News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pro touring mopars

Started by autodynamics, December 30, 2011, 01:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked72

I love this thread! One day my 72 will be on it  :cheers:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

WHITE AND RED 69

Here are some updated pics of mine.   :icon_smile_cool:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

bill440rt

Very nice!
Where did you get the carbon fiber inserts for the console? I've been looking, found some but I don't think they are the same or look as nice as yours.  :cheers:
Also, what seats are those?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

JB400

Are those inserts actually carbon fiber, or just a vinyl overlay?  Carbon fiber can be ordered from an aircraft supply store for anyone wanting to know.

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: bill440rt on December 29, 2012, 09:31:04 PM
Very nice!
Where did you get the carbon fiber inserts for the console? I've been looking, found some but I don't think they are the same or look as nice as yours.  :cheers:

Thanks Bill!  :cheers:  The seats are Corbeau GTS II seats, leather with suede centers. I love em, very comfortable and they look sweet. I will look if I have a picture that shows the whole seat and post it up.

The carbon fiber console inserts are from MimoUSA. They are just a decal like all the others but are a lot thicker. They fit without any trimming and have a nice shine to them. I had a carbon fiber set before from Detroit Muscle Tech that was dull and wanted a bit of gloss to them so I gave these a shot. I'm not sure if this is the same seller I got them from but its the same brand. I just requested the console only and I think it was around $50 bucks with shipping? They also have a bunch of other woodgrains, marble, chrome, brushed aluminum, and other colors to choose from.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-CHARGER-66-70-WOOD-DASH-TRIM-KIT-17-Pieces-Console-A-Radio-1-/140890672844?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20cdbd0ecc&vxp=mtr
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Charger 512

Memphis Mopar

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

bill440rt

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on December 29, 2012, 10:50:44 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on December 29, 2012, 09:31:04 PM
Very nice!
Where did you get the carbon fiber inserts for the console? I've been looking, found some but I don't think they are the same or look as nice as yours.  :cheers:

Thanks Bill!  :cheers:  The seats are Corbeau GTS II seats, leather with suede centers. I love em, very comfortable and they look sweet. I will look if I have a picture that shows the whole seat and post it up.

The carbon fiber console inserts are from MimoUSA. They are just a decal like all the others but are a lot thicker. They fit without any trimming and have a nice shine to them. I had a carbon fiber set before from Detroit Muscle Tech that was dull and wanted a bit of gloss to them so I gave these a shot. I'm not sure if this is the same seller I got them from but its the same brand. I just requested the console only and I think it was around $50 bucks with shipping? They also have a bunch of other woodgrains, marble, chrome, brushed aluminum, and other colors to choose from.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-CHARGER-66-70-WOOD-DASH-TRIM-KIT-17-Pieces-Console-A-Radio-1-/140890672844?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20cdbd0ecc&vxp=mtr

Awesome, thanks for the link!  :cheers:    Bookmarked for sure.
I was looking at these from DMT, are they about the same? Says they are heavyweight & textured.  :shruggy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360256828108?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

And yes, please post pics of those seats!  :yesnod:    Only regrets I have after doing the suspension upgrades is that the stock seats can't hold up now to better cornering.  :brickwall:
Were they easy to install, & how comfortable are they?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: bill440rt on December 31, 2012, 04:37:56 PM
Awesome, thanks for the link!  :cheers:    Bookmarked for sure.
I was looking at these from DMT, are they about the same? Says they are heavyweight & textured.  :shruggy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360256828108?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

And yes, please post pics of those seats!  :yesnod:    Only regrets I have after doing the suspension upgrades is that the stock seats can't hold up now to better cornering.  :brickwall:

I had a set of the DMT and the ones from MimoUSA are probably 5 times as thick. The DMT are about the same thickness as the repro woodgrain overlays if you have seen them. The big difference is the color, the DMT are a flat carbon fiber finish and the MimoUSA are a gloss finish. There is nothing wrong with the DMT ones, they are quality and fit great, I just liked gloss look of the MimoUSA ones. I will find a pic of the DMT overlay when I had them in to show the difference.

The seats are direct bolt in with the seat tracks you buy from Corbeau. Just bolt them to the seat tracks then to the floor and your good to go. Only thing is you have to use new bolts, so no more unbolting them by yourself from underneath unless you weld the new bolts in place. The seats feel great, they were a bit stiff at first but as soon as they break in they are perfect. I've had them almost 3 years now and they still look and feel great.  :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

1st_charger

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on December 24, 2012, 09:16:08 AM

Keisler TKO600
Hydroboost
4 Wheel Disc
Hotchkis
550 HP Stroker

New shoes on these photo's. :2thumbs:

1970Moparmann what wheels are those and what size are your wheels and tires if you dont mind me asking? great looking car love the stance! :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on December 31, 2012, 06:08:45 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on December 31, 2012, 04:37:56 PM
Awesome, thanks for the link!  :cheers:    Bookmarked for sure.
I was looking at these from DMT, are they about the same? Says they are heavyweight & textured.  :shruggy:

And yes, please post pics of those seats!  :yesnod:    Only regrets I have after doing the suspension upgrades is that the stock seats can't hold up now to better cornering.  :brickwall:

I had a set of the DMT and the ones from MimoUSA are probably 5 times as thick. The DMT are about the same thickness as the repro woodgrain overlays if you have seen them. The big difference is the color, the DMT are a flat carbon fiber finish and the MimoUSA are a gloss finish. There is nothing wrong with the DMT ones, they are quality and fit great, I just liked gloss look of the MimoUSA ones. I will find a pic of the DMT overlay when I had them in to show the difference.

The seats are direct bolt in with the seat tracks you buy from Corbeau. Just bolt them to the seat tracks then to the floor and your good to go. Only thing is you have to use new bolts, so no more unbolting them by yourself from underneath unless you weld the new bolts in place. The seats feel great, they were a bit stiff at first but as soon as they break in they are perfect. I've had them almost 3 years now and they still look and feel great.  :cheers:

Great to know, thanks!
Please send me a PM with more info on the seats! Thx!  :2thumbs: