News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Triple Black 68 Hemi Charger WIW ?

Started by mopar4ya, December 29, 2011, 09:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finoke

What an interesting thread. I hope you can get the car too.  :2thumbs:

skip68

I would say $45k-$55k is right on the money.    :cheers:   Great piece of history.    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

DC_1

$40-50k if it has the build sheet , fender tag and you have the original motor to put back in. 

I'd restore it. Isn't quite in survivor condition IMO

XP29J9B298249

I'd say $45-$60K depending on the actual condition once I get to see and touch the car.....

Iceyone

I'd offer $25K for it. People in jail usually take way less for things then what they may otherwise get out of them. You can always offer more later on if necessary.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

XS29LA47V21

For the people that think I want it to flip, your wrong . I would sell off a couple of my other cars to be able to keep this car. Hell, I've dogged it for almost 30 years. Will it happen, I don't know. Only time will tell. Like I have said above, I am just trying to get a feel of a FAIR value to make him an offer. I think it may be getting closer for something to have to happen with the car, as he has to be running thin on funds.  

The other thing that make it hard to make a fair offer, is the fact that there have been numbers throwed at this car from 30k to 70k. That's a huge spread.  Dan :cheers:
[/quote]

:2thumbs: Cool,  :popcrn:  Hopefully persistence pays off for you, 30yrs is a long chase, hope it turn out well for you.  I am approaching 15yr on a car, I call about once a yr asking, as it continues to sit outside under trees up on blocks.  FWIW avoiding the vette set or other survivor "qualifications" discussions, a very presentable true original paint cars with any motor combo or colors are very few and far between, the grooming to nice original driver with clean original parts would ....in my opinion clearly set the car appart in the masses of fully restored rare cars and be undeniable to the cars originality.... of real black Hemi car, how cool.  Good luck with the purchase.   

1974dodgecharger

we need to know more about the story of the car  :popcrn: Great find i bet the guy in jail is selling to you for 5k tops.... :2thumbs:

mopar4ya

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 04, 2012, 04:29:10 AM
we need to know more about the story of the car  :popcrn: Great find i bet the guy in jail is selling to you for 5k tops.... :2thumbs:

I will have a story to tell if I have the chance to buy the car. Buying this car at 5k is NOT going to happen. He knows what he has.

Dan.

greenpigs

I understand your just testing the water & doubt very much you will base your final decision on what a message board has to say. :Twocents:

Either way good luck with it.

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

fc7_plumcrazy

great looking car.
It must definetly kept as it is.
They are only once original.
I would pay 50k$ now (even with the non matching engine but another running 426 Hemi installed).
Seriously and I do have the money in the account

Carsten

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: mopar4ya on January 04, 2012, 07:31:27 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 04, 2012, 04:29:10 AM

I will have a story to tell if I have the chance to buy the car. Buying this car at 5k is NOT going to happen. He knows what he has.

Dan.

he could be desperate? what else is gonna use the money for in the jail....wait nevermind  ;)

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn:  Cannot let this thread die (yet).   Any update?  Maybe more photos to duel over?  We are on the hook, need more.

XP29J9B298249

Well, it's been a couple of months...any news on this one?  :P :P :P

65post

If I had the bacon to buy this I would send it to the rotisserie.Make it far nicer than mother mopar ever did and put back on a set of WIDE slots to go with those shackles.80s baby......
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

6pkrunner

Agree with the don't touch it. As the old adage goes, you can restore a car a thousand times, but its only original once. I know the urge to make it pristine is hard to overcome, but I'd wager you can get a done one from someone looking for a survivor.

That is if the car isn't rotten but just barn tempered. If its got rot or bad surface rust.......

Mytur Binsdirti

I'd trade my 2010 Challenger for it, but I don't think it's worth anywhere near the cost of a new 2013 R/T Challenger.

Tilar

Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on June 04, 2013, 02:06:39 PM
now for sale here?

http://classifieds.pennswoods.net/classifieds/viewad.cgi?adindex=2323442

Could be the same car....   For the life of me, I cant understand why some people have such a hard time figuring out the top side of a camera ending up with sideways pics. I'll pass right by an ad with pics like that.   :rotz:    Windows picture and fax viewer could straighten that right up.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Baldwinvette77

Lame, But whoever ends up with the car will have enough money to replace every panel with an amd part anyway  :rotz:

1974dodgecharger

greenpigs

Is this the guy that torched the car for insurance money?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

F8-4life

Such a dream car, unbelievable. What a loss.

MxRacer855

Wow, didn't expect to read that one...  :rotz: