News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for a 1969 charger R/T,any ideas for searching for this car

Started by hotrod05, December 29, 2011, 02:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod05

Im looking for links or websites where I can look to purchase a 1969 charger R/T. Im not looking for a frame off restoration but a frame on restoration. any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. the web search for 1969 charger R/T for sale does not give much and I do not really know who is out there that would be looking to sell this car. I have checked  auctions like Mecum and they just do not get many, like 2 in my price range in the last 6 years. i plan to go to chryslers at carlise in July, but I was hoping that was not my only shot. Thanks

nelson_audet

you can post in the car wanted section on this board...

PM sent to you.
69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

Ghoste

They are out there but you have to be patient.  What is your price range?

hotrod05

I'm hoping 35 give or take a few thousand should put me in something that is really nice.... Thanks for all the feedback...

twodko

Sage advice Ghoste gives. 35k is a realistic price for a 69 R/T in very good condition. 35-50k will buy you finished car........needing zip except washing and waxing. We uber careful looking at these cars, if you can take someone along who really knows their Mopar stuff and you won't get screwed. Last, find a west coast car......Texas, Cali, Nevada, Arizona and like that.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

moparfan53

There are are some here. The search function finds all 69 Chargers so you need to look for the R/T models. There are sold ones also, but that might be good for comparison.

http://carsonline-ads.com/colsite/col?use=UC2_SearchSite&cmd=&sortByDesc=year%2Cmake_id%2Cmodel_id%2Cdate_online&type_id=1&make_id=11&model_id=59&section_id=0&year_min=1969&year_max=1969&state_id=-1&do_search=Search+Now&member_id=-1

There is also ebay and autotrader online. With ebay you can look at "completed listings" which will give an idea what some sold/didn't sell for. I think it only goes back 30 days though.
Good luck!

Here is one NOT to buy. A 70 R/T titled as a 69 R/T!?  :shruggy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-1969-1970-Charger-440-R-T-/120835119138?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c22559822