News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picking up a Hot Rod Pick-Up truck this weekend!!

Started by Bobby41909, December 14, 2011, 07:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67440chrg

elitecustombody

Cool looking truck! I just got 36 Dodge pickup project,should be fun.

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

Bobby41909

Sorry it's taken me so long to post an update...needed time to cool down

Well, I traveled over 700 miles to get this truck only to walk up and see a total rust bucket.  I was so pissed.  The seller advertised and sent me pictures of the truck when is was first restored which must have been 5 to 7 years ago (and it was left outside since then).  He also said it was "solid"...Yeah right....Very disappointing!

When I pointed out all the issues, he agreed and offerred to reduce the price over 30%.  He came down on price real fast....sure he didn't know there were issues...during the process it was apparent he was lieing to me all along as his story changed several times.  I didn't even want the truck after all that (just couldn't trust him).

He had the nerve to call me "shady" for not completing the sale.  Like I normally travel 700 miles pulling a trailer with insurance setup on the new vehicle and a license plate...just to kick tires.  If I didn't have too much to loose I would have kicked his as*.

Next time I buy a car outside of a few hours drive I'll pay for someone locally to inspect the car.  I did this before (costs $150) but decided it wasn't necessary because the seller seemed honest based on our many communications.  I am reminded most scam artists are good at making folks feel comfortable.  Luckily I am not out the cash.

I learned that PayPal and EBay can't refund a deposit for a vehicle due to various state laws.  But EBay has a buyer insurance program to reimburse you.  Fortunately, I don't give anyone my bank info (including PayPal) so I was able to dispute the charge through my credit card company.  The credit card companies don't care, I didn't get the item I purchased so I don't pay!

Hopefully that's how it all works out over the next week or so.  I am still out the travel expenses which is about $500.  I guess that's cheap considering I could have an expensive rust bucket sitting in my driveway right now.

Paul G

Holy crap! That same thing happened to me. Over a 74 çharger a few years ago. Ebay deal. I dragged a car hauler 3 hours away to find a POS waiting for me. Needles to say the douche bag seller and I agreed to call each other names and walk away. He waited 90 days after the end of auction to give me bad feedback, too late for me to give him back bad feedback.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Bobby41909

Oh I already left negative feedback calling him a scam artist..buyer beware!

I don't care if he give me negative feedback.  I've got over 300 positive's, so 1 isn't going to do anything.  Especially is concerned folks look at the issue.

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

bobs66440

Oh MAN! That SUCKS!!! Holy crap I would have blown a friggin gasket!! That sh*t happens so often it's pathetic! Very sorry man...so disappointing!

You did the right thing to leave it there. That sucks though... :flame:

Fred

Geez, you can count your lucky stars you went and checked it out. It sure pays off to travel 700 miles or more when buying a car or anything worth money for that matter.
I'd never buy anything unseen, too many con artists out there.
Better luck in the future.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Paul G

When I sold my 73 Rallye the buyer bought it site unseen. He did have a third party come to the house and inspect it. I welcomed that. It is just a shame how some people will blatently try to rip off others. He is lucky you had the sense to not give him the ass whoopin he rightfully deserved.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

bobs66440

Quote from: Paul G on December 24, 2011, 06:43:33 PM
When I sold my 73 Rallye the buyer bought it site unseen. He did have a third party come to the house and inspect it. I welcomed that. It is just a shame how some people will blatently try to rip off others. He is lucky you had the sense to not give him the ass whoopin he rightfully deserved.
I had a '39 Pontiac that I traded for a '28 Ford hot rod from Louisiana. It was close to what he described but not quite. He trailered it up and I did the deal anyway because it was still better than what I had. I don't think I will do that again. Most people overestimate the condition of their car.

Joshua