News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carpet

Started by randy73, January 01, 2012, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

Tryng to install carpet in my 73 charger, need help in 2 areas.

How high up does the carpet go, i.e. do I need to cut out around the gas pedal or does it go just below?

Anybody got any pointers on how to install the carpet where the hump meets the rear seat pan.

twodko

Can't you use the old carpet as a template?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

NHCharger

I've replaced the carpet in my 71 & 72. The carpet should just slide under the gas pedal and will end part way up the firewall. The only place you will need to trim the carpet would be around the center console and where it tucks up under the door sills. Be real careful when you cut for your high/low beam floor switch (DAMHIK).

Where did you buy your carpet? It should be pre-molded to fit the shape of the floor. I set my carpet out in the sun for a couple hours to make it more flexable for the install, had no problems where the rear hump meets the rear floor pan.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

randy73

Can't use my old carpet, it was glued down in the rear and I ripped it to shreds getting it out.

This carpet seems to be partially molded for the front piece, but the rear piece does not seem molded at all. Carpet is 2 solid pieces, it is not cut to fit around my center console or for any of the bolt holes. I am letting it sit partially installed, hoping that it might bend a little and then I am going to use a hair dryer.