News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pro touring mopars

Started by autodynamics, December 30, 2011, 01:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

autodynamics

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: autodynamics on January 01, 2012, 02:11:13 PM
This car is probably one of the best build I've seen and driven
It's all sorted out, everything works and is his daily driver

That challenger is sweet. The next car I build will be a 70 challenger with that exact stance.  
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

DC_1

Definately some favs shown so far!

autodynamics

That challenger is and drives unbelievable
The attention to detail is outstanding
I would compare his build to mine
No squeaks or rattles power everything pumping a/c
And HE DRIVES IT EVERYDAY IT'S HIS DAILY DRIVER WOW

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

nvrbdn

Quote from: dodgey68 on December 30, 2011, 03:28:22 AM
does this count :shruggy:

i havent been a huge fan of the big wheels, but there are some amazing looking cars here in this group. and this 68 is fantastic.its hard to quit looking at this pic. nice cars people.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

biggbubba

''But he drives like an old lady...       Seen him buzzing around on his way to the Spring Fling...''

I may drive like an old lady but at least my car works fat boy :2thumbs:

Rolling_Thunder

Fat Boy ?  hmmmm    not sure how to take that one...     strong words for a first post    :nana:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

autodynamics

Rolling_Thunder

Good job Pete -  Stir that pot!    :METAL:

autodynamics

You threw the dude under the bus! Damn

Rolling_Thunder

biggbubba

Gee I dunno Rolling_Plunder, take it as you will(you did dis my driving...yes?). And it's my first post because I see no reason to put up a million pictures and inane comments to prove that I can build a car. :o

autodynamics

Rolling_Thunder

I did - Only time I've seen you drive you were doing about 20mph in a 35mph zone exiting the 405N turning West onto Burbank Blvd then N towards the Fling...              

And the reason you don't post pictures is because you PAID to have you car built...    at least that was the information I got when I purchased your old engine...   so either
A) You had the work done by someone (which is perfectly cool - but that doesn't mean you can 'build' anything)
B) Your friend sold me an engine with a B.S. story (Also cool...      I fixed what was wrong with it - spun main bearings and con-rod bearings)

Either way I don't much care -

Call me fat - how would you even know? I have never met you.    plus I've lost 81lbs in the last 7 months...    so not so fat anymore anyway   :cheers:

Originally it was just a playful comment - however we can go round and round - I would just rather stop it here before it gets heated    :2thumbs:

You do have a great looking car though - that was never in debate    :2thumbs:

autodynamics

Alex ,that boy built it himself inhis garage ,trust me I know the boys got talent.

Now what about more rides. Any yellow pro touring machines rolling around?
More importantly 71 roadrunners next to chargers I think toss cars are bad asssss but they always seem to get over looked!

biggbubba

Regardless of the speed I may have been doing, at least MY car was capable of making it to the spring fling.

The guy who sold you my old engine is no friend of mine...trust me. If he thought I paid someone to build it then I guess that's a testament to the build quality. I can assure you that I built the car MYSELF....I have the scars to prove it. So don't believe everything you hear from other 'car guys'. The REAL reason I don't post is because of all the thousands of hours spent in the garage to produce a car that ACTUALLY works. Maybe you should stop jerking around on these forums and do the same.

Unfortunately electronic communication often does not convey intended humor.....so think about what you write next time.

(BTW....you've posted so much crap on this site, it was quite easy to learn things about you ie your weight) :slap:

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: biggbubba on January 02, 2012, 03:43:42 AM
Regardless of the speed I may have been doing, at least MY car was capable of making it to the spring fling.

The guy who sold you my old engine is no friend of mine...trust me. If he thought I paid someone to build it then I guess that's a testament to the build quality. I can assure you that I built the car MYSELF....I have the scars to prove it. So don't believe everything you hear from other 'car guys'. The REAL reason I don't post is because of all the thousands of hours spent in the garage to produce a car that ACTUALLY works. Maybe you should stop jerking around on these forums and do the same.

Unfortunately electronic communication often does not convey intended humor.....so think about what you write next time.

(BTW....you've posted so much crap on this site, it was quite easy to learn things about you ie your weight) :slap:

Fair enough - I only know what i'm told - i was told the engine was from your car that you had built then given to a dyno shop after a dealership did the engine swap - spun bearings resulted after the dyno and you got a replacement crate - I purchased your old engine ---    regardless whether it's true or not doesn't really matter at this point. I would be curious to hear about the engine I bought from you (the real story as it seems to be different than what I was told) 

As far as my skill and my car not working...     Well - I unlike many others don't have the money to simply "buy" what I need (ie. Baer Brakes, wiring harnesses, and the stuff that "bolts on") - so I make it - this is also how I learn...    Not knocking the people who can afford to buy the stuff - I probably would too if I had the means - but priorities in life dictate otherwise. I also learned a long time ago I don't have a time limit...    building it is the fun part for me so I try to enjoy it all instead of rushing around trying to meet some self imposed deadline. I'm sorry my car didn't make it to the Fling - trust me - it was disappointing for me as well...   but after spending YEARS building cars for other people I didn't have much time to work on my own. Between that and College and a social life - it got a little time limited.   

So let's clear the air - I publicly apologize for criticizing your driving technique - innocent humor which - as you said does not translate over the net very well.

So for us and the audience - BACK TO THE SHOW!   

Pete - I always liked the 71-72 Road Runner body style...  works very well with the pro-touring theme. 

Rolling_Thunder

This is from over on the protouring mopar site -  nice car from Switzerland

autodynamics

472 R/T SE

I'm trying to figure out if that set of wheels would look good on my car.  With these I can prolly hold off adding disc brakes to the rear axle for a while.  For whatever reason the photochop of it didn't look so good.   :shruggy:
The holes look bigger in the 'chop.

It's those, the Intro V Rod or Intro Twisted Vista.

bill440rt

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 02, 2012, 04:20:34 AM
I'm trying to figure out if that set of wheels would look good on my car.  With these I can prolly hold off adding disc brakes to the rear axle for a while.  For whatever reason the photochop of it didn't look so good.   :shruggy:
The holes look bigger in the 'chop.

It's those, the Intro V Rod or Intro Twisted Vista.

Mike, I can tell you the two biggest compliments I get on my car at shows is for 1) the paint, and 2) the wheels.
Just an FYI, the wheels on the 'Runner are from Wheel Vintiques, I believe? I have the Foose version. The Wheel Vintiques is a good looking wheel, but seen in person I liked the Foose version much better.

Check out www.newstalgiawheel.com
They have a "Wheel Visualizer" where you can place all sorts of aftermarket wheels on virtually any car. Change wheel sizes, tire sizes, car color, etc. Should give you a pretty good idea.
:2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

redmist

Still need to do suspension, but my plans are to do some track time in it.

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

autodynamics

Now how can the old farts say 15" wheels look better

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :stirthepot:

1974dodgecharger

All these pics made me HORNY!!!!!