never on anyones case for doing something different. not tryin to get your goat,just wantin to say that just cuz an old goat doesnt prefer the big wheels doesnt mean he is close minded. yes, we can all cruise together. and yes you will probably smoke my butt getting there. but at the end of the day i will get there and we can sit down with a beer and chat about the trip. :2thumbs:
Quote from: Budnicks on January 06, 2012, 06:01:22 PM
It's just different strokes, for different folks, do what rocks your boat or blows your skirt up, it's your car, who cares what anyone else thinks about whether you have 14" or 20" wheels, there's room for both styles, resto-rod or stock or even pro-touring, I see the biggest problem being lack of really good performance tires for especially 14" wheels & even 15" wheels going away fast...

I agree on both views

I wouldn't mind having a beer or BBQ with and fellow mopar guys
I just want the same respect I give for the originals and old timers to be given to me a 40 yr old
Who simply loves the styling on the mopars but tweaked mine a little so it didn't feel so 60ish

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: autodynamics on January 06, 2012, 06:37:24 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on January 06, 2012, 05:39:52 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on January 06, 2012, 06:01:22 PM

I agree on both views

I wouldn't mind having a beer or BBQ with and fellow mopar guys
I just want the same respect I give for the originals and old timers to be given to me a 40 yr old
Who simply loves the styling on the mopars but tweaked mine a little so it didn't feel so 60ish

Some of your post, you appear to have respect for the othe bbuilds, but for the most part you come accrossed ptretty narrow minded about this subject.  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

MSRacing89

Quote from: NYCMille on January 06, 2012, 06:56:40 PM
LS7...

Mike......don't do it.  Can we maybe consider a 6.1?  I see one of these under my hood in the future.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

NYCMille

Here's the thing - guys like me, Pete, Marty and a few others only speak up because we actually know how good these cars can be with some work. For instance, Pete is 100% right when he says that if you've driven a properly set up pro-touring/restomod then odds are you'd NEVER want to go back to anything that's even remotely stock. Trust me, I know... I've chased Corvette's and Porsche's around the race track in my sleds and honestly, it's a pretty good feeling when they keep looking in their mirror or you blaze past them... they're faces always say - WTF?!?

Now, does modifying cost money? Sure it does, but that doesn't mean you can't do moderately priced things to update your ride and make it better. Are 15" rims ok? Sure, as long as don't plan on doing anything fast - that is to say, I wouldn't drive on a 15" wheel for anything other cruising UNLESS of course you're running a widened rim that you can actually get some GOOD rubber on. BFG T/A's and Goodyear anythings are awful... sorry, but they are - AND take note, that's not meant to offend, it's just meant to say that they're old technology and there are much better options out there if you go up a few sizes. Hell, most hyundai's today come shod with 18" wheels...

So, are we narrow minded on the subject? Well, you betcha! But again, it's only because we'd love everyone to be able to experience what we experience. Make sense?  :shruggy:

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: NYCMille on January 06, 2012, 07:39:26 PM
BFG T/A's and Goodyear anythings are awful... sorry, but they are -

While I agree with the Goodyear anythings part, I'm extremely happy with my 15" BFG T/A's. I'm running twelves in the quarter mile with them with full traction and have found them to be great on twisty mountain roads. My stock steering box is the scary limitation but, the tires perform.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

Cooter

Quote from: autodynamics on January 06, 2012, 02:50:02 PM
Now  I gotta chime in here.
We "pro touring guys" aren't drawing any lines we simply state that the older crowd is in love and not open minded to ANYTHING OTHER ORIGINAL MOPAR STUFF
That's where we get frustrated Not true. I see these types posting things like if it doesn't corner through a road course, then it isn't worth building to go fast in a straight line. You pro touring guys are quick to thumb down the bandwagon on what's considered to be the latest thing. Well, that just happens to be "Pro Touring" today. Wait about 10 years and that will be like Cragars/Air Shocks/Side Pipes/ Massive Snorkel Hood Scoops were in the 70's..A FAD nothing more.
There is no way cordobra brakes are better than what's available today
PeriodYou are correct, yet I wonder how us "Old Timers" got NASCAR to go over 200 MPH on 15" wheels and NO BEAR brakes?
You can love 15" wheels all you want but trust me you will not keep up with us "young guns " with 17" or 18" wheelsIn what a road course? See me on the straight and narrow, Two lane Black top.
I don't understand how the mopar world is so reluctant to try anything other than mopar stuffI build Chevy engines, Ford Engines, and some Caddy engines. Also have pieces and parts on some of my cars from Hotchkis (Spelling?), Competition Engineering, etc.
You guys want praise for having disc brakes and a sway barSure, when the car didn't come with either, it is considered an upgrade. This isn't about who can spend the most money on BS handling sh*t. There's a couple cars on here that in a 1/4 mile would hand you your azz. But I'm not gonna insult you because you like to run around a road course looking for the finish line and some of us drive straight towards it...
The car industry has come leaps and bounds since then True, but If I wanted a new Charger/Challenger, I'd go buy one. The older cars have a certain "Feel" that you can't get with a Pro Touring car that handles just like a new one.
So all we ask is to be open minded and not bash us for liking what's available in today's marketNever bashed on you. If you come on here to strongly express your views on "Pimp" wheels, then expect to get the same in return as well. Me I could care less WTF you do to YOUR ride. Just don't get your panties in a bunch If My opinion of them happens to be they look like sh*t.
Stock 14" has a place but for me it's not a a big b body maybe a Austin miniWe do agree here and as well with up to say 16" wheels. After that, you are in Pimp territory I don't care how functional they are.

On the flip side, Put 15" wheels on a newer Challenger and it looks like sh*t. Big wheels belong on newer cars with HUGE Fender openings, and smaller, more proportional sized wheels belong on the older Musclecars.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

oldschool

1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

autodynamics

Quote from: Cooter on January 06, 2012, 08:48:13 PM
We "pro touring guys" aren't drawing any lines we simply state that the older crowd is in love and not open minded to ANYTHING OTHER ORIGINAL MOPAR STUFF
That's where we get frustrated Not true. I see these types posting things like if it doesn't corner through a road course, then it isn't worth building to go fast in a straight line. You pro touring guys are quick to thumb down the bandwagon on what's considered to be the latest thing. Well, that just happens to be "Pro Touring" today. Wait about 10 years and that will be like Cragars/Air Shocks/Side Pipes/ Massive Snorkel Hood Scoops were in the 70's..A FAD nothing more.
PeriodYou are correct, yet I wonder how us "Old Timers" got NASCAR to go over 200 MPH on 15" wheels and NO BEAR brakes?
You can love 15" wheels all you want but trust me you will not keep up with us "young guns " with 17" or 18" wheelsIn what a road course? See me on the straight and narrow, Two lane Black top.
I don't understand how the mopar world is so reluctant to try anything other than mopar stuffI build Chevy engines, Ford Engines, and some Caddy engines. Also have pieces and parts on some of my cars from Hotchkis (Spelling?), Competition Engineering, etc.
You guys want praise for having disc brakes and a sway barSure, when the car didn't come with either, it is considered an upgrade. This isn't about who can spend the most money on BS handling sh*t. There's a couple cars on here that in a 1/4 mile would hand you your azz. But I'm not gonna insult you because you like to run around a road course looking for the finish line and some of us drive straight towards it...
The car industry has come leaps and bounds since then True, but If I wanted a new Charger/Challenger, I'd go buy one. The older cars have a certain "Feel" that you can't get with a Pro Touring car that handles just like a new one.
So all we ask is to be open minded and not bash us for liking what's available in today's marketNever bashed on you. If you come on here to strongly express your views on "Pimp" wheels, then expect to get the same in return as well. Me I could care less WTF you do to YOUR ride. Just don't get your panties in a bunch If My opinion of them happens to be they look like sh*t.
Stock 14" has a place but for me it's not a a big b body maybe a Austin miniWe do agree here and as well with up to say 16" wheels. After that, you are in Pimp territory I don't care how functional they are.

On the flip side, Put 15" wheels on a newer Challenger and it looks like sh*t. Big wheels belong on newer cars with HUGE Fender openings, and smaller, more proportional sized wheels belong on the older Musclecars.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IMBREEDING IS ALIVE AND KICKING IN AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your whole rebuttle is exactly why the mopar world comes across so narrow minded and thick headed!
Sounds like  your idea of handling is a pair of air shocks with the rear jacked up to the high heavens.
If you don't like wheels or upgrades other than stock period correct then there's no help for you
Your the guy that's going to be in the right lane going 60 mph with your motor screaming, while the rest of us are cruising at 80. All because you don't want to accept there are better parts out there other than stock components

Narrow minded I'd say so. And you mention if you wanted a new car you would buy one.....haha funny
Aligator arms don't buy new cars when they can't buy decent parts for there vintage rides where it counts the most
Especially when in comes to safety! Big brakes do something other than look good 18" wheels do something than looking like "rubber band tires"
Sway bars and the right shocks do something other than raise your rear end up like your a stiletto

I've built my car do do more than one thing ,(going in a straight line fast) as far as you handing me my azz on a blacktop don't be so certain about that old fella , building a car to do one thing is easy
Making it do everything ummmmmm that takes more effort,
Try building a car thats fast, and can stop easily when needed and can turn when asked to
All in all with that having the a/c on and radio playing and in a comfy able seat.
That's my idea of whatever you want to call it pro touring resto mod or whatever
It takes more talent to do what us young guns have done period!

So if you want to meet not a problem anytime
We obviously have a difference of opinions here so theres no help for you or that mind set
I have no problems with a stock charger but when you come across like it that way or no way well then I'm going to speak up .

Our cars are still mopars and chargers but god forbid we actually use them in today's world...

Rolling_Thunder

Ummmm   wow...        this thread is getting interesting...       
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Kern Dog

Autodynamics......
Right on, dude! I get crap from some purists about the wheels on my car. I like the big wheel look, but at the same time I can appreciate a factory correct car. I think you mentioned that you are annoyed at how some purists are so adamant that their way is the ONLY way. This is JUST like a leftie. When the facts get in the way of their arguement, they resort to insulting you. There have been some members that have displayed classy, tactful manners though. I appreciated the guys that mentioned....." I dont care for the big wheel look." Thats fair and understandable. if we all liked the same thing, ALL cars would be red. If you dont like my car, its not set in stone that you have to insult it or me for building it.

autodynamics

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on January 07, 2012, 12:27:05 AM
Autodynamics......
Right on, dude! I get crap from some purists about the wheels on my car. I like the big wheel look, but at the same time I can appreciate a factory correct car. I think you mentioned that you are annoyed at how some purists are so adamant that their way is the ONLY way. This is JUST like a leftie. When the facts get in the way of their arguement, they resort to insulting you. There have been some members that have displayed classy, tactful manners though. I appreciated the guys that mentioned....." I dont care for the big wheel look." Thats fair and understandable. if we all liked the same thing, ALL cars would be red. If you dont like my car, its not set in stone that you have to insult it or me for building it.

Well said that's my exact point !
I say let the cars speak for themselves anytime the purist wants we can tackle any competition
Handling braking comfort stereo gas mileage , high speed low speed whatever you  name it I'm down

Kern Dog

Stereo? Uhh, not yet.
Mileage? Well, about 11 at this point. Certainly not terrible for carbureted 493.

myk

Uh...resto-mod, period.  Resto-mod, as in upgraded wheels, tires, brakes, electrics, suspension, etc.  Anything less than that is a danger on the roads and belongs in a museum or in a garage.  Arguments about purity and aesthetics are irrelevant, I'm looking at this from a safety and function point of view...

autodynamics

Quote from: myk on January 07, 2012, 01:48:22 AM
Uh...resto-mod, period.  Resto-mod, as in upgraded wheels, tires, brakes, electrics, suspension, etc.  Anything less than that is a danger on the roads and belongs in a museum or in a garage.  Arguments about purity and aesthetics are irrelevant, I'm looking at this from a safety and function point of view...

Exactly these cars in factory form are outdated and unsafe . With some help we can accomplish that for us and the people we share the roads with .

Cooter

Quote from: autodynamics on January 07, 2012, 12:04:05 AM

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IMBREEDING IS ALIVE AND KICKING IN AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!  Obviously, you see the need to jump on the bandwagon and that's fine for you, but now you seem to want to go the "Thread locked" route...Well, I have been there done that, got the T-shirt, worn it out, and now use it to polish the cars. BTW, Ever heard of a comma? A Period? It would seem you should have spent a little more time in grammer school and a little less with the greasy, "Old Timer" Shop teacher who tried to tell your narrow minded ass not get on an online forum and talk sh*t.

Your whole rebuttle is exactly why the mopar world comes across so narrow minded and thick headed!Trolling again are we?
Sounds like  your idea of handling is a pair of air shocks with the rear jacked up to the high heavens. Never said that. But, my idea of handling doesn't require the "Pimp" wheels either.
If you don't like wheels or upgrades other than stock period correct then there's no help for youNo Help? I need nothing from you or anybody else. I find it hard to believe you even built your car. I build all my own shit asswipe.
Your the guy that's going to be in the right lane going 60 mph with your motor screaming, while the rest of us are cruising at 80. All because you don't want to accept there are better parts out there other than stock components Again, you show your total ignorance. Never said that I don't buy and install ANY aftermarket parts, I just refuse to put those "Donk" wheels on my sh*t. You wanna look like a downtown LA Pimp, that's your thing.  I have an overdrive installed in my car that cruised at 88 MPH 300 MILES to Carlisle..Didn't see you or your car there. And I did it for way less than you(Around $500.00).

Narrow minded I'd say so. And you mention if you wanted a new car you would buy one.....haha funnyAgain, you seem to make no point here.
Aligator arms don't buy new cars when they can't buy decent parts for there vintage rides where it counts the mostI have no need to buy "Decent" parts. I buy what counts, not what's "Cool", or hot right now. You are a flash in the pan.
Especially when in comes to safety! Big brakes do something other than look good 18" wheels do something than looking like "rubber band tires"
Sway bars and the right shocks do something other than raise your rear end up like your a stiletto It must REALLY piss you off to see an orange Charger kick your ass at a car show when NOBODY cares how well your sh*t handles, and they tell you you Messed it up with those "Pimp" wheels. Face it kid, you have your opinion, and I have mine. You want a war and this thread locked? Bring it di*khead.

I've built my car do do more than one thing ,(going in a straight line fast) as far as you handing me my azz on a blacktop don't be so certain about that old fella , building a car to do one thing is easyBy that reply, you obviously paid someone to build your car. I would have a hard time even believing you know what most of the parts it actually takes to make one of these things handle.
Making it do everything ummmmmm that takes more effort,By this reply, it sounds as if your about 13 Y/O and Momma told you better.
Try building a car thats fast, and can stop easily when needed and can turn when asked to
All in all with that having the a/c on and radio playing and in a comfy able seat."Comfy able"? I rest my case.
That's my idea of whatever you want to call it pro touring resto mod or whatever
It takes more talent to do what us young guns have done period! You "Young Guns" learned everything from us "Old timers". We taught you to build cars. It takes no talent to open a book and order parts. Punch the "Buy-It-Now" Button. I fabricate, and install my parts Skippy.

So if you want to meet not a problem anytimeOh, it will happen sooner or later.  Obviously, you are still wet behind your ears.  
We obviously have a difference of opinions here so theres no help for you or that mind setAnd by this reply, you are telling Me about MY mindset? Kids....
I have no problems with a stock charger but when you come across like it that way or no way well then I'm going to speak up .
Our cars are still mopars and chargers but god forbid we actually use them in today's world...Use mine everyday pal. That "Trailer Queen" you have would be lucky to see any REAL track time as are most "Pro-Touring "cars. Too scared to scratch that $20K paint job. Here, I must bid you adue asswipe, as it's obvious I can't talk Horse sense to a jackass. AGAIN, Have a nice life douchebag. I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Wow, this new "Ignore poster" feature on here is Awesome. Can't believe I haven't found this before now.
Ignore list updated.
Bill440R/T
Bull
AutoDynamics
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Cooter on January 07, 2012, 09:17:42 AM
Quote from: autodynamics on January 07, 2012, 12:04:05 AM

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IMBREEDING IS ALIVE AND KICKING IN AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!  Obviously, you see the need to jump on the bandwagon and that's fine for you, but now you seem to want to go the "Thread locked" route...Well, I have been there done that, got the T-shirt, worn it out, and now use it to polish the cars. BTW, Ever heard of a comma? A Period? It would seem you should have spent a little more time in grammer school and a little less with the greasy, "Old Timer" Shop teacher who tried to tell your narrow minded ass not get on an online forum and talk sh*t.

Your whole rebuttle is exactly why the mopar world comes across so narrow minded and thick headed!Trolling again are we?
Sounds like  your idea of handling is a pair of air shocks with the rear jacked up to the high heavens. Never said that. But, my idea of handling doesn't require the "Pimp" wheels either.
If you don't like wheels or upgrades other than stock period correct then there's no help for youNo Help? I need nothing from you or anybody else. I find it hard to believe you even built your car. I build all my own shit asswipe.
Your the guy that's going to be in the right lane going 60 mph with your motor screaming, while the rest of us are cruising at 80. All because you don't want to accept there are better parts out there other than stock components Again, you show your total ignorance. Never said that I don't buy and install ANY aftermarket parts, I just refuse to put those "Donk" wheels on my sh*t. You wanna look like a downtown LA Pimp, that's your thing.  I have an overdrive installed in my car that cruised at 88 MPH 300 MILES to Carlisle..Didn't see you or your car there. And I did it for way less than you(Around $500.00).

Narrow minded I'd say so. And you mention if you wanted a new car you would buy one.....haha funnyAgain, you seem to make no point here.
Aligator arms don't buy new cars when they can't buy decent parts for there vintage rides where it counts the mostI have no need to buy "Decent" parts. I buy what counts, not what's "Cool", or hot right now. You are a flash in the pan.
Sway bars and the right shocks do something other than raise your rear end up like your a stiletto It must REALLY piss you off to see an orange Charger kick your ass at a car show when NOBODY cares how well your sh*t handles, and they tell you you Messed it up with those "Pimp" wheels. Face it kid, you have your opinion, and I have mine. You want a war and this thread locked? Bring it di*khead.

I've built my car do do more than one thing ,(going in a straight line fast) as far as you handing me my azz on a blacktop don't be so certain about that old fella , building a car to do one thing is easyBy that reply, you obviously paid someone to build your car. I would have a hard time even believing you know what most of the parts it actually takes to make one of these things handle.
Making it do everything ummmmmm that takes more effort,By this reply, it sounds as if your about 13 Y/O and Momma told you better.
All in all with that having the a/c on and radio playing and in a comfy able seat."Comfy able"? I rest my case.
It takes more talent to do what us young guns have done period! You "Young Guns" learned everything from us "Old timers". We taught you to build cars. It takes no talent to open a book and order parts. Punch the "Buy-It-Now" Button. I fabricate, and install my parts Skippy.

So if you want to meet not a problem anytimeOh, it will happen sooner or later.  Obviously, you are still wet behind your ears.  
We obviously have a difference of opinions here so theres no help for you or that mind setAnd by this reply, you are telling Me about MY mindset? Kids....
Our cars are still mopars and chargers but god forbid we actually use them in today's world...Use mine everyday pal. That "Trailer Queen" you have would be lucky to see any REAL track time as are most "Pro-Touring "cars. Too scared to scratch that $20K paint job. Here, I must bid you adue asswipe, as it's obvious I can't talk Horse sense to a jackass. AGAIN, Have a nice life douchebag. I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Wow, this new "Ignore poster" feature on here is Awesome. Can't believe I haven't found this before now.
Ignore list updated.
Bill440R/T
Bull
AutoDynamics

Well I'm not going to ignore anyone at this point but I will be unsubscribing to this thread, there are those whom seem to think only their point of view is correct and insist on insulting those whom don't subscribe to their point of view.

nvrbdn

AUTODYNAMICS,one of the problems is that you are very intense in your message. you are as extreme in what you believe in as the ones you say you get frustrated about. you complain that you want to be accepted. but alot of your posts say "i only like it because it doesnt have 14" wheels". what i have to say is practice what you preach. accept that there are people that dont want to put all the new stuff on their car. there are also people that cant afford to upgrade with thousands of dollars. you stated that you like to come over here to stir things up and then want everyone to take you seriously. when your sitting at a car show, im sure you will have plenty of admirers around you car. part of doing something different is having the ability to blow off the nay sayers and be happy with what you did with your car. my car was built with my money my way and im happy with it. accept it. dont slam it without expecting me to come back with a comment about yours.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

autodynamics

Nrvbdn

It is what it is you guys obviously aren't listening to what I'm saying

We have never responded to someone's thread stating car looks great but the wheels are too small
But on the contrary you guys always say the wheels are too big
We admire and like stock resto, mods, purist, whatever. We never publicly voice our opinions
However lately were fed up with your " opinions " so we starred voicing ours

And cooter see you at Carlisle we settle it there ! I'm tired of your computer muscles and your antics
Make sure you put your magnets 01 on your car so you get some " hick support "

And lastly I've built my entire car from concept to execution funded by yours truly
Hence the name Autodynamics age 40  Jerk off hillbilly 

HeavyFuel

Quote from: autodynamics on January 07, 2012, 12:37:29 PM
Nrvbdn

It is what it is you guys obviously aren't listening to what I'm saying

We have never responded to someone's thread stating car looks great but the wheels are too small
But on the contrary you guys always say the wheels are too big
We admire and like stock resto, mods, purist, whatever. We never publicly voice our opinions
However lately were fed up with your " opinions " so we starred voicing ours

And cooter see you at Carlisle we settle it there ! I'm tired of your computer muscles and your antics
Make sure you put your magnets 01 on your car so you get some " hick support "

I offer this counter-point:

This is what you said yesterday on another thread, and I quote,

"I like it simply because it don't have 14" wheels"

You are prejudiced, and that's obvious.  (Definition of PREJUDICE: An irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics.)

And sorry to burst your bubble, but you aren't a 'young gun' (stupid term, anyway).  40 + years old?  That isn't young, according to conventional wisdom. (but you might not know anything about that)

Crap, I can't make it to Carlisle, but I've got $20 that says Cooter puts you in the first aid tent.

Let's keep this going....it's very entertaining. :lol:

autodynamics

You can only put $20.00
Figures

Do some research on my me first before you Jump to you opinions

And when I knock his 2 teeth he has left you can nurse him back o health with some CPR
Lover boy

Brass

I happen to (mostly) agree with you (pro-touring) guys and can understand how constant criticism of anything non-stock could wear really, really thin.  Especially considering the time, research, effort, money put into your cars, and their proof-positive performance.  But I also think you're pounding the table.  As for me, right now I'm enjoying what I have and plan to mod my car in the future - which may include larger rims.  That being said, I like wide 15" wheels too for that tough, street bruiser look.  I know it's not going to handle as well as larger rims but if the car isn't primarily a track car – so what?  There's also room in the world for factory-correct restorations and unmolested survivors that should remain unmolested.